• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Stasis

Dat Staal-DeAngelo pairing.

That giveaway was beautiful. Have a feeling we see Pionk or Holden soon enough.

But Staal-Holden gives me nightmares. They're gonna split shit up and we'll end up with something like:

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Holden
Staal - Smith

Aren't we?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I like that we're consistently getting to the crease. An important thing frequently missing from our game too often under AV.

Stasis

It starts...

I'm no fan of DoucheAngelo's personality/views, but I like his speed and offensive ability. Problem is we have Shatty now. Less need for him if he's giving it up and not creating offense. But then he's with Staal, too. So it's just a nice mix of "eh".

But we do have Holden, Graves, and Pionk who I think can all handle 3rd pairing minutes in the NHL. Or at least get a shot.

edit: And Bereglazov. Even if unimpressive in camp, he's certainly proven he CAN be something pretty good. So, we FINALLY have some defensive depth to play with.

RedRum

Banned
I'm no fan of DoucheAngelo's personality/views, but I like his speed and offensive ability. Problem is we have Shatty now. Less need for him if he's giving it up and not creating offense. But then he's with Staal, too. So it's just a nice mix of "eh".

But we do have Holden, Graves, and Pionk who I think can all handle 3rd pairing minutes in the NHL. Or at least get a shot.

edit: And Bereglazov. Even if unimpressive in camp, he's certainly proven he CAN be something pretty good. So, we FINALLY have some defensive depth to play with.

I haven't seen enough of him to make a huge judgement. He looked good a few days ago. However, pairing him with Staal to me is asking for all kinds of trouble.

Stasis

Vintage Hank. Please stay, we need you.

I haven't seen enough of him to make a huge judgement. He looked good a few days ago. However, pairing him with Staal to me is asking for all kinds of trouble.

Same, but so far it's been some bad giveaways and no offense created really. Looked good on a PP I saw and has some nice passing ability and skating, though. We'll see.

RedRum

Banned
Vintage Hank. Please stay, we need you.

Same, but so far it's been some bad giveaways and no offense created really. Looked good on a PP I saw and has some nice passing ability and skating, though. We'll see.

Love Shatty helping back too.

Stasis

Love Shatty helping back too.

Shatty is definitely what we needed. He may not be considered a top pairing D-man for many teams in the league, but for us, compared to what we HAD... he fucking is. And he brings SO MUCH of what we needed from back there.

People love to shit on us for being happy with him up there with McD and I get it but fuck, we had GIRARDI there.

Stasis

I was being serious earlier about wanting to keep the Leafs to single digits.

I was serious about us losing tonight, too. Still having defensive woes and Hank looks shaky despite some great saves. Not consistent.

And Leafs offense is ridiculous. Fun to watch, even when it's against us =/

imBask

Banned
8879fa45f14ca8e2e6499906dff040dbded9c3d7_hq.gif

Top Bottom