• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

DfkR06Q.png

fsG3kzN.jpg

kmag

Daniel Jeremiah‏ @MoveTheSticks 1h
Text from scout on a team with huge need at QB. 1 word "Wow!"
(Guessing he wasn't referencing Padres 6-4 win over the Dodgers)
#rosen

Rosen should have thrown two picks to kill the game but got two touchdowns instead I mean was one was the most nailed on stupid late under thrown ball down the middle of the field I've seen, the other you can give the benefit of the doubt, but if the db's were a hair quicker would have been picked.

There's a danger of overinflating the performance on the basis of the result rather than the performance, which while good showed some pretty poor errors of judgement.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rosen should have thrown two picks to kill the game but got two touchdowns instead I mean was one was the most nailed on stupid late under thrown ball down the middle of the field I've seen, the other you can give the benefit of the doubt, but if the db's were a hair quicker would have been picked.

There's a danger of overinflating the performance on the basis of the result rather than the performance, which while good showed some pretty poor errors of judgement.

I want the QB who has the gumption to call a fake spike play after the WR already went out of bounds to stop the clock.

Duxxy3

I'm starting to think that Bill is grabbing players from the Colts and Bills just to prove how poorly managed those teams are.

Hindl

Yeah cause RBs are so valued now in the NFL. Chip dumped the RB with the 2nd worst contract for a young player who has comeback great from his injury.
Shady has been 1 of the top 3 backs in the league since we traded him and Kiko was abysmal when he came back for the eagles. Sure he's better now but he hasn't been nearly as good as shady

Slo

Official Thread is in the OT. I won't lie to you, men, we won't all make it back. Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

Official Thread is in the OT. I won't lie to you, men, we won't all make it back. Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!
You're already on the injury report.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

th

Slo, regardless of what happens this season I can truly say it has been an honor.

Beach

The prospect of a 4-2-5 base defense for the Raiders is actually pretty intriguing especially in today's NFL but is really being tested with no depth in linebacker.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The prospect
of a 4-2-5 base defense for the Raiders is actually pretty intriguing especially in today's NFL but is really being tested with no depth in linebacker.

You'd have to count on one safety (probably two) essentially playing as a deep down field linebacker. They'd need the athletic ability to cover a receiver but also to get upfield and tackle a RB/QB if necessary.

Lions use Teryl Austin base 4-3 with one safety preventing any chance of a deep ball. Glover Quinn does this and he does it very well. We had a GOAT defense in 2014 with Suh, Quin and Levy leading the defense. Lions defense has a lot of potential but we're going to need a lot more turnovers then we did last season.

dionysus

Yaldog
The prospect of a 4-2-5 base defense for the Raiders is actually pretty intriguing especially in today's NFL but is really being tested with no depth in linebacker.

Saints basically ran that as the base package last year. Vicarro acting as the safety/LB.

Tom Penny

The base defense labels don't matter anymore. Teams are in sub packages far more in NFL on defense now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom