• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

I went to Flyers game 3 where they got blown out and already gave up on the series.

Ive been busy with some things lately but may be able play some this weekend

Delryk

I can play tonight..

trailer looks kinda nice... players look less "thick".. lol.

hope that customizable shit is in EASHL too.

Stat!

I can play tonight..

trailer looks kinda nice... players look less "thick".. lol.

hope that customizable shit is in EASHL too.

Of course the customization will be. I hope we get to customize our arena too. Dibs on making the popcorn free.

Net tie up battles are in. I wonder how they'll nerf defense to compensate.

CUSTOM JERSEYS AND NET FRONT TIE-UPS

swtmvsx.jpg

Stat!

Oh I posted in here yesterday I thought but Vis just send me a message on PSN as I would have played!

Im up for tonight if anyone else wants to.

Vis, how much do you like Overwatch? I am on the fence about it.

Also I'm game for some hockey sometime this week...

Overwatch is great. There is so much variety with the 21 characters all having unique abilities, playstyles and roles. Im not the best at k/d ratio and stick skills in FPS games but I can make a huge difference in most games by being a great healer/support, using the tanks as intended to push objectives, being a nuisance attacker who gets behind enemy lines and harasses certain key enemies or setting traps or turrets for area denial on defense. The map design is excellent except for 1 (Anubis) that is awful and matchmaking is superfast. I think you and your crew would really like it, as it takes some good ideas from Rainbow Six and Dota which u guys seem to dig.

Im still interested in playing NHL as well but I dont think ill be available at all next week. I have back surgery scheduled tomorrow and ill be in the hospital for a few days. Ill post in here when im out and able to play and see if we can round up a few guys for some games.

Stat!

Vis, how much do you like Overwatch? I am on the fence about it.

Also I'm game for some hockey sometime this week...

Overwatch is great. There is so much variety with the 21 characters all having unique abilities, playstyles and roles. Im not the best at k/d ratio and stick skills in FPS games but I can make a huge difference in most games by being a great healer/support, using the tanks as intended to push objectives, being a nuisance attacker who gets behind enemy lines and harasses certain key enemies or setting traps or turrets for area denial on defense. The map design is excellent except for 1 (Anubis) that is awful and matchmaking is superfast. I think you and your crew would really like it, as it takes some good ideas from Rainbow Six and Dota which u guys seem to dig.

Im still interested in playing NHL as well but I dont think ill be available at all next week. I have back surgery scheduled tomorrow and ill be in the hospital for a few days. Ill post in here when im out and able to play and see if we can round up a few guys for some games.

Good luck in back surgery Vis! Definitely up for some games when you're back. Err...thats a poor turn of phrase.

I was curious about Overwatch as well. Totally on the fence about it as well ph33nix. Vis, did you ever play Team fortress 2? Is it similar? Kinda looking for a new MP game as Rainbow is getting old, and Uncharted MP isn't too deep.

Good luck in back surgery Vis! Definitely up for some games when you're back. Err...thats a poor turn of phrase.

I was curious about Overwatch as well. Totally on the fence about it as well ph33nix. Vis, did you ever play Team fortress 2? Is it similar? Kinda looking for a new MP game as Rainbow is getting old, and Uncharted MP isn't too deep.

Thanks for the well wishes

Ive never played TF2 but I hear that is the closest comparison. One other thing I didnt mention in my writeup for ph33nix is how balanced it is. 21 completely different characters and none are OP and really only one imo (Winston) isnt viable. I cant recommend the game enough, its terrific and with the experience and resources of Blizzard its likely to receive great post launch support

You finally got the area creator you wanted Stat. No explicit mention of customizable jerseys tho, just "most customizable EASHL ever" so assume that will be in.

For EASHL im glad they didnt cave to vocal minority who tried to complain enough to get attribute editing bsck in the game. I like the classes, and think they can add several more player types.

As far as gameplay, I was hoping they would be brave and announce vastly inproved defensive AI in the neutral zone so the game will play more like NHL and not videogame NHL, but i guess we will have to settle for net battles and goalie improvement.

Stat!

You finally got the area creator you wanted Stat. No explicit mention of customizable jerseys tho, just "most customizable EASHL ever" so assume that will be in.

For EASHL im glad they didnt cave to vocal minority who tried to complain enough to get attribute editing bsck in the game. I like the classes, and think they can add several more player types.

As far as gameplay, I was hoping they would be brave and announce vastly inproved defensive AI in the neutral zone so the game will play more like NHL and not videogame NHL, but i guess we will have to settle for net battles and goalie improvement.

There was explicit mention of customizable jerseys.

EA said:
You can’t judge a team by their looks, but it doesn’t hurt to look good. Use the all-new team customization tool to edit to your team’s entire uniform, including patterns, colors, patches and logos to use in season play, when relocating a team in Franchise Mode, or to build your EASHL team identity. Progress through the EASHL to unlock even more items for your team.

I agree about the classes vs attributes. The goalie stuff has me worried - same with the mention or lack there of in terms of AI stuff.

Delryk

We know atleast that battles in front of the net is back.. i liked that feature.. if you're not on a rush and a forward plants himself on the side of the net to get a onetimer... you can actually cover that guy quite easily... so thats good.

We know atleast that battles in front of the net is back.. i liked that feature.. if you're not on a rush and a forward plants himself on the side of the net to get a onetimer... you can actually cover that guy quite easily... so thats good.

Hopefully it works better than before. I felt the net battle thing gave the offensive player a big advantage for getting deflections. The animation for deflecting seemed to trigger more frequently even if u fronted the player.

been free on xbox 1 for 3 months

No one cares about Xbox around here fool...

Btw I watched an interview with one of the NHL devs (Ben Ross) yesterday and following stuff stood out that would affect EASHL. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10412351.page

-hold triangle to engage crease battles just like board pinning. Both offensive and defensive players can initiate and they are tuning it for interference penalties to avoid exploits. As the initiator you can let go anytime. Players no longer unexpectedly get stuck on you and can move around you easier as they are moving by. All you are doing is cutting them off in one direction and if your player is stong enough you can push them back in that 1 direction(seal them off or back them down). You have the ability to spin off and try to front the guy posting you up (might be ratings specfic) and also the ability to spinoff in a direction in anticipation to tap in a rebound.

-"several" more player classes are being added to EASHL. Focus is on feedback from players on what kind of classes they would have tried to make themselves if attribute points were available but limited.

-in addition to the arena customization, there are more cosmetic equipment items that can be unlocked by playing the game over time and a ton of new hairstyles as well that are unlockable including a lot of "flows" and other hairstyles that stand out. I suppose this means those 100s of premade heads w hair are gone.

-40+ new celebrations are also unlockable over time.

-jersey tucks are back for EASHL only

-goalies have been improved. A.I. and animations cover the short side better. They said it should cut down on situations where a goal went in b/c the goalie wasnt hugging the post or slightly backed off the post for an animation to happen (ie low shortside glove save). There is a new animation possibly tied to a button that makes the goalie "get big" in the butterfly. Hugging the post seems more responsive from 1 guy who got to play. Easier for human controlled goalies to go post to post.

-puck pickups have been further tuned, two scenarios mentioned were it would be easier to seamlessly pickup the puck when going behind the net and keep your momentum and pickups improved on loose pucks if you hustle/turbo before picking the puck up.

Delryk

No one cares about Xbox around here fool...

Btw I watched an interview with one of the NHL devs (Ben Ross) yesterday and following stuff stood out that would affect EASHL. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10412351.page

-hold triangle to engage crease battles just like board pinning. Both offensive and defensive players can initiate and they are tuning it for interference penalties to avoid exploits. As the initiator you can let go anytime. Players no longer unexpectedly get stuck on you and can move around you easier as they are moving by. All you are doing is cutting them off in one direction and if your player is stong enough you can push them back in that 1 direction(seal them off or back them down). You have the ability to spin off and try to front the guy posting you up (might be ratings specfic) and also the ability to spinoff in a direction in anticipation to tap in a rebound.

-"several" more player classes are being added to EASHL. Focus is on feedback from players on what kind of classes they would have tried to make themselves if attribute points were available but limited.

-in addition to the arena customization, there are more cosmetic equipment items that can be unlocked by playing the game over time and a ton of new hairstyles as well that are unlockable including a lot of "flows" and other hairstyles that stand out. I suppose this means those 100s of premade heads w hair are gone.

-40+ new celebrations are also unlockable over time.

-jersey tucks are back for EASHL only

-goalies have been improved. A.I. and animations cover the short side better. They said it should cut down on situations where a goal went in b/c the goalie wasnt hugging the post or slightly backed off the post for an animation to happen (ie low shortside glove save). There is a new animation possibly tied to a button that makes the goalie "get big" in the butterfly. Hugging the post seems more responsive from 1 guy who got to play. Easier for human controlled goalies to go post to post.

-puck pickups have been further tuned, two scenarios mentioned were it would be easier to seamlessly pickup the puck when going behind the net and keep your momentum and pickups improved on loose pucks if you hustle/turbo before picking the puck up.

oooh people care when they like EA games... EA Access saves so much cash, you can buy more crap.. like a PS4. ;)

nice.. those are pretty good pointers there..

Stat!

I love the idea of unlocks in EASHL/Be-A-Pro.

The crease battles has me so worried about it being finely tuned especially if that means you can't tie up the stick (like most players can do in real life).

Like can someone tie up a guy in front of the net and make it impossible for a guy to defend as well?

Delryk

I read one more thing that all EASHL clubs start with no logo/badge and you need to earn/unlock that as well

That'd be kind of cool.. blank jerseys!!!... guessing the arenas would be the samething.. the crappest arena possible with nothing in it.. 'cept for of sponsor ads everywhere --- somehow... lol

Stat!

That'd be kind of cool.. blank jerseys!!!... guessing the arenas would be the samething.. the crappest arena possible with nothing in it.. 'cept for of sponsor ads everywhere --- somehow... lol

It dawned on me how bad the ads are. I was playing Be-A-Gm and was playing in Carolina and there were Tim Horton ads everyone including on the ice. Kinda takes you out of the game until you win the Cup and see like 12 guys in the team picture...

Top Bottom