• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

Stat!

the team name ideas are getting better.

Nothing seems like the definitive best yet tho

The Dirty Mittens
The Twig And Anchors
The Purebred Gongshows
License to Wheel
The T-Draggers (sort of like T-Baggers but T-Draggers like Toe Drag)
Goon Squad

None of those are good? Pssh.

The Dirty Mitts could work too.

Jonogunn

Any chance I can pop in and out of your club for NHL 16 before nhl 17 comes out?

I'm part of a small club that consist of my real life friends only and we haven't played much lately (a few are waiting for nhl 17) and I just wanna get some games in the next few weeks when I'm feeling that NHL itch.

I've been playing EASHL since its conception in '09 and I don't think you will be disappointed with my skills and teamwork.

I play C/RD.

Delryk

Any chance I can pop in and out of your club for NHL 16 before nhl 17 comes out?

I'm part of a small club that consist of my real life friends only and we haven't played much lately (a few are waiting for nhl 17) and I just wanna get some games in the next few weeks when I'm feeling that NHL itch.

I've been playing EASHL since its conception in '09 and I don't think you will be disappointed with my skills and teamwork.

I play C/RD.

We havent played NHL16 in months.. waiting for 17...

Ok here are my ideas for team names that i promised a few days ago. I confirmed on NHL16 that max length for a club name is 25 characters

Kings of Strong Style
MAKE NEOGAF GREAT AGAIN
MAKE GAF GREAT AGAIN
Extra Sauce No Cheese Plz
Xtra Sauce But No Chz Plz
Canadian-American Alpha
GameMisconduct Guaranteed
Nothin But Net Battles
Gongshow Productions
Disallowed Goal Getters

Stat!

Ok here are my ideas for team names that i promised a few days ago. I confirmed on NHL16 that max length for a club name is 25 characters

Canadian-American Alpha
Nothin But Net Battles
Disallowed Goal Getters

The Dirty Mittens
The Twig And Anchors
The Purebred Gongshows

are my options.

Okay, a week and a couple days.

I really need to get Delray's beta goal uploaded. that'll be the first highlight of NHL 17.

Canadian-American Alpha
Nothin But Net Battles
Disallowed Goal Getters
The Dirty Mittens
The Twig And Anchors
The Purebred Gongshows

Alright so I guess we can make this the final list.

Im good with anything but The Twig and Anchors, but if I have to choose one now I'd go with Disallowed Goal Getters.

Edit: Since ph33nix liked Nothing But Net Battles im good with that one too if we need some kind of consensus.

Stat!

Canadian-American Alpha
Nothin But Net Battles
Disallowed Goal Getters
The Dirty Mittens
The Twig And Anchors
The Purebred Gongshows

Alright so I guess we can make this the final list.

Im good with anything but The Twig and Anchors, but if I have to choose one now I'd go with Disallowed Goal Getters.

Edit: Since ph33nix liked Nothing But Net Battles im good with that one too if we need some kind of consensus.

Fair enough. Not my first choice but if people really prefer it, I could live with Disallowed Goal Getters but what about Disallowed Goal Snipers or Disallowed Goal Scorers? Looks nicer than "Getters".

Not going to lie, not the biggest fan of Nothin But Net Battles. Just seems so long.Feels like the NHL 17 OT topic name and not a team name

Were almost there.... I actually enjoyed what I played of the beta, last year never felt right.

It's the return of the... "Ah, wait, no way, you're kidding,
He didn't just say what I think he did, did he?"

Were almost there.... I actually enjoyed what I played of the beta, last year never felt right.

I take it this means you might be joining us for at least a few games this year?

Fair enough. Not my first choice but if people really prefer it, I could live with Disallowed Goal Getters but what about Disallowed Goal Snipers or Disallowed Goal Scorers? Looks nicer than "Getters".

Not going to lie, not the biggest fan of Nothin But Net Battles. Just seems so long.Feels like the NHL 17 OT topic name and not a team name

Disallowed Goal Scorers works too i guess. The play on words for the other one was that Goal Getters was supposed to replace "Go Getters" if you've ever heard that phrase.

We need Delryk to pick which one he likes from the list. Then we can narrow down and conpromise if needed

Btw im doing the NHL 17 OT and was title i was going with is: NHL 17 |OT| Upgrade Comparable to Trading Shea Weber for P.K. Subban

Thoughts?

Stat!

Disallowed Goal Scorers works too i guess. The play on words for the other one was that Goal Getters was supposed to replace "Go Getters" if you've ever heard that phrase.

We need Delryk to pick which one he likes from the list. Then we can narrow down and conpromise if needed

Btw im doing the NHL 17 OT and was title i was going with is: NHL 17 |OT| Upgrade Comparable to Trading Shea Weber for P.K. Subban

Thoughts?

Ahh, I missed the play on words tbh but that might just be me.

Sounds like a solid OT name. I like it. Plus, its rubs salt in the Habs fans. Just in the Changes to Be A Pro section, write "lol"

Also, Im buying a new controller for NHL 17. When should I post the thread? What about graphics? So many questions.

Delryk

Yuup.. got a brand new blue controller right here with my new blue headset with blue leds all over. I be rockin the blue.

How bout Offsides Stat! That would be like a triple meaning there ;)

Really, i dont give a crap on the team name.. most of them are too long for my liking.. lol. But if you use Dissed Goal GETTERS im ok with it... scorers would be lame.. :)

Slot Cloggin' Beasts get it? Block rockin' beats. Ooh i crack me up. I need sleep. 3 more days and im on vacation playing some nhl17 bitches

Ahh, I missed the play on words tbh but that might just be me.

Sounds like a solid OT name. I like it. Plus, its rubs salt in the Habs fans. Just in the Changes to Be A Pro section, write "lol"

Also, Im buying a new controller for NHL 17. When should I post the thread? What about graphics? So many questions.

For the club thread i can provide art similar to last year. Id like us to come to an agreement over a name first if possible. You can post the thread whenever since it can serve as the club OT and a thread to gauge interest. Im posting the game OT on Thursday at midnight so prob anytime after that works. Ill PM you more about the club OT after we pick a name.

Really, i dont give a crap on the team name.. most of them are too long for my liking.. lol. But if you use Dissed Goal GETTERS im ok with it... scorers would be lame.. :)

Ok a few more variations on the name/theme since we were victim to waived off goals a lot last year. Any of these better options?

Dissed Goal Getters
Disallowed Goal Getters
Disallowed Goal Scorers
Our Play Is Under Review
Play Under Review
Play Is Under Review
Snakebitten
We Are Snakebitten
The Refs Cheated Us

Stat!

For the club thread i can provide art similar to last year. Id like us to come to an agreement over a name first if possible. You can post the thread whenever since it can serve as the club OT and a thread to gauge interest. Im posting the game OT on Thursday at midnight so prob anytime after that works. Ill PM you more about the club OT after we pick a name.

Ok a few more variations on the name/theme since we were victim to waived off goals a lot last year. Any of these better options?

Dissed Goal Getters
Disallowed Goal Getters
Disallowed Goal Scorers
Our Play Is Under Review
Play Under Review
Play Is Under Review
Snakebitten
We Are Snakebitten
The Refs Cheated Us

Play Under Review is kinda catchy? I like Disallowed Goal Scorers since it can't shorten to DGS and that is kinda catchy. I kinda want GAF in our name somehow since we are from GAF.

What about instead of Snakebitten, we do something like you know how you have to suck out venom if you are bitten by a snake? We do "The Snake Suckers"

Play Under Review is kinda catchy? I like Disallowed Goal Scorers since it can't shorten to DGS and that is kinda catchy. I kinda want GAF in our name somehow since we are from GAF.

What about instead of Snakebitten, we do something like you know how you have to suck out venom if you are bitten by a snake? We do "The Snake Suckers"

Alright we will call that a top 2 then

Play Under Review
or
Disallowed Goal Scorers

Delryk, ph33nix, Stat, Rev, anyone else that is lurking and might join for NHL17 cast your vote

Im going with Play Under Review

Stat!

Alright we will call that a top 2 then

Play Under Review
or
Disallowed Goal Scorers

Delryk, ph33nix, Stat, Rev, anyone else that is lurking and might join for NHL17 cast your vote

Im going with Play Under Review

I'll take Disallowed Goal Scorers. I don't mind Play Under Review either but I like DGS. Sounds better than PUR. But I'll cast a vote to make it easier to DGS.

At the end of the day, its not so much about the name, but about playing with you guys
Just kidding, if our name was tire fire, I'd revolt

I take it my spoilered one was dismissed and the joke didn't go over well cause Im not going to lie, I giggled writing it.

ill change my vote to Disallowed Goal Scorers and since Delryk repeatedly says he doesn't care about the name that sounds like a winner to me

edit: It probably looks better as Disallowed Goalscorers

Top Bottom