• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

TheFatOne

I forgot that there is still bad blood between Belichick and Crennel. Belichick didn't want him to leave to be a head coach, and he left anyway. No way Crennel comes back to the Pats. Belichick won't allow it.

Greg

eW9Wd.jpg

Talamius

Edit: As soon as I post, damn, lol!

Lombardi reporting Rivera will be fired today.

I'm conflicted on this. Rivera was garbage for a year and a half, but the team woke up at the end. If you're going to fire him now then you better have a AAA coach coming in.

Speaking of, if Marc Ross is the GM hire then I imagine that'll be announced quickly.

Dragon

Banned
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119909/article/panthers-decision-on-ron-rivera-not-expected-monday

I'd imagine the longer they take to make a decision, the more it favors Rivera staying. And you know what...I think I'm OK with that.

The players clearly love playing for him and you can't say that about every situation in the league (*cough* Tampa Bay *cough*).

These two posts right after each other are hilarious.

jakncoke

Banned
Arguing from history is silly. That kind of logic doesn't work in today's NFL when teams like the Redskins win seven in a row to make the playoffs.

To say he doe not have a history of choking out is silly. Because he won 1 super bowl the argument is invalid? Because anything can happen mentality makes the argument invalid? How many times did they go epic records barely play him then not make the AFC Championship? Now does this mean he will choke this year, no. Nothing is definite(besides browns/lions sucking). But to say he isn't a historical choke is laughable.

Crisco

Banned
The real problem with Denver is they now have 2 weeks before their next game. In state where pot is legal.

: mother of god :

ari

Banned
Lovie will be hired by weeks end. Whatever.

Kyle fucking shanny to the bears please. The bears is easily the better team of that bunch of shit teams so i can see emery flexing.

Mrbob

Congrats Bob. They also need to get rid of the dead beat dad and some of the other old dudes and start to rebuild. And don't re-sign Cutler. Don't pay premium prices for middle of the road QBs

Need an offensive minded head coach. I agree about Cutler. Bears can put the franchise tag on him if need be. No reason to sign him long term.

BigAT

More:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
RT @TBNSully: Highly placed bills source tells me gailey has been fired.

squicken

Lovie will be hired by weeks end. Whatever.

Kyle fucking shanny to the bears please. The bears is easily the better team of that bunch of shit teams so i can see emery flexing.

Bears roster is fading. Same as the Cowboys and Chargers. CAR and CLE are the best rosters with openings

Is Norv gone yet?

There are going to be some nice new OC and DC coordinator candidates this year, and Baltimore should be in the market for both.

Bowser

Lombardi's a hack that's been reporting that for a week. Jerry Richardson isn't even in Charlotte today:

Steve Reed @SteveReedAP
I'd highly doubt if we'll hear anything on Ron Rivera's future today, if even this week. I'm told Jerry Richardson is not around today.

Rivera's holding his normal Monday presser in about 5 minutes. Why would they allow him to do that if he's getting fired today?

jakncoke

Banned
Too many firings just for firings sake. There aren't enough talented coaches out there at this point.

Which firings do you disagree with?

Reid been there 14 years, 0 rings. you gotta win rings. You dont win at least 1 in a decade plus and had a down streak you gots to go

Lovie Smith, been there like 8 years or some shit, once again 0 rings. got to win a ring

Pat Shurmur, he's a fucking moron and a clown. watching him argue refs over shit that is right is hilarious its like hiring a 12 year old kid that has little to no grasp of the concept of football

Romeo Crennel better off a coordinator

Talamius

If you really sit down and think about all the legit HC candidates, the list is pretty short. There are going to be a lot of retreads passed around.

Wes

venison crêpe
Lombardi's a hack that's been reporting that for a week. Jerry Richardson isn't even in Charlotte today:

Steve Reed @SteveReedAP
I'd highly doubt if we'll hear anything on Ron Rivera's future today, if even this week. I'm told Jerry Richardson is not around today.

Rivera's holding his normal Monday presser in about 5 minutes. Why would they allow him to do that if he's getting fired today?

Yeah I've been reading around and can't find any other source to back him up either.

Talamius

Steve Reed @SteveReedAP

I think I'm of the opinion that if we can't get Chip Kelly or get Cowher to come out of retirement, we should probably keep Rivera. When in doubt, go with consistency.

Wes

venison crêpe
@AdamSchefter
Bills fire Chan Gailey

Open HC Jobs
Bears
Bills
Browns
Chargers
Chiefs
Eagles

Top Bottom