• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Spire said:
Does a fight right off the puck drop for no reason ever get anyone fired up?
A purported scientific, evidence-based study concluded that the team that won the opening fight went on to win 98% of the games.

The study was conducted by Dr. Bruce Wayne Gretzky.

Filth

sazabirules said:
Why was Avery left in the minors until now? Dispute with management?

Torts said and I quote " their was just better players then him " but now since rupp has a bad knee injury Avery can fill his role. But everyone in ny knows torts hates Avery but it's been proven that they win more when he's in the lineup. The last 2 games they have chanted " we want Avery " huge fan favorite.

(Mike Rupp's knee injury) has a lot to do with this. We are concerned about that. We have to be careful with that, and I'm not sure what's going to happen. This is the right hockey decision now, and it was the right hockey decision when we sent Sean down.
— John Tortorella

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MPW said:
no gomez

3 game winning streak

hmmm ....
With Eller and DD playing fine lately it'll be interesting to see what happens, if he takes DDs spot and blows like usual I don't see him stickig around for very long.

stay gold

sazabirules said:
Why was Avery left in the minors until now? Dispute with management?

Torts just hates him a bit. He was pretty decent in preseason though, rather see him on the ice than Christensen or Wolski.

Socreges

Banned
I'm gonna start referring to each random thing that I do as "the right hockey decision".

When bishop finally bans Tabris, I hope he refers to it as "the right hockey decision".

t0mp

Red_Man said:
Flyers D-men costumes :

z0J1K.jpg
:/ but LOL

Puddles said:
Some dude in my league picked up Bryzgalov immediately after I dropped him. Even gave up a good player to clear the spot.

What a fucking idiot.

yeah what a fucking moron! picking up an elite goalie for nothing? LOL! that guy is fucked!

Tabris

Socreges said:
When bishop finally bans Tabris, I hope he refers to it as "the right hockey decision".

I am everything that's right in hockey fans, you are everything that's wrong in hockey fans.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Preds PP tied with Halloween 3 for worst shit on TV right now

Revenant said:
The UC was so quiet after those terrible PP's I thought it was a Nashville home game.
you should goto a preds home game sometime

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
WTF it was 2-1 Rangers a few minutes ago no? I was looking at some stuff, came back, now it's 5-2?

Did they score all that late in the 2nd period?

Revenant

sefskillz said:
Preds PP tied with Halloween 3 for worst shit on TV right now

you should goto a preds home game sometime

:lol the first statement.

and salt aside if i was ever in the area again I would probably do just that, Sounds like the Preds are growing, and hard not to give a good coach like Trotz his due, even if he does look like an aging ninja turtle.

EDIT: KANER

Socreges said:
A purported scientific, evidence-based study concluded that the team that won the opening fight went on to win 98% of the games.

The study was conducted by Dr. Bruce Wayne Gretzky.

I don't know whether or not to be insulted by this....

EDIT: Btw I think most of those fights are stupid unless there's something from a previous game that really needed to be settled.

Marvie_3

Banned
Khold said:
What do you mean?
I mean that putting a bum like Stalberg out there with Toews with all that open ice hurts Chicago's chances to create any offense. Cutting off Toews' arm would also hurt their ability to create offense.

oh well, good run on the road for the Sharks. I'll be at the Sharks first home game back against the Pens this Thursday. Gonna be a tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom