• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Up until this coming draft, there was no restrictions on spending in the draft. The Pirates consistently took signability above talent. No one to blame but your ownership.

The past like 2-3 drafts we've over slotted a lot of guys and spent a lot in the draft and on international. Yes our owners are shit and everyone involved with our team has been has been as well but that's getting away from the point that it makes no sense to attack the draft

eznark

Banned
The past like 2-3 drafts we've over slotted a lot of guys and spent a lot in the draft and on international. Yes our owners are shit and everyone involved with our team has been has been as well but that's getting away from the point that it makes no sense to attack the draft

The easy solution (and one I think they are working towards) is allowing picks to be traded. Baseball requires grindingly slow gradualism in most changes.

NHL is restructuring the divisions and has the most affordable digital pricing model AND maintains the integrity of the sport unlike Stern's Refball or Goodell's Pussyball, therefore the NHL has the best commissioner.

Sanjuro

Stern turned the NBA into the WWF. Easily the worst commissioner in history. No one else has actively rigged their sport.

They still maintain a healthy viewership. Stern is the next worse, but he was never foolish enough to move his product to a network where the demographic hunts a majority of the league.

eznark

Banned
I don't like Bettman and I hate the NBC/VS. crap but I'd be interested in seeing the #s pre/after lockout and how they compare.

What??! The NBC/Vs hockey coverage is the best this country has ever had. The quality is better than any other sport, by far.

Sanjuro

I don't like Bettman and I hate the NBC/VS. crap but I'd be interested in seeing the #s pre/after lockout and how they compare.

They have been steadily improving, so they aren't in bad shape. He is still the mastermind of relocating teams at an incredibly foolish rate. No matter what good he accomplishes at this point, he will always be overshadowed.

So does the WWF. Once the outcomes are predetermind it is no longer a sport.

Yeah, but I always pegged you for a Vince McMahon fan.

Sanjuro

What??! The NBC/Vs hockey coverage is the best this country has ever had. The quality is better than any other sport, by far.

The Versus crap is the key. I love NBC's coverage. Problem is telling ESPN to go fuck themselves still hurts. There were fucking playoff games that were unwatchable for me because nobody carried Versus. It was a joke.

For the record, I don't like ESPN's coverage particularly much. They are a necessary evil. Hence why I don't get people who just blindly bash it. It's the most popular sports network on the planet.

eznark

Banned
The Versus crap is the key. I love NBC's coverage. Problem is telling ESPN to go fuck themselves still hurts. There were fucking playoff games that were unwatchable for me because nobody carried Versus. It was a joke.

NBC sports is now a standard cable thing isn't it? I assume they made the move knowing what was planned.

I wish everyone would tell ESPN to go fuck itself. Maybe following sports would become enjoyable again.

Sanjuro

NBC sports is now a standard cable thing isn't it? I assume they made the move knowing what was planned.

I wish everyone would tell ESPN to go fuck itself. Maybe following sports would become enjoyable again.

In 2012, that is possible. NHL did it at a time where it was incredibly foolish and hurt the brand. According to the average American, the NFL isn't even on ESPN anymore.

I believe at this point NBC Sports is on a majority (if not all) television providers.

Too bad no one watches hockey.

iSweIaDaG3OfS.gif

They have been steadily improving, so they aren't in bad shape. He is still the mastermind of relocating teams at an incredibly foolish rate. No matter what good he accomplishes at this point, he will always be overshadowed.
So? Who cares about Phoenix or Nashville?

Has nothi to do with how the NHL has grown

Eznark said:
Ah, so. But that wasn't always the case,

Whateverhisnameis said:
Too bad no one watches hockey.
Too bad you have bad taste in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom