• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

MechDX

Ungrateful heathens

gatorsanta_zpse956efe4.jpg

He is not going to come see you and bring you that gabbert doll.

Spinluck

I really get tired of this argument. They tanked + Jim Caldwell = a far worse record than that team really should have had, not to mention Kerry fucking Collins and Curtis Painter running the show...I mean cmon. It was a masterful tank.

And when you turn the ball over as many times as Luck does do people think that they somehow just get the ball back again? The defense has to actually respond to those failures, so he's not doing it alone by any means.

Meanwhile Wilson is doing everything you could really ask of him.

Fuck this noise, Luck had to learn a whole new system coming outta college, while the Shanny's are basically running a system that caters solely to RG3s strengths. It also set up easier throws for him, and he hasn't thrown nearly as much as Luck. We have Arians to thank for that. Regardless of how shitty Luck has played at times and how pitiful his stat lines may look in some areas. This doesn't remove him from the discussion. He deserves it as much as Wilson or RG3.

effzee

Fuck draft order. Let the new GM and coach figure that out and whether they want to move up or down in the draft.

I want to knock out the Giants. Lets go Vick!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If Seattle actually wins something before Cleveland, does that make Cleveland officially the most depressing place in the US?

Rex Ryan falling on his sword for Tim Tebow. Ridiculous.

Tim Tebow is a selfish athlete and pouted after he wasn't named starter. No respect for the game.

EDIT: AHHAHAHHAHHAH MERILL HODGE SHITTING ON TEBOW.

effzee said:
I want to knock out the Giants
I have to again ask if you've bothered to watch the Giants the last two weeks? The Giants are done. Coughlin has even said he will likely sit players that have been injured and probably shouldn't have been playing the last few weeks in the Eagles game.

cdyhybrid

I have to again ask if you've bothered to watch the Giants the last two weeks? The Giants are done. Coughlin has even said he will likely sit players that have been injured and probably shouldn't have been playing the last few weeks in the Eagles game.

You can't fool me. This is where the Giants sneak in and win the Super Bowl. I've seen this movie before. Don't slack Iggles, finish them off!

Muhhaha, just what I need a eagles win. Yes yes
tumblr_lsv0yykIVF1qkflw0.gif

MechDX

398624_10152333747665123_882993110_n.jpg

Merry Christmas you sorry bastards!!! Everyone but gator of course, he can go eat a bag of ______!
joking!Love ya snookums!

311553_10152332177140123_1466376912_n.jpg

I want to be reincarted as a chair in this lockeroom.

jakncoke

Banned
If Seattle actually wins something before Cleveland, does that make Cleveland officially the most depressing place in the US?

Walking down to the house of blues you wouldnt think this is a downtown to a big city but rather a movie set to some post human world.

Are there any vet CBs the Giants can get after they release Corey Webster? Because are going to need 1-2 vets to help mentor the kids. Where's Sam Madison/R.W. McQuarters when you need em?

You can't fool me. This is where the Giants sneak in and win the Super Bowl. I've seen this movie before. Don't slack Iggles, finish them off!
i.e. Corey Webster:

And this year he has bottomed out. Not even including yesterday’s disaster, he was ranked 65th out of 68 cornerbacks who have played at least half their team’s snaps, according to Pro Football Focus stats. Quarterbacks who have targeted him have amassed a 107.5 quarterback rating.

ibjeWnooHLVCVh.gif

That's just one cog in a very poor defense. We aren't doing shit this year.

wienke said:
If your hopes depend on the Detroit Lions winning a football game, your season is over.
Coughlin said that in his presser today.

He didn't

TheFrankman said:
Maybe Giants can look at DRC if Iggles don't sign him.
We already have a number of corners that can't cover for shit - why would we want to add another one?

Youth is fine if used properly and we're at the point on the roster that age and decline is becoming a factor (it was going to happen eventually). Give the young guys the opportunity. It's why Reese picked these players. A vet or two cheap works fine for me but cheap is the operative word. You laughed at Ross but I'll take him over DRC any day of the week. He knows the system and despite some rough games early on last season - he played his ass off in that SB run.

Same goes for the defensive line. We have plenty of depth and some vets that in their prime were premiere rushers but not so much anymore. I say sit Osi and Tuck the last game against the Eagles and let Ojomo and Tracy get the bulk of the snaps. See what we have there in a real game situation. This offseason is going to be really interesting. I made a post about it months ago but the 2013 Giants are going to be a very different team. Reese is going to go crazy on defensive line this draft (DT and DE), IMO. I just hope he addresses the offensive line in a major way as well (either in the draft or FA). We need a Guard and Tackle desperately. We're set at the skill positions, we need help in the trenches.

jakncoke

Banned
We already have a number of corners that can't cover for shit - why would we want to add another one?

Youth is fine is used properly and we're at the point on the roster that age is becoming a factor. Give the young guys the opportunity. It's why Reese picked these players. A vet or two cheap works fine for me but cheap is the operative word. You laughed at Ross but I'll take him over DRC any day of the week. He knows the system and despite some rough games early on - played his off in that SB run.

lulz?

cdyhybrid

Pete Carroll: Richard Sherman wasn't only Seahawk hoping Carroll would attempt to drop 50-burger on Jim Harbaugh.

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman pleaded with Carroll to run it up, ironic considering Sherman was on Harbaugh's Stanford team. In an interview on "Around The League," Carroll told NFL Network's Lindsay Rhodes that the 50-burger was a popular idea on the Seahawks' sideline.

"He wasn't the only one," Carroll said of Sherman's plea.

See guys, Pete doesn't run up the score. He's a classy, upstanding person.

jakncoke said:
I won't laugh much.

The Giants are in a position very similar to the Steelers recently. Age is catching up to some of those key positions we've taken for granted for some time (G, T, DE, DT). The one key factor is that I think Reese has done a good job of stocking some of those positions outside of the offensive line which has gone ignored for far far too long.

jakncoke

Banned
I won't laugh much.

The Giants are in a position very similar to the Steelers recently. Age is catching up to some of those key positions we've taken for granted for some time (G, T, DE, DT). The one key factor is that I think Reese has done a good job of stocking some of those positions outside of the offensive line which has gone ignored for far far too long.

Well 3 of our last 4 1sts were used on those positions. With limited production though.

jakncoke said:
Well 3 of our last 4 1sts were used on those positions. With limited production though.
Right, but squicken and I had this conversation already a few weeks back. The Steelers are much like the Giants - they don't play rookies until they have to. They will squeeze every last drop of production from their veterans until they have nothing left to give or are injured and youth is required. It's generally what the good teams that remain in contention do. You don't push youth until they've had the opportunity to acclimate to the system or you're forced to. I haven't followed the Steelers drafting situation but Reese has planned for some of these eventualities.

Also, you can draft all you like but there is an element of luck to it as well. Injury can throw a major wrench in your planning as a GM. You could say Marvin Austin has been a complete bust for us but he's taken very limited snaps due to injury...

wienke said:
Would anyone have blamed him if he did? Everyone in the room probably would have nodded their heads in silent agreement.
I certainly wouldn't have.:D The funny part is the other scenarios aren't terribly insane. The Cowboys could very well beat the Skins and the Packers are likely to beat the Vikings. I'd laugh if we did win this coming week and somehow made the playoffs. I have little confidence in this team doing anything but losing if they did but it would be funny.

Top Bottom