• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Ta·bris   [tah-bris] verb, -ised, -ising,
verb (used without object)
to shit in your own mouth and then smile. John tabrised during dinner and everyone left the table.

Tabris said:
Watching the Leafs fan reactions in this thread is priceless. You guys got your hopes too high, the fall is going to hurt.

Yes, it's hysteria.

Totally flat tonight, Leafs only played for the last 10 minutes.

shit... =\

Fucking shit ass game. Terrible call on Kulemin and horrible 3rd goal by Gustavsson.

Tough loss

Good game. No idea how the Sens are doing this.

I guess we need to borrow MPW, Solo, FJ and Red Man. Shit is downright boring.

That's 6 in a row... don't know when the train is gonna stop but I'm gonna enjoy the ride !

11033809.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Argh, was hoping Senators would lose. Now Buffalo must lose their next two games and we must win our two next games to get ahead of them in the NE.

Anyway what matters is that we get ahead of Carolina next week.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Have to admit that it would be pretty awesome if the Leafs, Sens as Habs somehow got into the playoffs this season.

The annoying posts would be legendary. :lol

Well, 2/3 ain't bad. I'd rather have a young, fast Ottawa team in the playoffs instead of Montreal, Boston, or New Jersey, that's for sure.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Epic Tales of Penis said:
So is Manics' right fist...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I'm sure it is tonight. The local hospital prepares a bed for Mrs. Manics before the emergency call is even made on nights when the Leafs lose.

Just replace the sens logo with troll face and it'll be perfect.
KernelPanic said:
That's 6 in a row... don't know when the train is gonna stop but I'm gonna enjoy the ride !
Didn't watch the game tonight but I think it has a lot to do with Paul Maclean. Must be spewing some extremely motivational shit in the locker room. I mean Chris Neil is playing good so far this season.

But yea, unless young guys like Greening can keep putting it in the net, I'm gonna keep my hopes down. Much more fun than last season though

Buba Big Guns said:
Didn't watch the game tonight but I think it has a lot to do with Paul Maclean. Must be spewing some extremely motivational shit in the locker room. I mean Chris Neil is playing good so far this season.

But yea, unless young guys like Greening can keep putting it in the net, I'm gonna keep my hopes down. Much more fun than last season though

It's definately MacLean, and the coaching staff. I mean who predicted we'd have a top-3 PP in the NHL ? A lot of the prospects are coming along pretty good, I had no idea Greening is this good, he was drafted 7th overall.

MPW said:
ducks lost to cbj? the fuck?

Ducks always seem to lose to teams that have huge losing streaks who then suddenly turn things around when their backs are against the wall.

Blue Jackets came to play today, and they did. They got aggresive as soon as their first goal got answered. Didn't help that the Ducks offense didn't step up until 3rd period.

Heretic

Dastardly Jerks said:
Didn't help that the Ducks offense didn't step up until 3rd period.
That's when Carlyle finally played the RPG line. Sucks that McMillan couldn't hang in the second line. He had his chance and blew it. Its going to be a while till he gets another shot. Dropped down to the fourth line even...

Heretic

Puddles said:
Fucking Kings have looked like shit these last two games.
That's the only thing that has been keeping a smile on my face...

Ducks lose but so do the queens! They're scary good on paper this year...

All of these are cracking me up. I just saw the thornton one and Im certain that I've seen him and the doll before, pulling a prank on someone or something like that. Does a bell ring?

Acid08

Banned
alexthekid said:
All of these are cracking me up. I just saw the thornton one and Im certain that I've seen him and the doll before, pulling a prank on someone or something like that. Does a bell ring?
Thornton and Slappy have a history.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Lone_Prodigy said:
Raffi Torres dresses up as Jay-Z for Halloween. Controversy ensues.

http://twitter.com/#!/BizNasty2point0/statuses/130847513937854465
raffi_torres_was_jayz_for_halloween_dark_skin_included.jpg

Wow.

I personally don't think it's racist.
There's a difference between something like this and "blackface". But most people don't know that difference; so Torres is either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid for walking that fine line.

PS: Oilers with their 5th in a row. Reclaim 1st in the West. And the Sens with their 6th in a row? WTF is this shit? Not that I'm complaining.

It's not racist and anyone who thinks it is should probably grab their left hand, insert it up their ass and yank out the branch they've finely wedged up there.

Revenant

Pochacco said:
I personally don't think it's racist.
There's a difference between something like this and "blackface". But most people don't know that difference; so Torres is either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid for walking that fine line.

It's not necessarily racist and very different from "blackface"

Torres is definitely still stupid regardless even without the costume.

X26

Banned
that's nothing like blackface at all, anybody complaining is overly sensitive and just looking for any excuse to whine

Puddles

Banned
Some dude in my league picked up Bryzgalov immediately after I dropped him. Even gave up a good player to clear the spot.

What a fucking idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom