• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 7 |OT| Kraft Money Rules Everything Around Me

What A Surprise

Rotoworld said:
The Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer conceded Wednesday he "wouldn't be surprised" if Andrew Luck (shoulder) missed the entire season.

Keefer's Indy Star colleague, Stephen Holder, also suggested Luck is no lock to play again this year following the setback in his surgically repaired shoulder. To put it frankly, the Colts lied to their fanbase. Owner Jim Irsay stated as late as the final week of preseason that Luck had a chance to play in Week 1, and the Colts activated Luck from the PUP list in what was perceived as a sign he would play inside the first seven weeks. None of those things happened, and the team is now claiming a setback. Luck should have been dropped in re-draft leagues long ago. At this point, we expect Jacoby Brissett to be the Colts' rest-of-season starter.

MechDX

They should trade Luck. Keep Brisket. Get some better defenders.

No one is touching Luck now. He hasnt thrown a football in 9+ months

Colt fans at Stampeded Blue are already getting themselves hyped for next year. "Luck returns and we have 70 million in cap space!!"

70 million doesnt go that far when you have to revamp an entire defense, fix an o line (still), receiver corp after Hilton is meh and you have no real tight ends. Top that off with a QB whose arm may just fall off any minute now

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
QBs (Teddy, Sam), top RBs (Peterson, Cook), almost an entire OLine a year ago. Yeah... as a Vikings fan the last few years have been frustrating. But we persevere.
Seeing defeatist Packers fans throwing their hands up just shows me that either: A. in the last twenty-some years that fan base has had to deal with very little real adversity and/or B. their coaching staff and drafting skills are so horribly mediocre that an entire season rests on a single player's availability.
come on its a quarterback league. its so rare for a team to have a historically great defense to carry them.

2011 Texans was stacked on offense and defense, Schaub was playing above average. He went down and they won a playoff game and gave the Ravens a game despite 4 or 5 ints from Yates and a Jacoby Jones fumble at the 5 yard line.

Season is already over
see, this guy gets it.

Fumble by the offense that went out the back of the endzone resulting in a touchback. Possession goes to the defense.
thats patently absurd, he never fumbled.

Beach

Eh, Hilton/Moncrief/Doyle aren't terrible 1-2-3 options at all. Need to hope that Marlon Mack is serviceable/legit and put money to the OLine. Not that far off with an offensive standpoint. Defense needs some work though.

So Luck had to get a pain killing injection into his shoulder to even be able to throw. Man I wonder if they are going to wind up having to do a second surgery to his shoulder. What a disaster.

Luck looks like he lost a ton of muscle mass. Dude is on the sidelines looking like he got lost on the way to the Magic the Gathering tournament.

Vixdean

How did they fuck up his shoulder so bad? Cam got basically the same surgery a couple months later than Luck and hasn't missed a game. Yeah, he's not 100% but shit, at least he's playing.

MechDX

In other QB news:

NFL Matchup on ESPN‏Verified account
@NFLMatchup
Following Following @NFLMatchup

These QB's have thrown the most passes over 20 yards downfield this season!
DMgqPzZW0AIokDh.jpg:large

#DegaAndPepsQB

Rvaan

Banned
How did they fuck up his shoulder so bad? Cam got basically the same surgery a couple months later than Luck and hasn't missed a game. Yeah, he's not 100% but shit, at least he's playing.

Luck almost certain made the injury worse than Cam's by playing with it for over a year. He got hurt in early 2015 and didn't have surgery until Jan of this year. That's ~700 throws on that shoulder, ~50 sacks, and ~billion hits to ground. He and the Colts handled this poorly and now have to pay the consequences for it.

Cam had his injury last season, played hurt through it and had surgery in the offseason

Luck hurt his shoulder in the 2015 season and (whether it was his call or the team's) played through it until Week 17 in January 2017

Nategc20

Banned
In my opinion barring injuries I think the bears, saints, red skins, Steelers, and sea hawks are about to make that sprint towards the playoffs. Those teams have potential to go on a decent winning streak and is built for the cold. Miami,rams, and eagles TBD. I could see the Giants going super Eli but not with the eagles and cowboys in their division.

Gonna be a good year of NFC fuckball.

In the AFC.... literally the same fucking teams of last year looks playoff bound minus the raiders swapped for that Miami or raven spot. Big Meh.

In my opinion barring injuries I think the bears, saints, red skins, Steelers, and sea hawks are about to make that sprint towards the playoffs. Those teams have potential to go on a decent winning streak and is built for the cold. Miami,rams, and eagles TBD. I could see the Giants going super Eli but not with the eagles and cowboys in their division.

Gonna be a good year of fuckball.

What makes the Washington Racists built for the cold? I don't understand that at all.

Striker

Saints are tricky because they're a dome team. But at the same time, the NFC is full of question marks and flaws so it's entirely possible. Their run game and defense has been fantastic for them in the past several games.

As for the Giants, it won't matter for Eli unless the run game and defense keep playing well. They just have one reliable threat and even when Shepard returns, he's still a slot guy who isn't dangerous to go deep. And these early losses sting because they're all from the NFC.

Hindl

Gonna be a good year of NFC fuckball.

In the AFC.... literally the same fucking teams of last year looks playoff bound minus the raiders swapped for that Miami or raven spot. Big Meh.
Washington's injuries are piling up. If they can get through the next 4 games 2-2 and can get some of their defense healthy again I'll believe it but they are really banged up and their upcoming slate is really hard

Jarnet87

The Colts could still fire Pagano and turn things around, but nah they gonna wait to destroy Andy and the franchise before doing so

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I’ll always have the Colts to make me feel better when I lament the Packers not being more successful with Favre/Rodgers

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
YH may want to put that pic in quotes.

Even Texan fans are boy scouts.

Didn’t one of the Texans fans like try to throw someone else down the stairs up in the nosebleeds in Reliant?

Definitely seems like a correlation between night games played and teams that play at noon more often than not like the article suggests

Rvaan

Banned

Philly not being in the top 5 is surprising considering they once had a court house in the stadium. Guess they reined that shit in or everyone else stepped their game up.

Didn't one of the Texans fans like try to throw someone else down the stairs up in the nosebleeds in Reliant?

Definitely seems like a correlation between night games played and teams that play at noon more often than not like the article suggests

Night games give people more time to drink and get rowdy, which means more drunk people arguing with each other.

MechDX

Didn’t one of the Texans fans like try to throw someone else down the stairs up in the nosebleeds in Reliant?

Only issue I have ever heard about that was visiting Cowboy fans around 2011 starting shit at tailgate parties before the game. Texans stopped that by not selling "tailgate tickets" anymore or only having tailgate tickets included with game tickets going forward. Cant remember exactly

Hindl

Philly not being in the top 5 is surprising considering they once had a court house in the stadium. Guess they reined that shit in or everyone else stepped their game up.
That was at the Vet, Eagles fans have generally cleaned up since moving to the Linc. Now it's still probably one of the most hostile stadiums in the league and the fans are real assholes, but it's more just being dicks and throwing beer on people than actually committing crimes. Not to say those don't still happen, but not nearly to the extent they used to

Night games give people more time to drink and get rowdy, which means more drunk people arguing with each other.

Eagles games are super tame these days. Even toward the end of the Vet they were getting there. I mean it's been nearly 15 years since the Vet closed. The Eagles security teams goes as far as to dress a security guard up in opposing team colors and heckle them to get other people join in then kick them out of the stadium. Fucking string operations against your own fans. I was at the game vs the Packers last year on MNF and frankly I would have brought a kid to the game, although expensive seats probably change the fan experience a bit.

Hindl

Eagles games are super tame these days. Even toward the end of the Vet they were getting there. I mean it's been nearly 15 years since the Vet closed. The Eagles security teams goes as far as to dress a security guard up in opposing team colors and heckle them to get other people join in then kick them out of the stadium. Fucking string operations against your own fans. I was at the game vs the Packers last year on MNF and frankly I would have brought a kid to the game, although expensive seats probably change the fan experience a bit.
Well yeah, it was the 700 level of the Vet that got the reputation. The more expensive seats will obviously be better fans. The top level of the Linc is where the worst fans will be

Top Bottom