• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

calder

Still mad at Pavs. So bad.

But oh well.

burtonjetsi6p1c.jpg

Jets win!

kanesr6apxi.gif

Jets barely win!

mo_ohyeah4yudw.jpg

Who wants another glass? Jets win!

Socreges

Banned
Ferraro said it wasn't a double minor. He said the rules have changed and that the delayed penalty sticks regardless if you score or not.

Two questions then.

When was this changed?
Why wasn't it a double minor?
Ferraro was wrong:

15.2 Calling a Minor Penalty – Goal Scored - If the penalty to be imposed is a minor penalty and a goal is scored on the play by the non-offending side, the minor penalty shall not be imposed but major and match penalties shall be imposed in the normal manner regardless of whether or not a goal is scored.

If two or more minor penalties were to be imposed and a goal is scored on the play by the non-offending side, the Captain of the offending team shall designate to the Referee which minor penalty(ies) will be assessed and which minor penalty will be washed out as a result of the scoring of the goal.
There was blood. He had a bloody towel held against his face on the bench.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That makes sense, but I don't know where Ferrao pulled that from. He's usually on point with hockey ops.

calder

Ferraro was wrong:

There was blood. He had a bloody towel held against his face on the bench.

He wasn't wrong really I think he was just a little unclear, he was correcting Gord who said it was a double minor, I think Ferraro wanted to make it clear it wasn't going to be a double minor now but just a single.
EDIT: Gord said "there's going to be a double minor" which wasn't right.

I still can't believe Wheeler couldn't get the puck on that empty net.

Socreges

Banned
He wasn't wrong really I think he was just a little unclear, he was correcting Gord who said it was a double minor, I think Ferraro wanted to make it clear it wasn't going to be a double minor now but just a single.
Ah. Good. Faith in Ferraro restored.

Red_Man

EDIT: Gord said "there's going to be a double minor" which wasn't right.
Ah, that makes sense.

WHERE'S TABRIS.
Who cares.

Red_Man

Anyone see Riddick? Any good? I loved Pitch Black, but hated the Chronicles of Riddick.

calder

Anyone see Riddick? Any good? I loved Pitch Black, but hated the Chronicles of Riddick.

That's the perfect attitude for it. I really liked it, a much improved sequel to Chronicles but beyond that kinda low bar it stands up very well to Pitch Black. The only real negative I can imagine for fans of PB would be that it swings back maybe a bit TOO much to what worked in the original movie, to the point that at parts you could imagine it being a remake.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's the perfect attitude for it. I really liked it, a much improved sequel to Chronicles but beyond that kinda low bar it stands up very well to Pitch Black. The only real negative I can imagine for fans of PB would be that it swings back maybe a bit TOO much to what worked in the original movie, to the point that at parts you could imagine it being a remake.

It's pretty good. Much closer in tone to PB than Chronicles.

damn, now I have to watch it. I felt the same way as Red.

Red_Man

It's pretty good. Much closer in tone to PB than Chronicles.

Sounds good, I didn't want to bother with it if it was just like CoR. I haven't watched Pitch Black in forever so it shouldn't bother me too much if it has moments that are really similar.

Yes, it's good. Really good if you enjoyed Pitch Black.

It's weird to say, given that it's a sci-fi action-thriller with horror elements, but the acting is... pretty solid.

edit: And it manages to pay homage to Pitch Black and Chronicles - I was expecting it to shit all over the latter.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CALLY WATCH 2014:

Callahan says it was news to him that the Rangers have granted other teams permission to speak to his agent and that his heart is with the Rangers. AV says he's a big fan of Callahan and that he hopes that things get sorted out for him to stay. The Rangers have offered him 5 years at 30+ million, Cally wants 7 years at 42+.

The Rangers want everything settled with Callahan, one way or another, before the Olympic freeze.

Are you alive, Crazed?

I was at drop-in but they had it on the TV, most I saw was end of the 2nd period and Danny's goal. Not surprised to see they blew it with 7 seconds left, more surprised it went 7 rounds with no goals in the shootout and we won it off of Eaves. With that said...

7th - Montreal
8th - Detroit
---------
9th - Columbus
10th - Ottawa
11th - Philly

hehehehe

Also probably in the minority, but I liked Chronicles better than Pitch Black and the new one, though all three I enjoyed.

pringles

I was at drop-in but they had it on the TV, most I saw was end of the 2nd period and Danny's goal. Not surprised to see they blew it with 7 seconds left, more surprised it went 7 rounds with no goals in the shootout and we won it off of Eaves. With that said...

7th - Montreal
8th - Detroit
---------
9th - Columbus
10th - Ottawa
11th - Philly

hehehehe

Also probably in the minority, but I liked Chronicles better than Pitch Black and the new one, though all three I enjoyed.
Looks like Godfredsson made the right choice after all!

...we need a regulation win someday soon. All these shootouts will kill us, either because we lose too many or don't have enough ROW. Looks like we outshot them by a lot and they tied it with seconds left, so a typical Red Wings choke. But 2 points is 2 points. Need to beat them on Sunday too for it to matter though.

Meanwhile, Samuelsson played his first game for the Griffins tonight. -2 and 0 points. What a loser.

Quick

Banned
have at it, don't think anybody has mentioned anything

Cool. Gives me a break from doing actual work. :lol

Oh btw, I got the toque - I'm pretty sure its legit and I haven't been charged anything extra yet so good find :D

Same, got mine today. I didn't follow up on my post about Canada Post charging extra - it was actually UPS that did that, not Canada Post. Whoops.

The toque looks small on me. It fits, but I expected it to be bigger.

Top Bottom