• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Yeah Shovel Knight it cool.

I'm on In Your Heart Shall Burn. I think the idea of no healing and no way good way of replenishing your potions, combined with a totally uninteresting combat system, is what's making me not want to do the story missions.
Try playing as a warrior with 3 ranged party members on nightmare. Playing the sword & board tank is pretty fun because you have to control aggro from all the enemies and manage your guard to avoid taking damage. Once you get some good skills and armor you can become nearly unkillable, it's very satisfying.

If you're interested in trying to make it work, that is.

Since I didn't get to play them last year, TLOU:R and GTAV NG are co-GOTY
Very good choices! TLoU is too good...

eznark

Banned
Try playing as a warrior with 3 ranged party members on nightmare. Playing the sword & board tank is pretty fun because you have to control aggro from all the enemies and manage your guard to avoid taking damage. Once you get some good skills and armor you can become nearly unkillable, it's very satisfying.

If you're interested in trying to make it work, that is.

Very good choices! TLoU is too good...

It's not about being easy, it's about being uninteresting.

Respect

I'd say Dark Souls 2 is my GOTY...not a good year overall though. Didn't love it more than 1 or Demon Souls, but the thing that annoyed me the most was soul memory, ruined pvp. Keeping a set soul level just meant you gimped yourself and once I started seeing fast rolling havel mages most of the time, it got boring quickly.

I still don't get why soul memory could not have just been ignored once you started NG+ and matching could then be solely based on SL.

Mrbob

Cutler actually took the high road today in his press conference. He seems to be the only non child in this situation between himself, Trestman, and Emery. Unbelievable.

While he didn't throw anyone under the bus he had some interesting responses.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cutler actually took the high road today in his press conference. He seems to be the only non child in this situation between himself, Trestman, and Emery. Unbelievable.

Its easy to take the high road when you're an emotionless robot.

Tamanon

Banned

Was kinda shocked at how he was, but maybe he knows Trestman is gone and is auditioning for the next coach/GM.

This has been an awesome year for games. DS2, MK, smash, bayonetta, farcry 4, child of light, counterspy, forza horizon 2, KI season 2, madden, fifa, sunset overdrive. Probably missing a few but if this is a down year in gaming then 2015 will be insane if it returns to form

Mrbob

The Cutler press conference seemed like an audition for another team. Heck the Bears twitter feed posted his comments about possibly playing for someone else.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears

To me that suggests Cutler is going to get traded if the official twitter account is posting this info.

I'd take the high road too if I were one of the highest paid qbs in the league. Play me, bench me I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck cause I'm getting a paycheck either way

Woot Seahawks extended KJ Wright for 4 years 27 million!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/545672390144192512
Seahawks announced 4-year extension for linebacker KJ Wright.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/545672233830854657
The #Seahawks announced a 4-year contract extension for emerging LB KJ Wright. I’m told it’s for $27M. Keeps him off the market.

#GoHawks

P.S Lol at Cutler... https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/545603032202108929

RT @SportsCenter: Crazy Stat of Day: Jay Cutler is making $22.5 million this year, more than Wilson, Luck, Rodgers, Newton, Sanchez COMBINED

jmdajr

Uh Oh: Tom Brady Is Celebrating Again

BN-GB868_1218BR_P_20141218105519.jpg

NFL defenses know one thing: You should fear Tom Brady . Increasingly, his teammates agree.

“All of a sudden he’s a foot away from you, head-butting you three times,” said teammate Brandon LaFell. “I’m like, hey, man, calm down.”

Running back Jonas Gray said that Brady gets so fierce and excited that he struggles to indicate whether he’s going to high-five or do a fist bump. “We don’t know what he’s going to do,” Gray said. “We don’t know if he’s going to go either way.” Gray explained that the best way to deal with it is to simply lay your hand out flat and let Brady do the work on the high-five.

“You have to take whatever happens,” said backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. “You can’t overthink that stuff.”

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ben won the FedEx air player of the week for the fourth time this year.

Ben - 27 35 77.1% 360 0 0 109.2
Brees - 29 36 80.6% 375 3 0 137.8

Who votes for these things?

Vio-Lence

Banned
I just cant understand the decision to sign Cutler to that deal vs franchising him.

Took the Bears 6 seasons and an awful contract to figure out hes garbage.

The Cutler press conference seemed like an audition for another team. Heck the Bears twitter feed posted his comments about possibly playing for someone else.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears

To me that suggests Cutler is going to get traded if the official twitter account is posting this info.
Keep in my that the ppl in charge of Teams don't actually run those accounts/ or official team website/store. But cutler probably won't be on the Bears

I really need to get back to Bayonetta 2. I'm just backlogged in so many games it's not even funny. I have Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Dark Souls 2 and AC Unity that I haven't even been anywhere close to finishing. Also at some point I'm gonna try to get back into Final Fantasy XIV. I need a long vacation from work or something.

Ben won the FedEx air player of the week for the fourth time this year.

Ben - 27 35 77.1% 360 0 0 109.2
Brees - 29 36 80.6% 375 3 0 137.8

Who votes for these things?

yeah but brees did it against a JV defense. can't remember who the stealers played but i'm assuming it was a tougher matchup than the bears

Fantomex

I loved DA Inquisition. The different terrains, landscapes, lore, conversations, strategic fights, armies, weapons, collecting schematics, building your kingdom and making deals with other countries. Having never played any other games in the franchise. Putting the difficulty on nightmare seemed difficult but not impossible. It was just an awesome experience 120 hours on my first playthrough.

Then hearing about Dark Souls 2 And this is where I disagree with you fine people. I think Dark Souls is meant for people that liked to cut themselves when they were young. The type that would pull off a 2 inch scab way before it was ready to fall off. The guy that would constantly ask the same girl out in high school and got rejected but finally came around when some other guy got her pregnant lol The game is supposed to make you enjoy suffering. I mean in a nutshell you spend 80% of the game failing, 15% exploring and 5% winning. And you win by eventually failing enough to learn how everythjng goes down and memorizing it. They should have called it, Edge of Tomorrow with gloomy and dreary graphics 2.

I have personally written a letter to the United states military letting them know the ideal super soldier make up. If they root for the jets, love dark souls and listen to country; that right there is a man who will probably be ecxited about being water boarded. He will never give in, suffering is a way of life.

I loved DA Inquisition. The different terrains, landscapes, lore, conversations, strategic fights, armies, weapons, collecting schematics, building your kingdom and making deals with other countries. Having never played any other games in the franchise. Putting the difficulty on nightmare seemed difficult but not impossible. It was just an awesome experience 120 hours on my first playthrough.

Then hearing about Dark Souls 2 And this is where I disagree with you fine people. I think Dark Souls is meant for people that liked to cut themselves when they were young. The type that would pull off a 2 inch scab way before it was ready to fall off. The guy that would constantly ask the same girl out in high school and got rejected but finally came around when some other guy got her pregnant lol The game is supposed to make you enjoy suffering. I mean in a nutshell you spend 80% of the game failing, 15% exploring and 5% winning. And you win by eventually failing enough to learn how everythjng goes down and memorizing it. They should have called it, Edge of Tomorrow with gloomy and dreary graphics 2.

I have personally written a letter to the United states military letting them know the ideal super soldier make up. If they root for the jets, love dark souls and listen to country; that right there is a man who will probably be ecxited about being water boarded. He will never give in, suffering is a way of life.
:jnc

We DA bros! No idea how long it's going to take me but 120 hours is a lot!

Dark Souls isn't thaaaaat bad. You just have to be patient and learn from your mistakes. It's kind of old school in that way but I wouldn't say it's unfair.

JABEE

YH, why are you so angry lately? Us Eagles fans need to stick together! We're all rooting for them to make the playoffs! I have faith!

YH, why are you so angry lately? Us Eagles fans need to stick together! We're all rooting for them to make the playoffs! I have faith!

What the fuck are you talking about? I am not fucking angry at all. I would love for the Eagles to make the playoffs, I highly doubt that it happens but I am always rooting for them.

Top Bottom