• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

zroid

Banned
Hopefully Babs actually will play him sometimes and he doesn't completely rot away in the press box

I'm all for literally anyone getting minutes instead of Polak so yes

Maybe the fact he was picked up from Detroit means Babs actually likes him

sirronoh

Went to the Devs vs Flames game last night. First period was a let down but Devs came through in the second. They have to learn how to hold a lead though. Overtime was exciting until the end...

Going to the Sabres game on Monday for our annual team outting and then the Avs the week after. I expect the Devs to get 4 points out of those games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Desharnais a healthy scratch? That's kind of a big deal and pretty surprising.

Cactus

Banned
Has Ribeiro been that bad this year?! Kind of shocked he wasn't claimed...

Also, cya Frankie. Legit hope he gets claimed by a team that will play him.

Zroid Corrado now has so much more time, hence the increased posting

Hopefully Frankie gets picked up and gets a fair shot. Terrible how he was treated here.

T8SC

Gold Member
Living in the UK, it's hard to watch live NHL games, time difference being one obstacle but the fact for many years there was no broadcasters showing it.

Now that I can finally follow it again, I can see that the Avalanche are literally the worst team in the entire NHL. When I used to watch regularly back in 2000-2004, the Avalanche were a great team. What happened to them? To draw a comparison, it'd be like Manchester United or Arsenal becoming a relegation contender in the EPL.

Also other good teams back then seem to have dropped well off the pace, namely the Red Wings & Stars.

I guess it's good for things to change regularly unlike the EPL which always has the same top 5 every year.

I support the Flyers so at least they are a mid-table team and haven't dropped as far as the Avalanche etc.

Weevilone

Now that I can finally follow it again, I can see that the Avalanche are literally the worst team in the entire NHL. When I used to watch regularly back in 2000-2004, the Avalanche were a great team. What happened to them? To draw a comparison, it'd be like Manchester United or Arsenal becoming a relegation contender in the EPL.

The salary cap makes it tough to sustain long term success at the elite level. The Blues came close last year, and in a non-cap era they'd be trotting out a tweaked version of that team again this year. Due to cap realities, they lose key pieces and therefore a lot of leadership and identity.

Lots of skill and luck at the GM/ownership level required to keep the machine going.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Josi off of IR, Ribeiro officially sent down.

Preds have all of their D-men available for the first time since like opening night.

Red_Man

Team just doesn't look right, right now and I don't know why. AGally doesn't look like himself either, maybe just needs more time.

T8SC

Gold Member
They Roy'd where they should've corsi'd.

The salary cap makes it tough to sustain long term success at the elite level. The Blues came close last year, and in a non-cap era they'd be trotting out a tweaked version of that team again this year. Due to cap realities, they lose key pieces and therefore a lot of leadership and identity.

Lots of skill and luck at the GM/ownership level required to keep the machine going.

Thanks for the info guys.

Great to be able to watch & follow it again. Wish it was "bigger" though (Like NFL/NBA) so I could watch more games/highlights over here. The main UK broadcasters seem to forget about NHL. :(

PillarEN

Thanks for the info guys.

Great to be able to watch & follow it again. Wish it was "bigger" though (Like NFL/NBA) so I could watch more games/highlights over here. The main UK broadcasters seem to forget about NHL. :(

I remember when ESPN America was a thing. And since that ended like 3, 4 years ago it really hurt availability of North American sports if your respective country didn't go out of its way to obtain it. Like for example in the Czech Republic there is no way to watch the MLB. No channel is interested in carrying it. ESPN America used to have tons of baseball. ESPN are losers.

calder

Every time Stuart and postma are on the ice same time as the fourth line it's like Maurice is spitting in my face.

Also guaranteed goal against

Red_Man

Probably the most frustrating game of the season, they didn't show up until the last 10 minutes and that was the worst reffing I've seen all season, what a gong show.

That was a terrible call imo.
I agree, but Shaw has a target on his back now and needs to watch everything he does.

calder

Pickard is bad and handles every shot like it's on fire. Going to be deeply shameful if we lose to this team... again.

Pickard is bad and handles every shot like it's on fire. Going to be deeply shameful if we lose to this team... again.

won't happen. Laine is way overdue for a hat trick, i got a feeling it will happen in the 3rd period. he'll be invisible for a little longer now but just keep watching..

Top Bottom