• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

Omg they finally allow u to queue into a specific position before getting into the drop in lobby. Take my money EA!

Edit: They must be watching Moops games as two-way dangler sounds exactly like his preferred play style

You can finally pick if you want to be a forward, Dman, or goalie in the pick up games now! Yes!!!

LMAO they're stealing the same logos from relocation options in Madden!

Delryk

New EASHL trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P90HCaBgmm4&feature=youtu.be

Actually looks like a crazy amount of customization

Way more info here including anti-grief measures: Link

New Classes:
Hitting Sniper *NEW
Jumbo Playmaker *NEW
Two Way Dangler *NEW
Puck Moving Defenseman *NEW

OMG i think i just jizzed... so much new customizable stuff and all for EASHL and stuff.. this is awesome!!...

we'll have to figure out our NHL17 name ;)

Stat!

Stat can run the club next year, so he can decide the name and how ugly our jerseys will be

Firstly, I can only co-run it with your help. Secondly, I think you had a typo? in your post. Instead of 'ugly', I am sure you meant to type 'beautifully designed'.

Apparently, we are getting secondary NHL shoulder patch logos plus the custom logos (plus main logos) for customization.

Firstly, I can only co-run it with your help. Secondly, I think you had a typo? in your post. Instead of 'ugly', I am sure you meant to type 'beautifully designed'.

Apparently, we are getting secondary NHL shoulder patch logos plus the custom logos (plus main logos) for customization.

Yea the jersey and arena customization looks better than I expected. We are going to have to find people to actually play some games next year to unlock all that stuff.

Tomorrow! So yes, everyone on tomorrow the invariable broken overloaded servers.

I can set up a team tomorrow unless someone else wants to?

EDIT: Beta codes in my email!

You can setup i wont be home until after 7pm est.

I have 2 extra ps4 codes if anyone we know needs one

Stat!

You can setup i wont be home until after 7pm est.

I have 2 extra ps4 codes if anyone we know needs one

Same on the friends code. I love how open this closed beta is/was. From extending the date to everyone getting 2 additional codes, they want a ton of people playing it.

Beta starts today for those that got the e-mail (are insiders). So when I get home, I'll install and set-up a team!

Delryk

Whaaaa? I didnt get any emails yet....

Someone pm me a code so i can start downloading it..lol will be slow at the cottage

Untitled_8.png

LET'S GO

I gave my two extra codes to the two other friends I'm on PSN with the most (I think we were all in a party together once), I will probably ask for an extra for one or two others if you guys still have them later.

Delryk

Untitled_8.png

LET'S GO

I gave my two extra codes to the two other friends I'm on PSN with the most (I think we were all in a party together once), I will probably ask for an extra for one or two others if you guys still have them later.

Ya i know nobody but you guys on psn so i can send you one if you want!

I'll happily take your 2 if you know you won't need it Delryk!

So me asking for these codes did make me think of this, a few of the friends I mentioned already had the game last year, but there's 1 or 2 more from that same group who we 2K/FIFA with (So basically a crew of the same 5 guys) and they wanted to try this out too, but out of that group of 5 only 3 of us have experience. For the beta I may make a club for them and play with them some to help ease them into it as it's a newbier group. I assume in the next week or so that we'll be playing this a lot more so I don't think there's enough room for all of us if you guys were cool with them too. I still want to play with you guys mostly though, so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain in the ass to add me back if you guys are playing? Totally understand if it might be, but we'll see when the time comes how things shake out

Stat!

I'll happily take your 2 if you know you won't need it Delryk!

So me asking for these codes did make me think of this, a few of the friends I mentioned already had the game last year, but there's 1 or 2 more from that same group who we 2K/FIFA with (So basically a crew of the same 5 guys) and they wanted to try this out too, but out of that group of 5 only 3 of us have experience. For the beta I may make a club for them and play with them some to help ease them into it as it's a newbier group. I assume in the next week or so that we'll be playing this a lot more so I don't think there's enough room for all of us if you guys were cool with them too. I still want to play with you guys mostly though, so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain in the ass to add me back if you guys are playing? Totally understand if it might be, but we'll see when the time comes how things shake out

Of course, we'll always invite you back. Who else is going to play centre.

Its the beta, so the more the merrier. Full release comes out? Our game faces are on. Or in NHL 17, head #157 with #12 hair face is on!

Of course, we'll always invite you back. Who else is going to play centre.

Its the beta, so the more the merrier. Full release comes out? Our game faces are on. Or in NHL 17, head #157 with #12 hair face is on!

A tear has been shed :)

Soooo yeah I do need one more at least (I stole two from Delryk already). They all seem to really want in on this!

When September comes around I'm not anticipating as many guys to stay in with all the other stuff coming out, but we'll see how much of a hit the beta is with them. I know last year's beta got some of them hooked.

Stat!

If it makes you feel better Delryk, Im not much faster. The whole thing is 20gb but its taking me an hour plus.

Any ideas for a GAF Beta team name? I have some in mind.

Delryk

If I could lend you my internet I would

Ahah thanks.. my fault that im not home with my 150/50 internet..

Its so hot at the cottage that we're not even doing anything.. thankgod for an indoor pool cause i wouldnt be going under the sun even in a pool.

Delryk

If it makes you feel better Delryk, Im not much faster. The whole thing is 20gb but its taking me an hour plus.

Any ideas for a GAF Beta team name? I have some in mind.

Lol.. 8 hours left.. ahah.

Im terrible with names.. so whatever is fine with me.can always go with the same method of right now for the beta..

GAF BETA. TEST. REPEAT.

;)..

Stat!

Making the club. The customization is actually really impressive as are the menus. I love finding my IRL gear.

It won't accept out club name anymore. Only alphanumeric characters so please don't hate this new name that I am coming up with on the spot.

They have got to at least let you have the option to change what direction you are facing when attacking. I apparently messed up on my setting in my first game just now and I had to attack going down, it was the worst

Stat!

They have got to at least let you have the option to change what direction you are facing when attacking. I apparently messed up on my setting in my first game just now and I had to attack going down, it was the worst

What do you mean? For several years now, we have always had the ability to be "Always up". Heck, the game defaulted for always up for me in the beta.

What do you mean? For several years now, we have always had the ability to be "Always up". Heck, the game defaulted for always up for me in the beta.

I accidentally changed it to "home up" is what I did.

I should have just left it alone....

BeeNee101

Neo Member
New guy here in peace

What are your thoughts on the beta?

I like the puck pickups much better and passing is much more responsive. I need to play around with the net battles a bit more, but overall I think the game is rewarding good play and punishing bad positioning much more.

New guy here in peace

What are your thoughts on the beta?

I like the puck pickups much better and passing is much more responsive. I need to play around with the net battles a bit more, but overall I think the game is rewarding good play and punishing bad positioning much more.

Hey new guy, thx for stopping by and sharing

Me and Stat played 4 games of EASHL last night and honestly I didnt notice a whole lot of difference in the gameplay other than:

-traffic in front of the goalie leads to more goals from point shots
-skating feels a little different, but not noticeably better
-passing seems a little more precise
-net battles work well, havent figured out how to do the stick tieup one yet though
-goalies are much more beatable especially in 1v1 situations and breakaways
-a.i. teammates defend better and take their time more before passing to human players
-most of the small problems from 16 are still happening

Top Bottom