• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Duxxy3

CwMiXH-UkAAG1ui.jpg

Shit. Edelman got big. Hogan better watch out.

I'm probably gonna be a Scout or Heavy when it comes to it. I unlocked a pack and got the pink bubbly lancer just now lol

Scout is the most important since they get a bonus to any energy that they deposit. I love playing as a heavy though, once you upgrade your skills you just become a ridiculous killing machine.

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 26s27 seconds ago
Jets want a 2nd+ for Sheldon Richardson, some inquiries, no takers at this point.

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 26s27 seconds ago
Jets want a 2nd+ for Sheldon Richardson, some inquiries, no takers at this point.

Man I wish the Eagles could do it. a rotation of him, Cox, and Logan would be ridiculous. Keep those guys all fresh so the D doesnt keep wilting in the 4th quarter like it has.

Armando on the Wake-Cowboys rumors

Cameron Wake is at practice today and not on the trade block, as far as we can know. (The Dolphins, you see, do not tell us).

But in the, ahem, wake of a report from Sirius NFL radio that the Dallas Cowboys have interest in trading for the Dolphins defensive end, this requires addressing:

Everyone is for sale.

Everyone is available for a price.

I am not saying the Dolphins are interested in trading Cameron Wake. Neither is Sirius, for that matter. And obviously we’ll know by the 4 p.m. trade deadline if this happens.

My guess is it will not.

Why?

One reason is because the Dolphins think they have a chance to turn this season into something meaningful. And trading Cameron Wake would lessen those possibilities. Reason two is because trading a player, particularly one as respected as Wake, sends a message to the entire team and, indeed, to fans.

The message is the future is more important than the present -- which is fine if you’re the New England Patriots and 7-1 and you can trade anyone and still win. But the Dolphins aren’t the Patriots. They’re not built like that. They can’t survive that kind of trade with hopes of continuing on a current hot streak.

Thirdly, there’s that issue of compensation. Yes, the Dolphins would trade Wake in a heartbeat for a first round pick. They might even think about doing it for a second round pick. But who are we kidding?

The Dallas Cowboys aren’t giving a first- or second-round pick for a 34-year-old defensive end. No matter how gifted he is and how close to challenging for a Super Bowl they think they are.

(One can hope Jerry Jones would be this crazy. Then it might happen. But Jerry Jones is a sly fox. Not a crazy mule).

So this likely does not happen.

As long as the Cowboys don’t get crazy.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article111826352.html#storylink=cpy

Jerry Jones on Las Vegas/Raiders:

“Vegas has a lot going for it,” Jones said during his weekly radio show on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “It’s going to really have a strong case to get an NFL football team. I know that Oakland was approved to move earlier this year.

“You put all of that together and it’s really a confluence of things coming together. And I call that the crosshair theory – when things get in the crosshair, you better recognize it most of the time.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article111784412.html

Beach

The AFC West is gonna be interesting.

"Denver has a brutal 2nd half schedule. Opponents are a combined 38-22. #Raiders remaining opponents are 34-28, Chiefs opponents 37-32."
I see the Chiefs winning and the Raiders and Broncos taking wild card
Which is fine since a wild card game against the Texans or Colts would be fine by me. Especially since we are the best road team in the NFL

Hindl

Man I wish the Eagles could do it. a rotation of him, Cox, and Logan would be ridiculous. Keep those guys all fresh so the D doesnt keep wilting in the 4th quarter like it has.

Richardson is a DE, so he'd probably be rotating with Barwin opposite BG, but yeah, Cox, Logan, Richardson and BG would be ridiculous. Problem is that asking price is ridiculous, especially for someone with his off the field issues, and there's no way the Eagles would have the cap space to keep both him and Logan in the offseason, or do any other moves in FA. Maybe try to find a gem later in the draft to replenish the DL

TheFatOne

Man it's pretty sad listening to Bedard on his normal spot. Used to be a really solid football guy, but he did what all the media here does in New England. They all start to become insufferable assholes, straight up lie, and trolls when they see how successful that can be. Pretty sad stuff.

Hindl

Worlds colliding. Eznark's twitter just got read on the Giant Bombcast (he sent in a correction to Jeff for the Farming Simulator 17 QL)

MechDX

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 6m6 minutes ago
In custody all day #eagles WR Josh Huff bout 2b released fr Camden county police. there all day since arrest. @SportsRadioWIP @FOX29philly

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 4m4 minutes ago
Looks like indictable offense for #eagles WR josh huff after being stopped w gun, weed, and speeding. Gun is big issue. @SportsRadioWIP

Hindl

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 6m6 minutes ago
In custody all day #eagles WR Josh Huff bout 2b released fr Camden county police. there all day since arrest. @SportsRadioWIP @FOX29philly

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 4m4 minutes ago
Looks like indictable offense for #eagles WR josh huff after being stopped w gun, weed, and speeding. Gun is big issue. @SportsRadioWIP

Again. Fucking idiot

@ArmandoSalguero now18 seconds ago
Adam Gase says "it is what it is" when asked about whether he dislikes losing a home game next year and going to London instead.

Stupid Ross and his need for a Superbowl in Miami, hey genius, what about winning one instead!?

Bread

Banned
I am close friends with Greg's brother, he told me he secretly doesn't like AT and he thinks Greg is better off playing 2v1.

Top Bottom