• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Can't believe we are only a few short days away from the Wild opening the biggest and most unexpected can of whoopass this league has ever seen.

What's fucked is that at this rate the best most of us fans can hope for is that the idiots on our respective teams refrain from saying anything. I'm pretty sure if MacKinnon opened up his mouth and this type of shit fell out I'd have to turn in my avs fan club card.

Everything really sucks shit these days.

PillarEN

Over/under on Justin Abdelkader voting for Trump.

Oh wait, that was last year. I'm pretty sure the answer was over.

Pikma

Banned
What's fucked is that at this rate the best most of us fans can hope for is that the idiots on our respective teams refrain from saying anything. I'm pretty sure if MacKinnon opened up his mouth and this type of shit fell out I'd have to turn in my avs fan club card.

Yeah I wouldn't expect anything bette from guys like Benn and Seguin, sadly

It's so frustrating for me

Quick

Banned

Well said. It’s sad to think that players of the game we love are fucking idiots.

Very frustrating, especially as a minority.

Jeff6851

Tigers getting the first pick in 2018, Red Wings expected to in the top 5 of the Entry Draft and Lions looking like playoff contenders. It sure ain't 2011 anymore.

It's amazing that after nearly 10 years those 2008 contracts are still killing us.

Quick

Banned
It's becoming the Nationalist Hockey League.

giphy.gif

When the idiots are the owners tho :/....

Pikma

Banned
The worst part is that despite knowing it's the only Trump supporting sports league, at least publicly, I can't fucking quit it. Hockey season is what holds me together for 6 months* a year

it'd be more but my team never makes the playoffs🤷🏻

Cat Party

How much more effort is NHL fantasy over NFL fantasy? Like how does it work since there isn't a "week" format where every team plays an equal amount of games in one week. I like that in NFL fantasy I need to put in minimal effort so it stays fun and not feel like work.

Way more work. I quit fantasy hockey a long time ago because of the constant lineup shuffling. You can run 3 fantasy football leagues and still put in less work than one fantasy hockey team.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What do the pens need another centre for?

The more Cs you have, the better your faceoffs should be and gives you backups in any faceoff toss. Also NHL Cs are typically 2-way, so better defensive coverage.

It has the added benefit of matchup hell. You have 3 dangerous Cs and all of a sudden someone is getting low QoC and they can exploit the fuck out of it.

Where you seeing that? if true that be a huge steal for the Pens considering they have no faith in Pouliot and he has little value

Bruins writer dude

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/status/914513895624253441

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
RIP Dave Strader :(

Here's the problem with all of these scenarios that seem too good to be true: No GM in this league would turn down Duchene for Pouliot and a first. Which means of course that if there even is any weight to what this guy heard, there was more involved with the deal that made it fall through.

Just the same as some dude on Montreal radio (according to bask) saying the Avs turned down PK Subban for Duchene, a deal that is hugely lopsided isn't going to get turned down by the winner of the deal in any scenario.

Ondor

Banned
The more Cs you have, the better your faceoffs should be and gives you backups in any faceoff toss. Also NHL Cs are typically 2-way, so better defensive coverage.

It has the added benefit of matchup hell. You have 3 dangerous Cs and all of a sudden someone is getting low QoC and they can exploit the fuck out of it.
I know why you'd want more centres but why would the pens want more centres and pay a premium for a guy like Duchene? Pens have some of the best centre-depth in the league.

My bad, I'm not commenting on the rumored ask. I'm saying in general, Sakic wants a premium and I don't know why the pens would entertain it.

I wouldn't be stunned at all if Sakic has had a ton of lowball offers, something like ohhh say Pouliot and a first, from teams who are only interested if they can arrange a fleecing. Pens would be on that list in my opinion. Not willing to entertain anything that they aren't clearly screwing the Avs over in.

Ondor

Banned
I wouldn't be stunned at all if Sakic has had a ton of lowball offers, something like ohhh say Pouliot and a first, from teams who are only interested if they can arrange a fleecing. Pens would be on that list in my opinion. Not willing to entertain anything that they aren't clearly screwing the Avs over in.
Ahh, that would make far more sense. Out of curiosity, what would you consider fair value for Duchene?

Top Bottom