• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
robford_2102-430x298.jpg

It's over. No way Broncos are winning. Good game Seahawks.

You can't destroy the Broncos, Ford! Your voodoo won't stop the fact that it's my Birthday and the Broncos wont lose the superbowl on my birthday!

Godslay

Banned
Don't be afraid, Orlando is the heart of Toronto (Kave can vouch). They are all paying tribute to his glory in one way or another.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Are we going to keep this thread open, or start the offseason thread? The Superbowl thread being in OT is great and all, but it'll get crowded quick.

I think we should have a separate thread in OT Community and debate whether Matthew Stafford is an elite QB or not, and who the Lions are going to draft with the #10 pick.

MechDX

Are we going to keep this thread open, or start the offseason thread? The Superbowl thread being in OT is great and all, but it'll get crowded quick.

I think we should have a separate thread in OT Community and debate whether Matthew Stafford is an elite QB or not, and who the Lions are going to draft with the #10 pick.

I agree :kas

and our humor will not go over well in that forum. I dint want to be banned!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I agree :kas

and our humor will not go over well in that forum. I dint want to be banned!

Hey DX, remember I used to be Professor K (Jet Grind Radio) on the Cloudchaser/Xengen forums back in the day. I was a pretty big Nintendo fanboy back then, but my first console online was playing Mech Assault on Xbox Live with you and some other Cloudchasers.

We go back man.

I've stayed consistent on the Lions though. I remember hyping up Charles Roger, Roy Williams and Joey Harrington. And I was a Nintendo fanboy. Oh how young and naïve I was back in 2003/2004 and the GC vs. Xbox "wars".

I don't mind chilling here and there,

Agreed, but on gameday the thread is going to move at lightspeed. I think we should set up an offseason thread and start talking combine, pro days/draft/Stafford etc.

MechDX

Hey DX, remember I used to be Professor K (Jet Grind Radio) on the Cloudchaser/Xengen forums back in the day. I was a pretty big Nintendo fanboy back then, but my first console online was playing Mech Assault on Xbox Live with you and some other Cloudchasers.

We go back man.

I've stayed consistent on the Lions though. I remember hyping up Charles Roger, Roy Williams and Joey Harrington. And I was a Nintendo fanboy. Oh how young and naïve I was back in 2003/2004 and the GC vs. Xbox "wars".

Do you still take your GBA out to night clubs?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Do you still take your GBA out to night clubs?

No man, I grew up and matured and got out of my Nintendo phase. Maybe if Snesfreak was here he could convince me otherwise, but alas, BucsGAF is DMczaf.

Stafford is carrying the 2009 QB draft class on his broad, strong shoulders after Freeman and Sanchez embarrassed the class through Taco Bell and Buttfumbles.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Can we discuss why Eli Manning was chosen over Matthew Stafford in the 2011 Pro Bowl?

Matthew Stafford: 5,038 Yards, 41 Touchdowns, 16 INTS, 63.5% Completion, 97.2 QBR, PLAYOFFS

Eli Manning: 4,933 Yards, 29 Touchdowns, 16 INTS, 61% Completion, 92.9 QBR. NO PLAYOFFS

NFLGAF still has not given me a reasonable explanation as to why 23 year old Matthew Stafford was shafted for the 2011 Pro Bowl.

MechDX

Can we discuss why Eli Manning was chosen over Matthew Stafford in the 2011 Pro Bowl?

Matthew Stafford: 5,038 Yards, 41 Touchdowns, 16 INTS, 63.5% Completion, 97.2 QBR, PLAYOFFS

Eli Manning: 4,933 Yards, 29 Touchdowns, 16 INTS, 61% Completion, 92.9 QBR. NO PLAYOFFS

NFLGAF still has not given me a reasonable explanation as to why 23 year old Matthew Stafford was shafted for the 2011 Pro Bowl.

Cause he is fat!

Bread

Banned

How did their BMI stats compare?

BigAT

Did you really just try to claim that Eli Manning missed the playoffs in the year he WON THE SUPER BOWL?

Holy fucking :kas...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Did you really just try to claim that Eli Manning missed the playoffs in the year he WON THE SUPER BOWL?

Holy fucking :kas...

My bad on the playoff info, I was thinking 2012, but Pro Bowlers aren't voted on post season stats, its regular season and usually if a team finishes strong. The Lions still finished with a better record and Stafford was better in every statistical category.

Voting for the Pro Bowl doesn't begin after the Super Bowl ends.

I think Matthew Stafford is good enough to win a Super Bowl with the right team around him. I think the same about Bradford. And Tannehil and Dalton and Kaep and Cutler. Maybe Romo

Damn dude that's harsh, at least give Tannehill a chance.

Tannehil is a good enough QB but will never be elite. People will talk his whole career about how the Phins should cut him and draft a QB. Fans have these pipe dreams that they are going to draft fuckin Aaron Rodgers every year when they are much more likely to get Geno Smith

Tannehil is a good enough QB but will never be elite. People will talk his whole career about how the Phins should cut him and draft a QB. Fans have these pipe dreams that they are going to draft fuckin Aaron Rodgers every year when they are much more likely to get Geno Smith

We don't need elite, we just need good enough :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think Matthew Stafford is good enough to win a Super Bowl with the right team around him.

B for Based. B for Brilliant. B for Bradford.

If it makes you feel better, Stafford can have the Pro-Bowl. Giants fans are fine with the Lombardi trophy Eli brought back to the Meadowlands.

Our time will come. Don't forget how quick New York fans were to throw Eli under the bus until the Football Gods gifted the Tyree catch to the Giants. Similar to what a lot of Lion/NFL fans are doing except Stafford is a much more talented QB than Eli in terms of arm strength, accuracy and overall pocket presence. We just need to get the guy someone other than Megatron to throw to and he will post numbers like he did in 2011 when we had a nice set of WRs.

B for Based. B for Brilliant. B for Bradford.

Alright alright. Let's go back to talking shit before we get too sentimental. You better save that post because it is the only time I'll concede the point. Ima go back to talking about how fat he is and his pathetic footwork and sidearm slangin

Top Bottom