• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

Vis, how do you plan drop-ins? Literally, watched my entire team not pass the puck (which led to numerous turnovers), not play defense, and kept running the goalie on the other team?

I let in 3 goals (my own team scored once on me). But hey, Im 3-0 as goalie since the other goalie is usually worse.

Its prob extra shitty b/c of the beta and same during the first month or so after release, but afterwards I found a lot of good games to be had. Like I said yesterday, if they allowed you to choose whether you want to play with or without a human goalie it would solve a lot of problems, since 99% of human goalies arent worth a shit. Ive just been practicing defenseman in dropins so far since u get plenty of opportunity usually. Good thing is when you do luck into a good teammate or two it can carry over to the next game now.

Been thinking about a club name and my best idea is to incorporate Rusev's slogan in some form of translation:

Rusev UDRYA Rusev MACHKA.
Translates into:
Rusev HIT Rusev CRUSH.

At minimal we could go with GAF MACHKA or NeoGAF MACHKA. Or we could do the whole thing replacing Rusev with a form of gaf.

Ill be around starting in about 30 mins for games if anyone is interested

I'm having an in and out burger, might be able to play in a bit

And I played some online vs and while I had a good time I could see the big problems Vis was talking about, ESPECIALLY switching players. It got to a point where I would just wait for my guy to switch defenders and I would just skate around him because there's that recovery time when you switch players.

I'm having an in and out burger, might be able to play in a bit

And I played some online vs and while I had a good time I could see the big problems Vis was talking about, ESPECIALLY switching players. It got to a point where I would just wait for my guy to switch defenders and I would just skate around him because there's that recovery time when you switch players.

Yea the defensive player switching is brutal. Hopefully thats a bug and not a conscious design decision thats fixed in the retail release.

Hey guys,

I'm down to join up for NHL 16 and 17 (Beta + Retail)

How do I sign up?

PSN ID: djblue_89

Send a join invite to the club. Search for abbreviation GAF. Beta club is named THE GAF CLUB

Once that ends im not sure I or anyone else is gonna go back to the old club, its more likely we will just wait till 17 is out.

Post in here when you want to play and maybe others will be around. I can prob hop on next between 8pm-10:30pm et tomorrow night

Stat!

Send a join invite to the club. Search for abbreviation GAF. Beta club is named THE GAF CLUB

Once that ends im not sure I or anyone else is gonna go back to the old club, its more likely we will just wait till 17 is out.

Post in here when you want to play and maybe others will be around. I can prob hop on next between 8pm-10:30pm et tomorrow night

Yeah I wont on till 8ish today at the earliest but I am up for some more games.

djblue89

Perfect will do !

Delryk

Games tonite? Went out to the driveIn last night.. Ice Age was better than Jason Bourne sadly.... Sigh...

I have a dinner so might be there after 8:30 ...

Stat!

You need to convince our new glorious leader Stat to make a twitter account so he can round up his troops himself and also get spammed by your Waze alerts...

I have a twitter account. And I can do a couple matches if you guys want.

EDIT: Not sure Ill be able to jump on tonight actually. My Overwatch crew wants to make a push for 65 rank.

How late are you guys playing?

Delryk

How dare you play overwatch and fifa before nhl17 !!

Hopefully its only cuz its beta.. ahahah.

Hockey is suppose to come first. Pppppffffttt!!

Delryk

I guess it's time for us to find a team name.. :p

i'll give it a shot. can't be worse than Stat's ideas.. lol

using hockey terms that some may not know to be a bit witty:

Pine Riders
Muffin Snipers
Grocery Stick Snipers

bah.. back to work.

Delryk I dont see any winners in your first batch. Keep trying... We are the furthest thing from snipers. Try to find something that describes our playstyle or results or that is funnier or more clever.

Im not married to the fact we need to put GAF into the actual team name either. I think it makes it look/read a lot worse without any benefit. We are not sponsored or required to do it, and the fact is we arent a top 100 team and have never carried a name over from year to year so there is no recognition factor either.

Edit: a phrase that best describes our playstyle is...
DEFINITION OF INSANITY

Stat!

Delryk I dont see any winners in your first batch. Keep trying... We are the furthest thing from snipers. Try to find something that describes our playstyle or results or that is funnier or more clever.

Im not married to the fact we need to put GAF into the actual team name either. I think it makes it look/read a lot worse without any benefit. We are not sponsored or required to do it, and the fact is we arent a top 100 team and have never carried a name over from year to year so there is no recognition factor either.

I feel the opposite. We are the GAF Crew/Syndicate/Club/Gang/Mafia.

And we were top 100 one year.

Team name ideas:

The GAF Attack Squadron
The GAF Stick Riders Snipers (combo of Delryk's names)
Stat and friends
Vis and Colleagues
The GAF Bardownskis

My serious names:

The GAF Grizzlies
GAF Dressing Room Danglers
GAF Insane Membranes

Top Bottom