• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

eznark

Banned
you'd really want to watch no check hockey?

just curious on this since you're the first fan i've heard that's even considered it

I've watched no check hockey all my life. High level women's hockey is every bit as entertaining as mens hockey (it's just impossible to find outside of US-Canada matches).

I would prefer that to the atrocious "head contact = 10 min misconduct" nonsense the NCAA is using.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
God damn!
Finally back.

c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

"What do you mean those were server cables and not cherry twizzlers?"

bionic77

Suggs is saying he'll be back by November. Guess we'll see.
He meant November 2014.

I guess he was human after all. Based on his face I just assumed him playing for the Ravens was some kind of MiB type of shit. My apologies Terrell. Welcome to the human race and get well soon.

He has always dominated our line so Ben has to be a little happy at the news.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So the league sent Mary Jo White out on a conference call.

"The factual basis for the sanctions is quite strong in my opinion," she said. "You must safeguard the identity of people that provide information to you in order to protect them, and also to encourage others in the future to come forward with evidence of wrongdoing. This is certainly not a one-on-one, he-said, she-said record at all. This is multiple independent sources."

White saw no merit in complaints from the players' union that it had not received, "detailed or specific evidence from the league of specific players' involvement in an alleged pay-to-injure program."

"The players sanctioned all activity and enthusiastically embraced this program," White said. "They always had the option to say no. They didn't say no.

"It is no defense that coaches were involved in it, this was an individual responsibility each player has and each coach has. Each player had the responsibility to say no to this program and they didn't do that. They obviously had the option to report this to the union and they didn't do that."

So the NFLPA and Breesy look like they want names so they can retaliate. Classy.

Also. 18,000 documents gathered.

Draxal said:
There's alot of chirping about osi to the ravens (from fans of both teams).
Based purely on the Ravens being interested last season when Osi was on the trade block for a 1. i.e. it's pure conjecture.

snesfreak

Banned
cuevas get on irc and make me an OP again, I have to kick jakncoke for this
<jakcnoke> well thats good cause idgaf about the wii u anyways! lol
<jakcnoke> snes will offer bjs though for info

I kinda hate Dota 2.

Nobody wants to help anyone learn and they instantly jump to insults and berating new players. The first game I ever played I got bitched at instantly for my character I played before anything even happened. I know there needs to be balance between types, I read up a bit before hand.

I tried to learn with guides and bot matches but ended up saying fuck it. It didnt have enough draw to get me to stick with it through the learning curve. Especially if I end up having to play with the worst community I've ever seen in a game.

Edit: I need to go finish
start
a paper on a book that I have barely skimmed. Fuck finals.

I got in the Dota 2 beta but I couldnt get into it. I coulnt find a tutorial and when I tried to watch matches it seemed everyone played very differently.

eznark

Banned
I kinda hate Dota 2.

Nobody wants to help anyone learn and they instantly jump to insults and berating new players. The first game I ever played I got bitched at instantly for my character I played before anything even happened. I know there needs to be balance between types, I read up a bit before hand.

I tried to learn with guides and bot matches but ended up saying fuck it. It didnt have enough draw to get me to stick with it through the learning curve. Especially if I end up having to play with the worst community I've ever seen in a game.

Edit: I need to go finish
start
a paper on a book that I have barely skimmed. Fuck finals.

I got in the Dota 2 beta but I couldnt get into it. I coulnt find a tutorial and when I tried to watch matches it seemed everyone played very differently.

Stick to baby consoles, newbs

Draxal

Stick to baby consoles, newbs

Dota's the biggest time sink game there is (oh boy having to learn about 80+ heroes, their builds + items, their counters) and it is unintuitive (wait I have to kill my own guys/denies).

I don't see how anybody with a full time job can actually have fun with the MOBA genre.

eznark

Banned
Dota's the biggest time sink game there is (oh boy having to learn about 80+ heroes, their builds + items, their counters) and it is unintuitive (wait I have to kill my own guys/denies).

I don't see how anybody with a full time job can actually have fun with the MOBA genre.

Serious? It's the most dead simple game to be marginally decent at unless you've only ever played shooters in your life.

You know you get to pick your own character, right? There is no need to learn all other heroes.

Well, time to pop the champagne!

champagne-pop1.jpg

Congrats Cincinnati! You win the draft, the AFC North, and likely our hearts with that little rascal Andy Dalton slinging and slanging. Ohio has something to believe in again!

Sokantish

Serious? It's the most dead simple game to be marginally decent at unless you've only ever played shooters in your life.

You know you get to pick your own character, right? There is no need to learn all other heroes.

I wouldn't say it's dead simple... yeah they have recommended items to buy but last time I did that I got yelled at by my teammates for buying those items. So you still have to know which items and stuff to get. Which really can be more important than knowing the heroes.

Also there's lots of little stuff that people won't pick up on at first that really can turn around games like warding, knowing jungle spawns and a bunch of other things.

It can be very intimidating for new people, especially if they've never played a game in the genre before.

Top Bottom