• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Thank god, it looks like the Jests are keeping Rex. Can't wait to watch at least one more year of ineptitude.

I don't know why but I feel pretty damn good about the Seattle game.

Probably because a bag of horse shit plays harder on the road than the Seahawks do.

Godslay

Banned
Nice thread Bucket, you're the best.

Wake up and so many guys fired already. 50% of the coaches in the AFC West gone.

Go Broncos.

squicken

Indeed, great OP Bucket. Just for you

driveims68.gif

Also worrying for Browns fans that Banner is going to be so involved in personnel. Didn't he sign off on the Vick contract extension?
I'm not worried, no one really knows what went on In Philly. And no one really knows how involved Banner was or wasn't involved in personnel decisions, no matter what we may think. I just hate that Browns fans are getting their pants in a bunch, calm the fuck down everyone! Nothings happened yet, lets just let guy do his Job before we start attacking people.

LJ11

Rex is the coach. At some point all the silliness and leaks are on him. I think he can coach, but he and they needed a change of scenery

No one will want to take the OC job if it's available anyway, lame ducks everywhere, and a HC who'll throw you to the wolves. Rex will have this problem if he ever gets a HC job elsewhere as well. Just keep it in house.

Love Drive. All you haters can go to hell right next to Saddam and Ronald Reagan.

How can Rex not get fired? Woody Johnson is a moron?

Either Rex gives good head/feet, or he's simply a charmer. There's absolutely no good reason to keep that shithead. He's a DC at best, not a HC.

squicken

No one will want to take the OC job if it's available anyway, lame ducks everywhere, and a HC who'll throw you to the wolves. Rex will have this problem if he ever gets a HC job elsewhere as well. Just keep it in house.

And Pettine left as well. Really dumb to keep Rex. Clearly Woody didn't think it through. Oh well, more free wins for Brady

TheFatOne

Bye bye Romeo. I'm sure the Pats will pick you back up now and make you look like a genius.
Now.... about Scott Pioli....

Crennel is still a good coordinator just not a very good HC. No shame in that. Would love for the Pats to pick up either Crennel, or Rex Ryan if he becomes available.
So Rex says it's Sporano's fault there wasn't more Tebow? wtf at that org

WTF Didn't he just come out and say that if he thought Tebow gave them a better chance to win he would have been starting?

Mrbob

Best 10-6 non playoff team in the worrrrlllllldddd!

Rooting for the Vikebike to do GB in again!

Based Wilson will win as well. In the AFC my heart says to root for the Texans, but my head says Bengals. However, Marvin Lewis is a choker too so that game is a toss up.

Luck is gonna get it done against Baltimore. Not sure if this will make Baltimore Larry happy or sad!

Let the battle begin.
Ian Rapoport: @RapSheet: On the Browns search for a coach: Told there are already 4 candidates, 2 college, 2 pro. Aaron Kromer is one of the pro coaches.

@AlbertBreer: And the Browns are expected to be in the Chip Kelly sweepstakes, which kick off in earnest after Thursday's Fiesta Bowl.

Jason La Canforna: The Browns and Eagles will both pursue Chip Kelly aggressively. Eagles also high on Jay Gruden. Both like Bill O'Brien as well ...

Albert Breer: Was told that a search firm was hired by 3 teams over a month ago to find GMs, and CLE & CAR weren't among the teams. Some homework's done.

jakncoke

Banned
I don't hate Drive, but I think GAF might of overhyped it. My favorite part of the movie was the music and opening scene.

Never follow GAF trends, either biggest piece of shit in the world , or best thing since sticking your dick in a vagina/ass for the first time. No middle ground.

Luck is gonna get it done against Baltimore. Not sure if this will make Baltimore Larry happy or sad!

Well, if we're going to make the playoffs, we might as well win the Superbowl, so I'm in. I'm as happy as I can be with the matchup; wouldn't have wanted to see Cincy for a third time, and at home, Flacco is average, bordering on competent. Plus, you gotta like going against a rookie QB, even one as good as Luck.

Luck and Flacco look like they could be friends. Really dorky friends.

Mrbob

How can the Bears not fire Lovie?

I agree with this and Matt Bowen:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Sunday-AP-Redskins-Lovie-Smith-and-more.html

If Lovie comes back, who will be OC? Mike Tice obviously cannot hold this position anymore, and no decent OC will come to Chicago and work for a lame duck head coach.

Ian Rapoport is now saying Lovie is probably out:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Talked to a source with knowledge of the the #Bears process. On coach Lovie Smith: "It's not looking good." #Staytuned

Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel
Ian Rapoport Ian RapoportVerified ‏@RapSheet 12m

#Bears assistants are freaking out inside the building. Coach Lovie Smith's status is "not looking good." Decision time for #Bears.

Crisco

Banned
You guys do realize Peyton is going to choke horribly in the playoffs. Like he always does. He's not his brother.

I agree with this and Matt Bowen:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Sunday-AP-Redskins-Lovie-Smith-and-more.html

If Lovie comes back, who will be OC? Mike Tice obviously cannot hold this position anymore, and no decent OC will come to Chicago and work for a lame duck head coach.

Ian Rapoport is now saying Lovie is probably out:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

Yeah. I figured both Lovie and Norv's seats would be nuclear-hot right now.
Sounds like both may be out. Pretty high body count today.

Dragon

Banned
You guys do realize Peyton is going to choke horribly in the playoffs. Like he always does. He's not his brother.

You mean the brother that's a turnover machine? Please.

People championing Eli because of six or seven games vs. Peyton's track record of amazing in the regular season need to face reality.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Whoa: Bears have sent out consent form requesting permission to interview head-coaching candidates.

GQman2121

Banned
I love that no one is picking us to beat Indy. We'll win and then get crushed by Peyton in Denver. We'll then franchise Flacco, dooming us for the foreseeable future......

Nightz

Some around the league have wondered whether Reid would be a fit back in California, where he grew up, but the San Diego Chargers are planning to go in other directions than Reid, according to league sources.
Oh thank goodness. Reid is like the NFC Norv Turner.

Wes

venison crêpe
@AdamSchefter

Woah. Bears have sent out consent forms requesting permission to interview head-coaching candidates.

Top Bottom