• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

CCF23

These amnesty buyouts are a fantastic idea. Does that mean Luongo and Ballard could get bought out?

Läck call up then Edler signing?

Luongo won't be bought out. He has trade value. He's still a very useful player.

So, when would the season begin? 14th? 15th!

Speculation is 15th if they go a 50 game season or 19th if they go 48.

Well, ain't this wonderful news to wake up to on a Sunday morning!

I predict the Jackets will finish close to .500 and potentially fight for the 8th seed. We'll be quite active around the trade deadline, too. Cam Atkinson, Umberger, and Dubinsky will fill in nicely for what Rick Nash took with him. Bobrovsky won't be to much better than Mason was but at least he's more approachable. Hopefully I'm going to be able to make it to a Jackets-Wings game this year.

Bye Gomez. See you Redden. So long Ballard? I don't know about that one. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Komisarek.

The Leafs C situation is pretty dire but you're forgetting about Grabovski. He's a damn good 2nd line centre and he's way better than Bozak or Kadri.

Do you really think Bourque is that bad that he is worth a buyout?

i dont know if gomez is the best buyout option. for a team like the canadians (who have a ton of shitty contracts) would it be better to wait out the extra year for his contract to expire and buyout bourque and kaberle instead. i dont think bourque is a horrible players but his contract is too long and for too much

Razorskin

----- ------
i dont know if gomez is the best buyout option. for a team like the canadians (who have a ton of shitty contracts) would it be better to wait out the extra year for his contract to expire and buyout bourque and kaberle instead. i dont think bourque is a horrible players but his contract is too long and for too much

This is a good plan, all I know is that, we have enough shit contracts to use up those two buyouts easily.

any good free agents next summer?

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2013&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2

Perry and Getzlaf

purg3

slept with Malkin
LET'S DO THIS

K4zG4.jpg

I don't even fucking remember who's playing for which teams now. I know Nash is with the Rangers and Parise/Suter are with the Wild, but the free agency period seems so long ago that I can't recall any of the other significant moves.

Anaheim: Sheldon Souray, Bryan Allen, Brad Staubitz, Daniel Winnik
Boston: Aaron Johnson, Chrise Bourque
Buffalo: Kevin Porter, Steve Ott, Adam Pardy, John Scott
Calgary: Jiri Hudler, Dennis Wideman, Roman Cervanka, Sven Baertschi
Carolina: Alex Semin, Jordan Staal
Chicago: Sheldon Brookbank
Colorado: PA Parenteau, John Mitchell, Greg Zanon,
Columbus: Adrian Aucoin, Nick Foligno, Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Mark Letestu
Dallas: Ray Whitney, Jaromir Jagr, Derek Roy
Detroit: Jonas Gustavsson, Carlo Colaiacovo
Edmonton: Justin Schultz, Yakupov
Florida: Peter Mueller, Based Huberdeau, George Parros, Filip Kuba
Los Angeles: Stanley Cup
Minnesota: Zach Parise, Ryan Suter
Montreal: Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, Brandon Prust
Nashville: Chris Mason
New Jersey: Bobby Butler
N.Y. Islanders: Matt Carkner
N.Y. Rangers: Rick Nash, Jeff Halpern
Ottawa: Guillaume Latendresse, Marc Methot
Philadelphia: Bruno Gervais
Phoenix: Steve Sullivan, Zbynek Michalek
Pittsburgh: Brandon Sutter
Tampa Bay: Kyle Wilson
Toronto: Keith Aucoin, JVR, Mark Fraser, Michael Kostka
San Jose: ?
St. Louis: Tarasenko
Vancouver: Jason Garrison, Derek Joslin
Washington: Joey Crabb, Mike Ribeiro, Wojtek Wolski, Jack Hillen
Winnipeg: Olli Jokinen, Al Montoya

If anybody wants to add anything, feel free D:

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Hey, go Wild. Probably won't make the playoffs this year, but they got a lot of prospects.

And I know it's the Oilers, but I'd be surprised if Edmonton didn't make the playoffs in this shortened season. The young legs will help them a lot in this 3-4 games a week grind.

Razorskin

----- ------
Hey, go Wild. Probably won't make the playoffs this year, but they got a lot of prospects.

The Wild are the team I'll be watching closely after acquiring Suter and Parise.

That's a great list, missing that shithead Prust though, and bouillon

only players i wouldnt touch are maxpac, price, subban and gorges. i would like to see markov retire a hab though. the rest can be bought out or traded.

This is sorta how I feel. Still hoping Eller breaks out :lol

CREMSteve

Boston: Aaron Johnson
Calgary: Jiri Hudler
Columbus: Adrian Aucoin, Nick Foligno, Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Mark Letestu

Flames also added Wideman and Cervenka. Baertschi will be on the roster now, too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
TPT0F.gif

Now I'm going to be stressed out again watching the Wings either surprise me or go down in a fiery wreck because of our D.

I find it irritating how badly Detroit failed in improving the D. Just awful.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Boston: Aaron Johnson
Calgary: Jiri Hudler

Weird wild stuff

I remember most of these now. Thanks for the memory refresh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anyone need any bottom 6 forwards?

Filppula - Datsyuk - Samuelsson
Franzén - Zetterberg - Brunner
Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary
Miller - Abby - Tootoo
Mursak - Emmerton - Eaves
Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar

If Nyquist isn't up full time this year I'll start a "Fire Babcock" campaign. The guy is good enough now.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Wild are the team I'll be watching closely after acquiring Suter and Parise.

I think they're still going to have a lot of trouble generating offense. This year is mostly about Granlund's development and another year of waiting for guys like Coyle.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is anyone else not as excited for the NHL being back?

Like sure I'm happy to see it back but I'm not that hyped for it. I'm sort of indifferent.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Like sure I'm happy to see it back but I'm not that hyped for it. I'm sort of indifferent.

Listen hater

If you don't start snorting that leafs hopium.. I... I will do nothing but let you wallow in your self pity!

Columbus: Dubinsky, Asimov

Don't know if those warrant a listing. Those were two of the "big" pieces we got for Nash from the Rangers.

So... what's the cap ceiling for this year? I'm reading on TSN that "the upper limit on the salary cap in the first year is $60 million, but teams can spend up to $70.2 million," which... uhh... seems contradictory.

Beez

Banned
Oh yay!!! I'm so excited that hockey is coming back!!! My dad says I'm really stupid for getting behind this "farce of a season" but I don't care what he says!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

CCF23

So... what's the cap ceiling for this year? I'm reading on TSN that "the upper limit on the salary cap in the first year is $60 million, but teams can spend up to $70.2 million," which... uhh... seems contradictory.

Essentially 70.2 is the number you'll care about because it's what teams can spend. Will go to 64.3 next season.

I am not excited at all. This lockout really turned me off to the players and the Flyers are going to be absolutely horrible so it is hard to get to excited.

FOOTE

Biggest addition for the Blues is Tarasenko. Woywitka is also back.. I think that's all the Blues did besides ridding themselves of Colaiacovo and Huskins.

Top Bottom