• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 |OT| Allegedly What's Old Is New Again

StereoVsn

You can only sim to next shift with 20 minute periods. In 5 minute periods, you can not sim to your next shift.

So are the changes automatic then? Haven't played any NHL games since like 2012, is 2015 decent now days?

Edit: Decent for $20 on PSN that is.

Stat!

So are the changes automatic then? Haven't played any NHL games since like 2012, is 2015 decent now days?

Edit: Decent for $20 on PSN that is.

I would say in terms of NHL 16 versus past games, NHL franchise has never been better. The gameplay is at its best. That being said, its far from perfect. Especially with regards to AI, how player ratings don't mean much, and difficulty (rather easy). This is coming from someone who still plays every couple days.

In 20 minute periods, you sim to the next shift. In 5 minute periods, you press whatever button puts you onto the ice (O for forwards I think, square for defense) but your stamina might be low that its not the "right call" or its a PK and you dont play the PK.

Quite frankly, BAP is fairly bare bones and your coach/GM makes it rather not fun due to their stupidity. The game also suffers from "if you don't score, your team won't". A full season seems rather a drag. so in that aspect, NHL 16 hasnt improved from NHL 12 but the way your player gets better is a ton of fun (for example, if you take lots of wrists shots, your wrist shot gets better).

Montresor

Is there seriously no way to choose 8 minutes per period in online versus?

..... I'm stuck with 5 mins or 10 mins, no in between?

This game is starting to piss me off.

I dusted it off and decided to play it again, after having not done so in a while. I think I might sell it.

I wanted to do some Be a Pro, though, and win the Cup/a trophy in it. I did well in the pre-season, after picking the Ducks, but got kicked to the curb in their AHL system. I did well there, got called up, and did well in the NHL, but then I got sent back.

I got back right near the end of the season, and got out to a huge scoring lead at the start of the playoffs. However, I keep getting demoted part-way through. Sure, I'm simming, but I'm leading the league in points, and even if I score a big goal there's a chance I'll get sent down.

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
Just a heads up for Canadian players that the game is on sale on PS Store for 26$ which seems like a good deal!

I'm still debating if I should get it? I haven't played an NHL game since 09

bradigor

This game is starting to piss me off.

I dusted it off and decided to play it again, after having not done so in a while. I think I might sell it.

I wanted to do some Be a Pro, though, and win the Cup/a trophy in it. I did well in the pre-season, after picking the Ducks, but got kicked to the curb in their AHL system. I did well there, got called up, and did well in the NHL, but then I got sent back.

I got back right near the end of the season, and got out to a huge scoring lead at the start of the playoffs. However, I keep getting demoted part-way through. Sure, I'm simming, but I'm leading the league in points, and even if I score a big goal there's a chance I'll get sent down.

Are you playing in Red Wings mode? Is your name Gus Nyquist c2014/15 or Anthony Mantha of this season.

That may explain things.

Top Bottom