• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Merguson

Banned
will we even have to protect murray? wouldnt he still be on an entry level contract. Cant remember when that contract ends

I believe it depends on how many seasons you played in a professional league (NHL/AHL). Players in the first or second professional season are exempt.

So Murray wouldn't be exempt by the 2017 expansion, if that happens.

Razorskin

----- ------
I believe it depends on how many seasons you played in a professional league (NHL/AHL). Players in the first or second professional season are exempt.

So Murray wouldn't be exempt by the 2017 expansion, if that happens.

Exactly, if he has good season next year an expansion team could look his way to solidify their goaltending for the long term. Probably riskier than some of the other goalies that'll be unprotected though.

I think the real threat of a goalie getting poached is Andersen if Anaheim protects Gibson.

zroid

Banned
Lol Morrow

eh I would have preferred Detroit to miss the playoffs but Boston pulling off a second consecutive late season collapse is pretty great too

Entropia

No One Remembers
Canes eliminated from playoff contention last night :((((((((

I will say I am 100% happy with how the season went. Would've been nice if we made the playoffs, but considering like EVERYONE said we'd be last in the Metro division, and close to last in the conference and league.. we exceeded those expectations.

Syrinx

Canes eliminated from playoff contention last night :((((((((

I will say I am 100% happy with how the season went. Would've been nice if we made the playoffs, but considering like EVERYONE said we'd be last in the Metro division, and close to last in the conference and league.. we exceeded those expectations.
I can't say 100% happy in a year where we didn't make the playoffs (and our OT losses kinda inflated our points total too). Still the best I've felt about the team going forward since I started following them a few years ago.

Offseason will be interesting. Deep in young defensemen, loaded with draft picks, and tons of cap space. Wonder how Ronnie leverages that..

Entropia

No One Remembers
I can't say 100% happy in a year where we didn't make the playoffs (and our OT losses kinda inflated our points total too). Still the best I've felt about the team going forward since I started following them a few years ago.

Offseason will be interesting. Deep in young defensemen, loaded with draft picks, and tons of cap space. Wonder how Ronnie leverages that..

The other to look at those, is nearly all of those extra points left on the table, we'd probably be in playoff contention still. ;(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bruins being the team that drives to 9th this year is a good consolation prize for not making the playoffs

Yawnier

Banned
Seeing the broons miss the playoffs after they traded away those picks for rentals and didn't trade Eriksson will be pretty funny tbh

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dude, we're going to have Julien next year.
That is probably the best case scenario right now tbh

Seeing the broons miss the playoffs after they traded away those picks for rentals and didn't trade Eriksson will be pretty funny tbh
There's a gif for that.....

tVBA15y.gif

Top Bottom