• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Foggy

Feels warmer, safer in here

Foggy!!! *shakes fist*

stats are stats

200w.gif

still pretty new to the whole analytics thing in terms of learning where to get data from, who's reliable and such (all I know is... not NHL.com lmao) but these guys are going to be tracking forechecking data this season which could give some interesting insights in what tactics can force what situations.

https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/10/31/introducing-the-2016-2017-forechecking-project/

Not sure if this has been done anywhere else? I haven't seen anything from a quick Google outside of more qualitative stuff

Samyy

Frankie's in!
Fucking hell babs, taking Griffith out and putting in Sosh fuck
I'd like to see Sosh-Holland-Griffith or some other variation that doesn't involve fucking Matt Martin and Ben Smith.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey, it's November now, which means the Leafs no longer have top waiver priority. That honor now goes to the Yotes. AROOOOOOOOOOOOO

Merguson

Banned
Frankie's in!
Fucking hell babs, taking Griffith out and putting in Sosh fuck
I'd like to see Sosh-Holland-Griffith or some other variation that doesn't involve fucking Matt Martin and Ben Smith.

Frank Corrado is not free. False alarm!

Friedman on Habs looking for a Defenceman
Two years ago, looking to upgrade his blue line, Montreal GM Marc Bergevin traded for Sergei Gonchar in early November. He’s looking again, even before Mikhail Sergachev was sent back to junior. According to a couple of executives, the problem is while there are some available, they aren’t really top four guys — since Anaheim is determined to keep Cam Fowler and Winnipeg’s asking a huge price for Jacob Trouba. So, teams aren’t certain what’s out there is an upgrade.

I guess we have to wait at the trade deadline for this one

Maybe we can finally trick a GM into trading for Emelin

calder

I wonder if Winnipeg's going to hold out on Trouba until Dec 1st and wait until he cracks.

Probably, and he probably will.

That being said, as McKenzie and Dreger have alluded to in the past the expectation from a few GMs who've sniffed around is that at this point Trouba's "roster/usage concerns" coincidentally extend to all the Canadian cities. I mean, teams.

zroid

Banned
Apparently the Canucks are sponsoring this year's Vancouver Hockey Analytics Conference. That's pretty sweet! They're volunteering Rogers Arena for the event.

Solo

Matthews has 66% of his goals in his first game. He's played another 8 since then.

Bust. Nylander is the true star.

So, according to Rogers:

Leafs v Jets - EPIC RIVALRY
Oilers v Leafs - THE GAME LEAFS FANS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR, EPICLY

Chris R

Avs gonna win tonight, I can feel it in my bones.

They didn't look terrible at certain points against the Arrrooooooooos Saturday, but then again they were playing the Arrrooooooooos :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
Canes Claimed Martin Frk from waivers (DET) at the start of the season
Canes place Martin Frk on waivers yesterday
Detroit claims Martin Frk from waivers today

zroid

Banned
Mike.

Listen to me, Mike.

Frankie Corrado. Good Toronna kid.

Right hand shot.

PUT HIM IN THE LINEUP