• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Sucks that the Sharks couldn't have a perfect road trip but 5 wins in a row was definitely a step in the right direction.

Marvie_3

Banned
fallout said:
I'm liking this Wellwood kid. Anyone ever heard of him?
Isn't he the object they found out in space that necessitated the "dwarf planet classification?

Kane actually shooting? What the hell is going on?

calder

Shocked that counted. <3 Kane.

I gotta be honest, ot feels like a win already, but since we're playing with house money may as well go all the way!

calder

fallout said:
Calder: What the hell was up with that nausea-inducing camera angle? Did the other camera break?
I assumed the fan was on his feet and they needed to go to a different angle.

No idea how jets will do in shoot out lol. Stapleton... not so good

fallout

Jets had no business winning that game after giving it up, but I'll take the win. I'd like to hear the official wording from the league on that goal call.

Also: Put Wellwood in every shootout if he's gonna pull shit out like that. Damn.

calder

Yeah, to sum up Wellwood starts every SO, Stapleton not so much lol. Tho that leg kick was hilarious.

I'd say Panthers tying goal was so fluky Jets getting a break was a wash

Erdrick

Whew. I can rest. I figured the Jets would give it up as they tend to do each 3rd period. But hell, a win is a win, and in this state, we need all we can take. I second that odd camera angle near the end there. It's like it went to like 30fps for a bit before they went to another worse angle to fix it or something.

I gotta say, as much as I ragged on Wellwood and Antropov, they certainly have shut me the hell up in regards to complaints about them. Been some of our best players thus far, aside from Pavelic who has been essentially stellar. As said above, Wellwood has played very SMART in the games thus far.

I hope Enstrom is ok. I'm glad Buflygien and Ladd went after Skille after that hit on him. Gotta stand up for your teammates. Bring on the Islanders on Thursday. I'd say we have a good chance against them, much like these past 2 games. Not so bad on this long road trip, boys. Keep it up.

Hell, even Oduya was not as horrific this night. Still gave it away, but not so much. So, decent by his low standards that I hold him to these days. Slater, Glass and Thorburn have also been a really effective line for us... Good job.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
these passing lanes the preds are leaving wide open should make some good game film at least. yeesh

Socreges

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Stapleton? Wellwood? Antropov?

Sheesh, did you guys get all our players?
Wellwood? Glass? Rypien (RIP)?

All our players!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jets have a handful of former Devils, no?

Acid08 said:
Good player despite his undeserved reputation. He's crafty with the puck and makes good plays, lots of hockey sense.

you forgot to mention that he falls down when you blow into his face despite all the cheeseburgers he eats in the offseason.

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
Crawford with another huge breakaway save

Crawfish.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom