• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

Stat!

No winners there either im afraid.

What? I thought a couple of those names were genuinely good like the Grizzlies and the Dressing Room Danglers.

what about the "The Red Team?" and then are jerseys are like not red.

Or "Off In the Shower?"

And teams would be like "Hey, what team did we just beat?" And then they would be like "Oh we just beat"

Stat!

Off In The Shower is legitimately the best thing you've come up with yet

I came up with it years ago when I was a kid and I noticed the summer league website had scores like "Team A Beat Team B 5-3". We had to change our name like 3 weeks into the season :(

Anyways, "Off In the Shower" is my team name of choice.

Delryk

Delryk I dont see any winners in your first batch. Keep trying... We are the furthest thing from snipers. Try to find something that describes our playstyle or results or that is funnier or more clever.

Im not married to the fact we need to put GAF into the actual team name either. I think it makes it look/read a lot worse without any benefit. We are not sponsored or required to do it, and the fact is we arent a top 100 team and have never carried a name over from year to year so there is no recognition factor either.

Edit: a phrase that best describes our playstyle is...
DEFINITION OF INSANITY

No shit Vis.. that's the point

Muffin Snipers ===
A shot that wavers in the air when traveling towards the goal, usually used in recognition of a goal that should have been stopped, or a bad shot.

Grocery Stick Snipers ===
A fourth line player who sits on the bench where the forwards and defensemen split.

Pine Riders ===
basically a bench Warmer

hence, thats more like us. and these are real hockey terms.. guess thats why you dind't get them.. sigh.. LOL

Hell with this.. Slot Cloggers v2.0 lol.

Delryk

btw.. we aren't in top 100 because we don't play enough games. Easily keeping up in Division 1 but not enough to keep up with the leaderboard.

I came up with it years ago when I was a kid and I noticed the summer league website had scores like "Team A Beat Team B 5-3". We had to change our name like 3 weeks into the season :(

Anyways, "Off In the Shower" is my team name of choice.
Id say its my front runner right now

No shit Vis.. that's the point

Muffin Snipers ===
A shot that wavers in the air when traveling towards the goal, usually used in recognition of a goal that should have been stopped, or a bad shot.

Grocery Stick Snipers ===
A fourth line player who sits on the bench where the forwards and defensemen split.

Pine Riders ===
basically a bench Warmer

hence, thats more like us. and these are real hockey terms.. guess thats why you dind't get them.. sigh.. LOL

Hell with this.. Slot Cloggers v2.0 lol.
Someone seems upset that nobody liked his names...

btw.. we aren't in top 100 because we don't play enough games. Easily keeping up in Division 1 but not enough to keep up with the leaderboard.
With our current 4 man roster we arent a top 100 team, even if we played every night. Dont be delusional.

We got close (Top 150) when we had a better roster years ago and were firing on all cylinders on both ends of the ice.

We are top 250 at best if we play more frequently this year. Maybe if we get a few more really good players to join us things might change...

Delryk

Id say its my front runner right now

Someone seems upset that nobody liked his names...

With our current 4 man roster we arent a top 100 team, even if we played every night. Dont be delusional.

We got close (Top 150) when we had a better roster years ago and were firing on all cylinders on both ends of the ice.

We are top 250 at best if we play more frequently this year. Maybe if we get a few more really good players to join us things might change...

lol not at all.. :) i could care less about a team name.. loll

GAF Garbage Grinders

I'm sure that's super original and creative
thank you for your submission, the judges will render their verdict and contact you if this is the winner

Keep the ideas coming until we get one that everyone is cool with. We have an entire month to figure this and other stuff out.

lol not at all.. :) i could care less about a team name.. loll
You are still posting about it!

I must have hit a nerve with my opinion. If so, I apologize. Your ideas werent utter shit only somewhat shitty...

Delryk

Megaton Bombas
Total Yard Sale
Slot Cloggers 2 Revengeance
Hybrid Icing is Yummy
No Pigeons
Gongshow Must Go On

From Vis' PM last year (minus the team name we're using)

Megaton Bombas
Total Yard Sale
Slot Cloggers 2 Revengeance
Hybrid Icing is Yummy
No Pigeons
Gongshow Must Go On

From Vis' PM last year (minus the team name we're using)
Lol good find

Not sure what the idea behind Total Yard Sale, you must have snuck that one in there...

Stat!

Every night was already bobblehead night since i spend most of the game shaking my damn head at everyone else's low caliber of play

rekt

New promotional idea: Everyone gets a CD of the team's favorite songs. And its just 18 tracks of "When the Team Goes Marching In"

Delryk

Im starting to regret putting u in charge already...

l41lO8vRXzSB0CkqQ.gif

Delryk

Soo... i don't really play games on PS4 'cept NHL...

the long awaited NMS game came and I find out that I have a major problem with my gamepad... with i press the LT upwards to move, it's like as if i'm a snail. I move forward but super slowly and sometimes it just stops for a second and then restarts. It even cancels then sprinting action even if i don't do anything else...

I thought at first it was the game.. but after a few tests.. when I go in all other directions and I sprint, the movement is fine and doesn't cancel my sprinting action. All last night i was walking sideways in the game like a drunken mofo. thank god the game is singleplayer.

Soooo.. new gamepad tonight ya.

NHL16 broke my gamepad. ROFL. all that going up in the offensive zone yo.

Stat!

Im totally vetoing anything to do with cow or cow shit. Dont care if its Grizzlies or not but definitely not cow shit.

Delryk

Im totally vetoing anything to do with cow or cow shit. Dont care if its Grizzlies or not but definitely not cow shit.

Camel?

RUB IT BABY
7nvNwrsO4WlZS.gif

... seriously... if you have anything better throw it out... -sigh- I really don't care about the name of the team.. so whatever makes both of you happy really. ahah.

At some point soon we will compile a final list of all the best names.

In the interest of fairness all of the regulars on this club will be able to partake in a democratic vote for the best club name where my vote also counts for 10 votes

Stat!

... seriously... if you have anything better throw it out... -sigh- I really don't care about the name of the team.. so whatever makes both of you happy really. ahah.

Well, Im pretty low-key, not high strung, stress-free individual but I do care.

The GAF Club
Xx The GAF Shower Syndicate Mafia Crew xX
The GAF Grizzlies

Well, Im pretty low-key, not high strung, stress-free individual but I do care.

The GAF Club
Xx The GAF Shower Syndicate Mafia Crew xX
The GAF Grizzlies

Oh yeah i forgot to mention I have veto power over all suggested club names and im using it on all 3 of those terrible names proposed by Stat

Stat!

Oh yeah i forgot to mention I have veto power over all suggested club names and im using it on all 3 of those terrible names proposed by Stat

What is wrong with Xx The GAF Shower Syndicate Mafia Crew xX ?

You know how we did "Live. Chel. Repeat."?

How about "GAF. Chip. Chop. Chase."?

EDIT: Actually, Im vetoing my own name

Delryk

What is wrong with Xx The GAF Shower Syndicate Mafia Crew xX ?

You know how we did "Live. Chel. Repeat."?

How about "GAF. Chip. Chop. Chase."?

EDIT: Actually, Im vetoing my own name

If we'd have a goalie.... Flip. Flop. Stop. would have been sweet. LOL

The ideas are getting better guys. Good work

As far as how much better... kind of like the improvement from poop covered in blood compared to vomit with small chunks in it

All of you are at least moving in the right direction. About 16 more rounds of this and we might find a winner

Stat!

It will be close, I think it used to be 23 characters

I get the reference and its pretty good, but I think we need something witty this year while also distancing ourselves from our awful NHL16 club name

Ty for getting the reference. I was hoping you would.

Im out of names right now. How about the GAF Deflection Reflections?

Delryk

Time for Vis to list the names so we can vote on a top 3....

1 choice gets 3 pts, 2nd choice gets 2pts and 3rd gets 1pt.

Since we're like 4-6 peeps...that scoring scheme should make it interesting.. lol

I was brainstorming names yesterday ill post a few tonight when i get a chance

Again even tho its only 4 of us confirmed to be playing next year, Stat is in charge of everything now and not me so we might get stuck with one of his awful name choices

Stat!

I was brainstorming names yesterday ill post a few tonight when i get a chance

Again even tho its only 4 of us confirmed to be playing next year, Stat is in charge of everything now and not me so we might get stuck with one of his awful name choices

The GAF Binding of Isaac's.

Actually, Isaac has a few clever funny item names or just some good names in general.

EDIT: Lets just pick a hat/sort of come up with a name from here http://www.gongshowgear.com/canada/men/hats.html

The Dirty Mittens
The Twig And Anchors
The Purebred Gongshows
License to Wheel
The T-Draggers (sort of like T-Baggers but T-Draggers like Toe Drag)
Goon Squad

Top Bottom