• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

lol that article is stupid
Ninety seconds into the fourth quarter, Wilson beat the Niners' blitz and hit rookie Paul Richardson on a slant for a 10-yard touchdown pass, putting his team up 17-7 and effectively ending the 49ers' season. If it looked premeditated, it was: Using the team's Surface tablet on the sideline (delivering power, speed and affordability as only Microsoft can provide), Wilson had examined an earlier foray in San Francisco's red zone and he didn't just think Richardson would be open, he knew it.

xPnWXql.gif

Besides the Packers the NFC North is a sad sack shit hole of a division. All of the teams are pathetic and haven't won anything in a long time (or ever).

Besides the Packers the NFC North is a sad sack shit hole of a division. All of the teams are pathetic and haven't won anything in a long time (or ever).

Bears are living off their one Superbowl win, and whatever # of title in the 30's. People think it's some historic franchise, but really they have one Superbowl win. Vikings history is just sad, and Lions history is just downright pathetic.

Eznark going full Eznark.

Bread

Banned
haha i just noticed you created the earwolf thread. just started to listening to their stuff. this is just my opinion, maybe it's just me, but i think they have some of the highest quality podcasts for my podcasting needs around
check out hollywood handbook next, it's my favorite pcast.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Let's see if I can make a joking, hurtful post to fit in better here.

Of course Jay Cutlet won't start in the Lion's game, Fatford already ate him. Har, har, har.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's only one sport where draft picks actually matter.

On an individual level, sure, it's Basketball. Football has QB's though which are kind of like drafting a player with the same level of importance as a lottery pick in b-ball.

Long term though drafting matters dearly in all American pro sports. Teams that draft bad end up sucking for a long, long time in Baseball especially. Hockey is also very draft heavy,

not really, that team was an 8 seed at best with rondo and he was either leaving at the end of the season or re-signing with a max contract. best to move on.

They waited about two years too long to do this.

Completely killed his trade value.

The Cs may have gotten the best deal they could now, but it pales in comparison to what they could have gotten in December of 2012. And for Mavericks, they basically paid a drop in the bucket for a legit title shot.

Plus there's the sentimentality of the 2008 Celtics officially being dead.

Paul, Doc, Rondo, KG, Ray, Perkins, Tony Allen, James Posey, PJ Brown, Scal, Sam Cassell all gone.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/dear-jim-harbaugh-just-go-to-michigan/

Article just recites the ESPN one about Harbaugh penned in Oct but I couldn't help but chuckle..

A speech Harbaugh delivered to the team a few days later, entitled “2014 1st Team Meeting,” explained his approach to battle. He usually writes in a spiral notebook, but this was typed and eight pages long. “I will be your alarm clock and wake you early,” he said. “It can be a great temptation to rest on the field and let the opponent have a play without making him pay for every inch. I must hold his pain where it is. Mine does not matter … The punishment I inflict, his fatigue, and that he is up against something that he does not comprehend is everything.”

The best part of that speech is that he called it “2014 1st Team Meeting.” He’s organized and obsessive enough to name all his speeches, but too busy holding his enemy’s pain to actually come up with a real name.

It was vintage Harbaugh, sincere and obsessive, inspiring and crazed. And its decisive moment, as Harbaugh described how he fights in the trenches, contained a clue as to why a coach who has won 74.5 percent of his games might just be expendable: “My opponent is going to have to die. But does he have to kill me too? He is killing me. But he has a right to. I have never seen a greater opponent than him. I do not care who kills who now.”

What. Theeeeeeeeeeeeee. Fuck.

It’s like a pep talk ghostwritten by Ra’s al Ghul.

I read the bolded in Liam Neeson's voice....I'm going to miss Harbaugh when he's gone.

It's been fun..

...That's why draft pick do matter in the NFL.

Not when it happens once every 5 years.

Every team has 7 picks (minus trades), every fucking year. And maybe just maybe every 10 year you hit it big on a 5th-7th round guy.

7 fucking chances man, not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, but fucking 7.

In basketball you have two chances, and the reality of the truth is the 2nd round is already a 90% bust so technically you have one shot per year. You don't hit on that single shot you're fuck.

In the NFL you can fuck up 6 of your 7 shots, and still be okay. Not to mention undrafted guys that make the team, which is rare in the NBA. Every NFL team grabs handful of undrafted guys that make the 53 man roster.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Rajon Rondo has been my favorite NBA player for a minute now, even though he was a Celtic. I love the passion and intensity the guy plays with. Going to make the West a whole lot different.

Going to put in my order for a #9 Mavs Rondo jersey soon.

Top Bottom