• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within five yards of the line of scrimmage before the ball is in the air. After the ball is in the air the defender can touch the receiver as long as it doesn't impede their path to the ball.

Cheers! US football is too hard to understand :(

Last night was my first full SB that I watched. It's on so late in the UK, from 11.30pm to 3.45am but I watched it all. Cant wait for the off-season so I can watch some more

Nakazato

Naw. You can get the hang of it.

Pick a team to follow, and if they suck. Do what Gator did and join Pats-Age.
Lol
Home in Morgan Hill with my one buddy who also moved here from Baltimore. I took my kids for ice cream after the game and we walked into a bunch of Niner families consoling their kids. We all had Ravens jersies on. The lady behind the counter said "how are you doing," and I replied loudly " I'm doing absolutely spectacular," and looked at everyone there. Felt awesome.
Like a fucking boss

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This is not true

Yeah, Jandro Del Crocodile' would never do such a thing. At least with the NFL. Now, he used to be a Rutger's fan, but one cannot argue he made a wise choice to follow the Florida Gators.

I wanna get into football a bit more. Any room for Dolphins-age???

Depends. Do you hate Nick Saban? Then yes, you're a Dolphins Fan 4 Life.

Naw. You can get the hang of it.

Pick a team to follow, and if they suck. Do what Gator did and join Pats-Age.

Ha, I am trying!

Here's the most obvious one (I tried to search but I had no idea how to describe it): when the ball gets punted back to the offense (from a restart or TD), why does the catcher kneel?

I'm presuming it allows the offense to restart outside of their TD area, at a designated yardage?

As for teams, well since 2008 I've been trying to follow the Giants, and still am, so I will stick with them! Don't think I can join Pats-Age with Mr Brady & all

As for teams, well since 2008 I've been trying to follow the Giants, and still am, so I will stick with them! Don't think I can join Pats-Age with Mr Brady & all
tumblr_m0hmw3RKEC1r16xkr.gif

I, Wellington, BigAT, Striker, Nemesis21 and a litany of other Giants fans welcome you to Giants-GAF, the nicest and most friendly NFL-GAF!!

linkboy

Ha, I am trying!

Here's the most obvious one (I tried to search but I had no idea how to describe it): when the ball gets punted back to the offense (from a restart or TD), why does the catcher kneel?

I'm presuming it allows the offense to restart outside of their TD area, at a designated yardage?

Kneeling is basically the runner saying that he's given up. It's usually done in the endzone, which results in a touchback, and the receiving team gets the ball at the 20.

I find it amusing how 49ers fans are mad about things that happened towards the end of the game. There were tons of non calls throughout the game on both sides. Including ref shoves from both teams.

Seriously, every little tussle after a play had ref shoves. My pals and I were in arms over the audacity that any player would even try to do that.

Home in Morgan Hill with my one buddy who also moved here from Baltimore. I took my kids for ice cream after the game and we walked into a bunch of Niner families consoling their kids. We all had Ravens jersies on. The lady behind the counter said "how are you doing," and I replied loudly " I'm doing absolutely spectacular," and looked at everyone there. Felt awesome.

Niners will be back. We won't. Our window has closed, but it did with a Championship, and I'll take that.

Hey, that's how we do!
Haha holy shit! I have family out in Morgan Hill! I kinda hope it ended up on their doorstep...

Also I think we will be back, though probably not next year. Get the feeling Reed will go through with his retirement this time, and we are already losing Lewis. Ngata has been hurt too many times as well. Still, we have been forced to pick upit or use some excellent new players like Kruger (dude is a monster) and Ellerbie. Rumors of Boldin getting let go better be bullshit though. That man needs a damn pay raise. Next year will be rough I think, but the Ravens will be back.

Novid

Banned
CBS is saying records were broken, but nobody is giving numbers, which means they gonna spin it to the high 120's which FOX will call bullshit on. but the days of 110/120 million watching the SB are nearing its end unless the Cowboys get ahead of steam or another Pitt/Dal superbowl. The math states these ratings are unstainable.

No he fucking wasn't. We've been over this. It was with in five yards.

Anyways Niners didn't lose because of that call. They lost because they somehow thought they were the second half version of the Falcons when the game started.

You must let go when the ball is in the air. He did not. Should've been pass interference but what's done is done. Shit calls/no-calls happen in every game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Last four plays kind of ruined the game... I was disappointed.

