• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 |OT| Allegedly What's Old Is New Again

Neil_J_UK

Anyone know what I should invest 100k in? Done all the collections I can afford. I won't be playing too much over the next few weeks so I don't wanna buy players for my team because their prices will probably drop.

Stat!

Anyone know what I should invest 100k in? Done all the collections I can afford. I won't be playing too much over the next few weeks so I don't wanna buy players for my team because their prices will probably drop.

There's nothing you should invest in since prices will drop if you want to invest. Maybe some of the higher 100k guys won't drop too much.

I have the following guys if anyone wants to borrow to complete a collection for a bit of a tip.

Sedins
Luongo/Jagr
E. Kane + ROR.

There's nothing you should invest in since prices will drop if you want to invest. Maybe some of the higher 100k guys won't drop too much.

I have the following guys if anyone wants to borrow to complete a collection for a bit of a tip.

Sedins
Luongo/Jagr
E. Kane + ROR.

I just bought luongo and jagr, I'll tip you for Kane and ror when I'm done Florida

Lrrr

How is this game? Last years was painfully devoid of features and the gameplay felt exactly the same as previous versions. Is '16 the improvement we've been waiting for?

Stat!

I just bought luongo and jagr, I'll tip you for Kane and ror when I'm done Florida

Sure. Just send me a PM when done and I can hop online.

How is this game? Last years was painfully devoid of features and the gameplay felt exactly the same as previous versions. Is '16 the improvement we've been waiting for?

Its a massive improvement over 15. Gameplay wise too.

Sure. Just send me a PM when done and I can hop online.

Its a massive improvement over 15. Gameplay wise too.

I wouldnt go that far Aces.

The game plays pretty similar to how it always has. There were minor improvements across the board to gameplay and most of the big issues from NHL15 were addressed.

Most of the worthwhile game modes from NHL14 are back except for online Be-A-GM mode. At the end of the day, if you didnt like NHL11-15 you prob arent going to like this either, its yet to take an real significant step up imho.

Stat!

I wouldnt go that far Aces.

The game plays pretty similar to how it always has. There were minor improvements across the board to gameplay and most of the big issues from NHL15 were addressed.

Most of the worthwhile game modes from NHL14 are back except for online Be-A-GM mode. At the end of the day, if you didnt like NHL11-15 you prob arent going to like this either, its yet to take an real significant step up imho.

Game play wise in terms of not being able to just go through the middle and dangle it has. And that you can't just burst and make the same breakaway move.

Be-A-Gm is back but problems still remain

Neil_J_UK

Ah, do TOTW or special player cards not usually increase in price? Whenever I take a break from FIFA UT I always invest my coins in cards no longer in packs and make a healthy profit when I start playing again.

Stat!

Ah, do TOTW or special player cards not usually increase in price? Whenever I take a break from FIFA UT I always invest my coins in cards no longer in packs and make a healthy profit when I start playing again.

That might be true. TOTW cards - its tough to say since players can get TOTW but they should hold their value/increase slightly. I think come November, the market may crash a bit since thats when movember cards release.

Just an advice, keep your cards a few more weeks and don't sell them right now. With the desync glitch out there and more people figuring out how to do it, it's just a matter of time until the market explodes. Anyone can basically have as much coins as he/she desires.

Just an advice, keep your cards a few more weeks and don't sell them right now. With the desync glitch out there and more people figuring out how to do it, it's just a matter of time until the market explodes. Anyone can basically have as much coins as he/she desires.

Hmmm?

Stat!

So what's the consensus? The game is on sale from Amazon today for $39.99, worth it?

Meh, it depends how much you play. To me, its more than worth it.

Before I sell them,

I have Evander Kane + ROR, Schneider, and the Vancouver boys if anyone needs them to complete a collection.

I know BigJonsson needs the Sedins.

I'd like to actually start playing with some GAF folk...playing drop-in is mostly disappointing, but sometimes the games can be good. I typically play LD simply because I'm not quite there in terms of being a skilled forward.

Cake Boss

Banned
Just did the Carolina and New Jersey collections

Pulled:
Marleau
Galchenyuk
Perron
Hornqvist

Now on to Florida.

I have Schneider willing to lend to someone who needs him.

Anyone got the Florida collection willing to lend, or Luongo or Jagr? Will tip.

X1.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but I'd suggest saving any packs that you earn starting today (which can be hard, trust me I know).

For the past two years, EA has released special cards starting November 1 called "Movember" cards. The only way to get them is in packs of cards (on via the auction, but they're very, very expensive).

Movember cards are essentially the best cards in the game. Here's why: Sidney Crosby's base card right now is 92. Let's say you're lucky enough to get a Crosby Movember card. It would also be 92. Now let's say that in a month Crosby gets a Player of the Game card which has 93 stats. Your Crosby Movember card suddenly jumps to 93 because of that. A few more months down the road Crosby gets an All Star card that's 95. Your Movember card jumps to 95. And it never goes down.

You can have up to 50 packs of cards on your account at once, so I'd suggest saving them now. EA hasn't actually announced that they're doing Movember this year, but they did do it the past two years running and the cards were quite popular.

As a side note, the market prices on player cards usually crashes during Movember as well, so it's a good time to do collections.

Stat!

Anyone got the Florida collection willing to lend, or Luongo or Jagr? Will tip.

X1.

I can get you the Florida guys if you want. As long as you tip.

I have the Sedins + Miller as well for Vancouver collection.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but I'd suggest saving any packs that you earn starting today (which can be hard, trust me I know).

As a side note, the market prices on player cards usually crashes during Movember as well, so it's a good time to do collections.

I had 28 collection packs that I was saving. Opened them all on Tuesday with all the POTG/HFC cards and I got literally nothing over 85. Not one guy made my team (Eberle was the best but he's only 1000 coins). Sigh.

I have about 10-11 collections left. Going to do the rest and save them I guess.

Stat!

I have Boston (Rask + Bergeron though I might get Krejci later) and Vancouver (sedins + miller) if anyone needs them

Anyone around that would like to join up for an EASHL club (as a tryout)? Primarily plays D, at least level 20 and has a mic. Let me know! Oh, this is for PS4.

Several gaffers and I play semi-regularly on PS4 and could use another person to help fill out the ranks. You are welcome to join us

Stop by the thread if ur interested. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1111865

The reason I didn't is that we have our own team and I didn't want to impose on you guys finding guys. I mean, we have 9 people on our team, but 2 of them are barely on and a couple others just show up from time to time. Very few regulars. We're a team that usually tries to play 4s and 5s (we try not to play goalies, since we surprisingly suck 6v6, but we are still in Div 1/2).

The reason I didn't is that we have our own team and I didn't want to impose on you guys finding guys. I mean, we have 9 people on our team, but 2 of them are barely on and a couple others just show up from time to time. Very few regulars. We're a team that usually tries to play 4s and 5s (we try not to play goalies, since we surprisingly suck 6v6, but we are still in Div 1/2).

Understood, I couldnt tell if you were recruiting or looking for a club by the way you worded your post. I apologize if my post came off in any way as me looking to snatch potential players from you, that was not at all my intention

We are kind of in a similar situation where we have a good number of people most who dont play often or at all anymore and only a few regulars

Hopefully you find that elusive dman you are looking for. Good luck with your club
except if you run into us :)

Error1355

I just recently picked this game up. Is there any logic on the player meetings during the Be a GM? I picked what I imagined would be a good response and it lowered his morale.

Is it different per player too? If so that is cool, but also frustrating that I'll prolly make people angry regardless. =P

Stat!

I just recently picked this game up. Is there any logic on the player meetings during the Be a GM? I picked what I imagined would be a good response and it lowered his morale.

Is it different per player too? If so that is cool, but also frustrating that I'll prolly make people angry regardless. =P

Apparently its different per player and what he says before hand.

That being said, I have found the second response to meetings to only give positive or neutral effects; never negative.

Ardenyal

Fuck this game and the ice tilt.

5v3 the whole game because all this guy does on defense is poke / stick lift spam. Constant breakaways because every loose puck goes to his guys and my goalie lets everything in.

Im done with this shit.

1337Sauce

Quick question as I haven't bought an NHL game in a couple years. Am I still able to play friendly matches against friends list buddies online? Usually me and my uncles like to play 2 v 2 or 3 v 1, just messing around in matches with only us playing.

Asking because they took this out of FIFA 15, and that was a huge bummer for us when we all bought the game and couldn't play casual matches against each other!

I am considering buying this as a last minute purchase in the sale.

Is it worth the money, 24$ with 20% off code, for someone who will only play it casually?

Stat!

Is it worth the money, 24$ with 20% off code, for someone who will only play it casually?

Yeah? I mean thats an open ended question. If you don't enjoy sports games, then probably not. If you enjoy NHL Games, NHL 16 is some of the best gameplay NHL has had in years. Modes are still lacklustre but for playing it casually, its fun.

Not even worth a dollar. Ice Tilt still in game and the penalty system is still MIA. You can go a full game where you get no power plays but the CPU can be on the power play a bunch of times.

Save your money and buy something else. Buy FIFA or MLB the show for a much better sports game (if you like soccer ard/or baseball).

Stat!

Not even worth a dollar. Ice Tilt still in game and the penalty system is still MIA. You can go a full game where you get no power plays but the CPU can be on the power play a bunch of times.

Save your money and buy something else. Buy FIFA or MLB the show for a much better sports game (if you like soccer ard/or baseball).

Ice Tilt has been confirmed time and time again that its not in the game. Not sure I believe it but at this point, the Devs are basically stuck because we remember all the BS times that we let in garbage goals in quick succession.

Also, adjust your sliders. Im on hardcore superstar and consistently get a 2-3 powerplays a game (and I usually get 0-1 penalties but you can ask the EASHL guys, I don't really take a ton of penalties there either).

Having put hundreds of hours into the NHL series from NHL 10-14, I skipped last year's version because they did not include EASHL.

So I was pretty damn excited to jump in to NHL 16.

And I am trading the game in today.

What a damn shame this game has turned into. Hockey is my favorite sport, and it's awful I can't play a decent representation of it.

This series needs a full refresh. Same dumb AI problems. Skating in slush. Ice tilt. The problems go on and on...

Yopis

Having put hundreds of hours into the NHL series from NHL 10-14, I skipped last year's version because they did not include EASHL.

So I was pretty damn excited to jump in to NHL 16.

And I am trading the game in today.

What a damn shame this game has turned into. Hockey is my favorite sport, and it's awful I can't play a decent representation of it.

This series needs a full refresh. Same dumb AI problems. Skating in slush. Ice tilt. The problems go on and on...

Just curious what is ice tilt?

Just curious what is ice tilt?

EA's way to screw you over. Officially, they deny it exists, but sometimes the game gives your opponent so many advantages that most people believe in it.

E.g. 3-4 times as much time on attack with twice as many (high quality) chances, but your players are not able to hit the empty net and you lose 0:1.

sladeums

here, someone can have a code for the PS4 Deluxe Edition content.
US/North American code :

i dont play so don't really get the whole HUT thing, but reading details sounds like a couple gold packs a week through 2/2 or something.
shrug

press quote to see code
be cool and let people know if you used it

Stat!

here, someone can have a code for the PS4 Deluxe Edition content.
US/North American code :

i dont play so don't really get the whole HUT thing, but reading details sounds like a couple gold packs a week through 2/2 or something.
shrug

press quote to see code
be cool and let people know if you used it

I redeemed it. Ty so much! Still play NHL pretty much every day with HUT in between.

mattxt08

Banned
i feel like there are 2 types of players. those that like to play a fun game of hockey, and those that know the ins and outs of this shitty engine and play keepaway. this game is trash, but its the only hockey game we have so im stuck with it.

i feel like there are 2 types of players. those that like to play a fun game of hockey, and those that know the ins and outs of this shitty engine and play keeypaway. this game is trash, but its the only hockey game we have so im stuck with it.

Yup. I do wish for an updated version of Blades of Steel though.

Thinking about picking this up, as it's on sale.

However, I read you can only do the 'sim to next shift' thing if you're doing 20 minute periods in Be a Pro. Is that true? Was it patched?

Stat!

Thinking about picking this up, as it's on sale.

However, I read you can only do the 'sim to next shift' thing if you're doing 20 minute periods in Be a Pro. Is that true? Was it patched?

You can only sim to next shift with 20 minute periods. In 5 minute periods, you can not sim to your next shift.

Top Bottom