• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bruins are done. Commence the tank.

Korgill

Did you know that the Golden Knights are having their best season ever?
I heard this "joke" at least 50 times today at work. Is it too early to start hating their fans?

I heard this "joke" at least 50 times today at work. Is it too early to start hating their fans?

Wait till Neal breaks character and reverts back to being a shit head. If they defend him, that's when you start hating them.

Ondor

Banned
Not surprised. Bringing in Gallant over the off-season was a great move by front office. I think the new system he's bringing will really turn the team around.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Wow that was a nasty game for so early in the season.

Brown must have really hated Sutter, he is a completely different player this year.

Pikma

Banned
I wasn't feeling so well earlier so couldn't properly shit on the future stanley cup winners Toronto Maple Leafs so please let's pretend it's 7:30PM:

what a damn shredding

Andersen stole a point....

Oh wait no he didn't

dWm5HKuKjZTO.gif

CoarseEvenAmericanindianhorse-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

Also

QUACK

giphy.gif

_VSh9x3mYEOtI4jflSOMTeIugXXNk0G98mEjc_oANHv-ThYmb-R6G-F9vKXSJ7rlFBzxH4An7b-JHF9hQ3BIfYmonVV_DuVOEhvOxeRHsCPmWKOWqh6n5Dxg4p7mmBQ_rHAxd-DerM1q=w500-h281-nc

And finally

4aAPuv88Q03lTjPIiGm-hJiaspKiVT3INPHVkCo0APUxThvj_eoqIXUV8tjafclGZwhG0_uUMR9Bf0uc=w515-h286-nc

Solo

Seriously though.....am I crazy, but is the best solution to getting an offensive player who sucks on defense going maybe......just maybe, NOT to put him on the fucking 4th line whose duties are DEFENSE?!

I dunno, maybe Lord Clode sees something I don't. Lord knows that 4th line demotion in the playoffs really lit a fire under him. Oh, wait.

Just trade him. He's been my favorite Hab since he was drafted but just trade him. It's best for him to get a fresh start (even though we'll get fleeced hard when another team magically puts him in a position to succeed and he does), and putting him at 4th line LW probably hurts the team more than helps it. Or, maybe, just maybe....separate the chemistry-less Drouin and Pacioretty. Give Patches back his buddy Danault, and put AGally and Drouin together. I think a line of Drouin-AGally (yes that's right, back to centre)-Lehkonen could be dynamite. But hey, what do I know.....

Seriously though.....am I crazy, but is the best solution to getting an offensive player who sucks on defense going maybe......just maybe, NOT to put him on the fucking 4th line whose duties are DEFENSE?!

I dunno, maybe Lord Clode sees something I don't. Lord knows that 4th line demotion in the playoffs really lit a fire under him. Oh, wait.

It seems like a very common thing in the league to do with young players who need to improve their defensive game.

The strange part is how Galch - who is obviously talented - either can't or won't improve.

Solo

It seems like a very common thing in the league to do with young players who need to improve their defensive game.

The strange part is how Galch - who is obviously talented - either can't or won't improve.

I just think Galchenyuk has deficiencies in his game that aren't going away (defense lol). So, you're faced with 2 options:

1. Live with it, give him a defensively responsible winger, and try to utilize him purely in offensive situations.
2. Trade him.

But because we're in Stupidtown, Population: Montreal Canadiens, we've invented another option:

3. Throw him on the 4th line to try to beat the defense into him and the confidence out of him for good, all the while reducing his trade value to next to nothing

It's not like Galchenyuk is the first defensively-putrid, purely offensive player in NHL history.

Solo

Like, is anyone going to be surprised when AGally goes pointless for another 4 games playing with Mitchell and the ghost of Hemsky's past while playing 10 minutes a game on the 4th line?

imBask

Banned
again you're saying that like he didn't get his chance

he started pre-season on the 2nd line, ended up on the 3rd, now he's on the 4th. He's not a rookie, he's getting what he deserves for the effort he puts out. It's not gonna help him, but we're 5 years past the "help" point

Solo

Then its time to trade him for a bag of peanuts. Simple as that.

Send him to Colorado and let him reunite with Yak.

Alucard

Banned
Story on the Score is just blaming good ol' puck luck for the lack of Habs scoring.

They're okay, guys. You can Bergevin and chill.

Solo

Habs should try to trade for Neal if they intend to make any kind of an attempt to make the playoffs this year. Unless he intends to sign in Vegas he's gone by February anyway. And him being a shithead doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Habs should try to trade for Neal if they intend to make any kind of an attempt to make the playoffs this year. Unless he intends to sign in Vegas he's gone by February anyway. And him being a shithead doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Neal for a couple of picks?

Cake Boss

Banned
again you're saying that like he didn't get his chance

he started pre-season on the 2nd line, ended up on the 3rd, now he's on the 4th. He's not a rookie, he's getting what he deserves for the effort he puts out. It's not gonna help him, but we're 5 years past the "help" point

I am a neutral party here, but you act like no one else is struggling to score on the team except for him. The team can't score and it seems like he's the only that gets punished for it. Casperetty doesn't get demoted, neither does Pleccsex, BGally, Drouin,Lekonen etc. The dude just seems to get singled out, probably for a good cause because he isn't producing, but don't pretend everyone else on the team is.

Top Bottom