Now, I fucking despise the Niners. I'm glad they lost. I hate the Ravens almost as much, but the point is I didn't have a horse in the race.

But that was some shitty officiating at the end.

On third down they really should have called an illegal helmet to helmet hit.

On fourth, the hold was blatant.

But probably the worst shit was during the punt... when dipshit is running around like a little girl, Oline holding was everywhere!!! They were tackling guys.

Simms is like "Oh the niners weren't ready for that call"

How about you watch the play again, Phil.

Just really anticlimactic way to end a pretty fun game... unless you're a Ravens fan, last few plays were pretty bullshit.

Now, I fucking despise the Niners. I'm glad they lost. I hate the Ravens almost as much, but the point is I didn't have a horse in the race.

But probably the worst shit was during the punt... when dipshit is running around like a little girl, Oline holding was everywhere!!! They were tackling guys.

Just really anticlimactic way to end a pretty fun game... unless you're a Ravens fan, last few plays were pretty bullshit.

Know what holding in the endzone results in? A safety, so it doesn't matter.

mackattk

The blatant holding really killed it for me this game. It did start to get exciting after the 49ers decided to actually play, but there were way too many penalties overlooked.

I mean look at this:

ibdla8VTSwGQSS.gif

The hell is that!?

Evolved1

I mean look at this:

The hell is that!?

Idk that looks pretty clean to me in the gif, and I don't recall noticing anything blatant watching it live.

But I'm shitty at noticing anything in special teams outside of blocks in the back that happen literally right in front of my eyeballs.

Jeff-DSA

Idk that looks pretty clean to me in the gif, and I don't recall noticing anything blatant watching it live.

But I'm shitty at noticing anything in special teams outside of blocks in the back that happen literally right in front of my eyeballs.

I noticed it live. There was a HUGE hold to the left of Jones as he breaks free. I still can't believe it was missed.

Evolved1

I noticed it live. There was a HUGE hold to the left of Jones as he breaks free. I still can't believe it was missed.

You talking number 44? Like I said, I usually defer on special teams stuff. I'm still a little fuzzy how they call it most of the time. That part of the game happens a little too fast for me.

mackattk

Keep an eye on the ~35 yard line. Ravens hold back a 49er to let the ball carrier pass right through.

linkboy

Because you cant be in the middle of being blocked then turn your body around and get a block in the back call. lrn2nfl

And two players can't wrap a player up like and and HOLD him to prevent him from being able to make a play, lrn2nfl yourself

Yeah not sure why that play is being referenced. Harbaugh doesn't know the rules.

I think its more the principal of the matter at that point. Those refs weren't going to throw their flags for any reason.

JHall

Welp, I'm now convinced of these QB's proclaiming they are ELITE. Matt Ryan needs to come out this offseason and claim that he is ELITE!

I love stories like Ray Lewis! Sure it is much darker than say Kurt Warner, but as a Christian, it is always a great feeling to see someone turn away from there past and come to the Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ. Only God knows what happened in Ray's past, and he seems sincere. The Apostle Paul Murdered thousands of innocent Christians, only to repent and give his Life to The Lord, then go on to become the most influential follower of Jesus. The Grace of God has no bounds. Amen!

Could quote myself, but cherrypicking the plays towards the end to call bullshit on is not the way to go about things. In the context of the entire game, the calls were consistent (as in, consistently not called).

Eidan

All things considered, Baltimore was pretty well behaved last night in terms of revelry. Nowhere close to as bad as San Francisco was when they won the World Series.

Joico

I love stories like Ray Lewis! Sure it is much darker than say Kurt Warner, but as a Christian, it is always a great feeling to see someone turn away from there past and come to the Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ. Only God knows what happened in Ray's past, and he seems sincere. The Apostle Paul Murdered thousands of innocent Christians, only to repent and give his Life to The Lord, then go on to become the most influential follower of Jesus. The Grace of God has no bounds. Amen!

So are you saying Ray Lewis is guilty? If so, he's still a murderer.

Cyan

Banned

How was Paul at LB?

Good thing these heathens play on Sunday.

Nothing is worse than the fucking refs killing drives with ticky-tack penalties. There is always a great deal of salt involved when someone falls back on one or two non-calls "changing" the game.

None of it mattered anyway, 9ers could have won and have only themselves to blame. They should have run Gore down their throats in the redzone. Ravens D was gassed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom