• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
KuoPr8o.jpg

I don't know what the deal was this game...

but we have had our players ejected from a game for something like this...heck it wasn't even as obvious as this one.

refshove.gif

Damn, how did I miss that one? Steelers had a guy penalized just for swearing to the ref this year. Gotta love how consistent the league is.

I don't know what the deal was this game...

but we have had our players ejected from a game for something like this...heck it wasn't even as obvious as this one.
Nobody was going to be ejected in the super bowl unless it was something absolutely egregious. Everyone was losing their cool in that scuffle.

I liked that the refs were more hands off. I didn't have any strong rooting interest, but I would have hated if they called that 4th down play pass interference. That would have basically given the game to the 49ers on a questionable call. For all the people complaining about that call, Ravens fans could just as easily cite the no call on Flacco being hit out of bounds which would have extended that drive.

Yeah, I've seen one handed shoves get players tossed. I understand its the Super Bowl, but rules are rules.

That skirmish was crazy a 49ers player throwing punches on a ravens player on the ground and than the ravens player pushed the ref I was like he's gonna get tossed out of the game.

So what avatar would be best to serve FMT for the offseason?

Also refs were fine. There were no calls on both sides. Anyone who complains is just salty.

harSon

Banned
HarSon's comments were poetry, not salt.

Word.

I was watching the game at 99 Bottles. Place emptied out REAL quick once the game was over, and the streets looked like Santa Cruz had a curfew.

And I just rewatched the 49ers last drive, and I forgot about that hit on 3rd down. The Raven defender straight up went in with a malicious helmet to helmet blow. Surprise that wasn't called on the big stage, considering how anal the league was during the regular season.

Doomsayer

Casual salt is really the best salt.

Really not salty though, because I needed the money, lol. I'm just glad there were no fluke plays that changed the game... I don't consider the KO return a fluke guy just exploded.

With an offseason under his belt Kaep should only get better. Hopefully Justin Smith can return to form and Frank can come back and play as well as he did this year.

We really should have ran him at least once on those last set of plays.

Word.

I was watching the game at 99 Bottles. Place emptied out REAL quick once the game was over, and the streets looked like Santa Cruz had a curfew.

And I just rewatched the 49ers last drive, and I forgot about that hit on 3rd down. The Raven defender straight up went in with a malicious helmet to helmet blow. Surprise that wasn't called on the big stage, considering how anal the league was during the regular season.

The officials were pretty hands off in this game. No holding calls and unless it was blatant and really over the line they were not calling it.

harSon

Banned
The officials were pretty hands off in this game. No holding calls and unless it was blatant and really over the line they were not calling it.

I can understand holding calls and general roughness, but considering their stance on it all season, and the recent news surrounding NFL head trauma, you'd think they would make that call on football's biggest stage.

Narag

I can understand holding calls and general roughness, but considering their stance on it all season, and the recent news surrounding NFL head trauma, you'd think they would make that call on football's biggest stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a concern about the refs deciding the outcome that led to a more hands off approach given the debacle with the replacements earlier in the year.

Trey

Yeah the niners lost this for themselves. Watching them is always such delirious torture. Up and down season, loss every 3rd game, somehow makes it through the playoffs into the superbowl. Like that junkie friend that has his good streaks goin', lands a good job finally then gets caught smoking dope in the bathroom. I love 'em but jeez their consistency just still is not there.

Consistency? They were perhaps the most consistent team in the league. Losing every third game gets you in the playoffs every year. The Niners had no bad injuries. They beat everyone they were supposed to. They just lost against a team they let get too far ahead, and then couldn't execute in one redzone series. Shit happens.

Some folks need to follow a shit team for a while to gain some perspective.

Also, people are bitching about refs? This game was clean. Walk with that shit.

Rayven

aka surume
GG Ravens-GAF. It was a damn good game.

Can't continually pull ourselves out of huge deficits. First half was inexcusable.

I guess I'm not too salty because that last safety won me $300. Thanks John!

Oh, Chris Culliver was getting toasted all game. Boldin routinely ate him up. We need to get younger on the DLine and get some OLB depth. Hopefully we can also get a cover guy in the draft.

What was the general consensus about the 49ers 4th down play at the BAL 5? Was that holding or a good no call?

good no call. replays looked more like a push off TBH.

running into the kicker on the other hand...

Consistency? They were perhaps the most consistent team in the league. Losing every third game gets you in the playoffs every year. The Niners had no bad injuries. They beat everyone they were supposed to. They just lost against a team they let get too far ahead, and then couldn't execute in one redzone series. Shit happens.

Some folks need to follow a shit team for a while to gain some perspective.

Also, people are bitching about refs? This game was clean. Walk with that shit.

Nah they're pretty inconsistent and sloppy.

Trey

Nah they're pretty inconsistent and sloppy.

Compared to what? They were just being outplayed. That is allowed to happen. Football isn't some neat rote execution sport. It's about individual moments, and they will not break your way every time. It was an evenly played game down the stretch. Ravens D just came up big.

Afrikan

Did you watch the same game I did?

right.

We got called for a few offsides...yet when we came back to try to tie the game...on a 2pt conversion, Ed Reed is offsides...getting a clean disturbance on the play..and the refs didn't call that one.

heck how many PIs were called on the Ravens this game?

again, I feel our play calling is what f'd us up this game...but I would hope some don't feel the officiating was consistent.

sure Flacco was barely hit out of bounds...but Crabtree was blatantly tackled while out of bounds one time...but nothing was called.

Also wasn't that a face mask by Boldon on that key 3rd down big play late in the game? As an offesive player you can't grab and hold a defender's facemask.

see5harp

As much as that was a hold at the end, it was a terrible play call and maybe just a broken play because of the blitz. You can't blame the refs for all of the terrible secondary defense and abysmal special teams play.

PopeReal

Despite being at a terrible super bowl party it was a great game. Seriously, the amount of kids and dogs outnumbered the adults and it was pure mayhem. Someone was in front of the tv every 2 minutes. Dogs fighting. Kids fighting. Dogs pissing on the floor. Kids hands all over the food. Too small of a space for that many people.

The refs seemed to let a lot of stuff go. But again it was chaos so I might have missed some of the more questionable stuff.

Spinluck

Sucks that we might not get a Superbowl this bizarre in a long time.

Hopefully instead of a black out, we get a nude fan running across the field or some shit.

cajunator

Banned
What have I been saying? What have I said since day 1? Joe. Fucking. Flacco. Gather round NFL-Gaf, we need to have a little campfire chat.

Y'all cunts don't know shit.

You're like LaMarr Woodley. Remember him? Remember when he said Joe Flacco won't win a Superbowl "in this lifetime". Well just like LaMarr I hope you enjoyed this MVP performance you shit-slurping cock-junkies. No please tell me how knowledgeable you are about the game. Tell me about collapses. Tell me about frauds. Tell me about elite. Tell me about how Joe Flacco's dick tastes!!!!!

HEY KIDS, IT'S RAY'S LAST RIDE DID YOU HERE IT'S THE RIDE THAT IS LAST RIDEY RIDE RIDE. YOU CAN TELL IT IS BECAUSE HE LEFT FOUR TEAMS WITH TIRE MARKS ALL OVER THEIR CHUMP ASS TO PROVE IT!

Yeah but he's a big mean murdereSUCK MY DICK!
Yeah but he's got 6 kids with foSUCK MY DICK!
Yeah but deer antSUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

The Ravens had never beaten the Colts in the playoffs. But then we did. The Ravens had never beaten Peyton Manning ever. But then we did. The Patriots were 67-0 when leading at halftime at home. But then 67-1. The 49ers never lost in the Superbowl. But then they did.

So everybody can just chill the fuck out. Flacco's got this. Until the day he dies. Because the win is forever. Bitches.

PgMgc8L.gif

#F5

Congrats. you guys earned the fuck out of this one. Enjoy it!

Did you watch the same game I did?

The one where the Ravens won? Sure did!

There was DPI missed on Torrey Smith and a possible drive sustaining penalty missed when Flacco got hit out of bounds. If there was going to be a fix, it be against the Ravens. We're the bad guys. No one outside of Baltimore and my house in the Bay Area wants us to win. They want Jim Harbaugh. They want marketable Kaepernick. And they sure as shit don't want " murderer" Ray to win.

But they did. Get over it. If you want to complain, complain about why your amazing D got torched in the first half.

PopeReal

Who the fuck brings dogs to a party

haha I had that typed out in my post and erased it... didn't want to sound like an animal hater. But it was weird, the doorbell would ring and in would run 2 dogs and a kid or two. I was a bit surprised. They were distracting as hell and had free run of the house. The pitbull puppy was pretty cute I must say.

cajunator

Banned
The one where the Ravens won? Sure did!

There was DPI missed on Torrey Smith and a possible drive sustaining penalty missed when Flacco got hit out of bounds. If there was going to be a fix, it be against the Ravens. We're the bad guys. No one outside of Baltimore and my house in the Bay Area wants us to win. They want Jim Harbaugh. They want marketable Kaepernick. And they sure as shit don't want " murderer" Ray to win.

But they did. Get over it. If you want to complain, complain about why your amazing D got torched in the first half.

WHat are you gonna do with the hanging "raven"?

see5harp

haha I had that typed out in my post and erased it... didn't want to sound like an animal hater. But it was weird, the doorbell would ring and in would run 2 dogs and a kid or two. I was a bit surprised. They were distracting as hell and had free run of the house. The pitbull puppy was pretty cute I must say.

I personally find it rude if you have a puppy and decide to show up without it. Don't hog all the love.

cashman

Banned

Kids I can understand since you have to constantly look after them and some might even like watching football, but bringing dogs to somebody else's place and having them run around indoors is kinda rude imo.

devilhawk

I can understand both sides to the many subjective calls/no calls. I can not understand anyone dismissing a ref getting blatantly shoved though. Wouldn't shock me if the guy is suspended for multiple games next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom