• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, you get your division title and your Miami Heat but your state is still the flaccid penis of North America and most of the horrible things in the USA happen there.

I'd be salty if I was a Leaf Fan too.

This season feels like it is turning point. The guys from 96 coming back (Jovo, Murphy, Lindsay), the change in culture, re energizing fans. Next looks even better with so many young studs looking to join the team. Regardless of happens in the 'yoffs the future looks bright for the organization.

CCF23

The Canucks trolling of the NHL regular season is complete. Play like shit for half the year -> win President's Trophy.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Embarrassing. Just end your season already Sharks.

4 more games. ;)

Socreges

Banned
Omfg booth

That happened right in front of us. Never seen such a slick goal live.

Amazing save by dubnyk too. He's been awesome

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd be salty if I was a Leaf Fan too.

This season feels like it is turning point. The guys from 96 coming back (Jovo, Murphy, Lindsay), the change in culture, re energizing fans. Next looks even better with so many young studs looking to join the team. Regardless of happens in the 'yoffs the future looks bright for the organization.
I'm really happy for the Panthers, but they're going to have to be better next year if they want to make the playoffs, a lot of teams in the East under performed this year. All you have to do is look at the Floridas goal differential compared to other teams. That being said Tallon has done an amazing job in such a short time, and the future definitely looks better then it has in a long time.

Puddles

Banned
Do the Kings want to face Vancouver in the first round? They're taking absolutely brainless penalties here. Same as Thursday.

Puddles

Banned
Greene is a selfish fuck.

So ridiculous how we can dominate a team and then lose it all to absolutely brainless penalties.

You don't make selfish plays like that against the second best PP in the league.

Mii

Banned
Vancouver or St. Louis? I like our odds with Vancouver more. I wouldn't mind developing a greater hatred for the Canucks for whenever a four-conference future exists and I can't hate Detroit anymore.

Puddles

Banned
Vancouver or St. Louis? I like our odds with Vancouver more. I wouldn't mind developing a greater hatred for the Canucks for whenever a four-conference future exists and I can't hate Detroit anymore.

Vancouver is terrifying, whereas the Blues are the biggest overachievers in the league, just ahead of Nashville.

I would much rather face St. Louis no matter which team I was rooting for. Elliot has looked pretty mortal lately, so that also helps.

I'm really happy for the Panthers, but they're going to have to be better next year if they want to make the playoffs, a lot of teams in the East under performed this year. All you have to do is look at the Floridas goal differential compared to other teams. That being said Tallon has done an amazing job in such a short time, and the future definitely looks better then it has in a long time.

Definetly. This year we have a bunch of 2nd-3rd liners from around the league as our top 6. The season started good, but between the injuries (at one point out 7 forwards) and post all star slumps, the skill level in our top was pretty poor. That's why I look forward to Bjugstad joining the team, he's 6'3 220~lb center and will fit well on our top line which fills the gap of big center. Then Kyle Rau is coming up and his hot hands are well welcome to the team. If the word on street is good then Huberdeau is looking to join the cats as well. The biggest differential is skill in the forwards, which is why we lost so many shootouts. The Panthers simply lack a high skill forward. Versteeg was good and I love his eccentric style on the ice but he's too tempermental to have that top spot. We are generating the chances to score but seem to fail at those odd-man rushes and breakaways because of the lack of skilled forwards.

Goaltending has been unexpectedly solid as well. The real show is when Markstrom comes the Panthers, he is currently on fire in San Antonio.

Tallon has done a fantastic job as as well as Dineen. As a Panther fan I can truthfully think the worst is behind the organization.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Vancouver is terrifying, whereas the Blues are the biggest overachievers in the league, just ahead of Nashville.

I would much rather face St. Louis no matter which team I was rooting for. Elliot has looked pretty mortal lately, so that also helps.
You forget about the guy who basically single-handedly knocked out Pittsburgh and Washington two seasons ago?

Goaltending has been unexpectedly solid as well. The real show is when Markstrom comes the Panthers, he is currently on fire in San Antonio.

Tallon has done a fantastic job as as well as Dineen. As a Panther fan I can truthfully think the worst is behind the organization.
Markstrom was really impressive when he played in Montreal this year, if he can keep that play up he will be scary good. I've also read scout reports that Huberdeau is the best prospect not playing in the NHL right now, so you guys definitely a lot to look forward to. I've actually heard people mention the idea of Habs trying to trade our first rounder for Huberdeau, not sure if I'm okay with that though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lesse here....

Canucks over Sharks
Sens over Rangers in an upset
Blues over Queens
Bruins over Caps
Hawks over Yotes
Panthers over Devils in an upset
Preds over Wings
Pens over Flyers

<_<

>_>

In a STUNNING upset, Toronto moves from 4th to 1st to pick Yakupov...

This President's Trophy isn't nearly as special as the first one, but I gotta commend the Canucks for being the best team in the NHL this (regular) season despite not playing their best hockey for long stretches.

Big credit goes to Luongo and Schneider, with honorable mention going to Chris Higgins.

Good job boys!

Puddles

Banned
Going to OT after blowing a 2 goal lead. WTF else is new?

This team doesn't even deserve the playoffs. Give our spot to the fucking Ducks.

Tabris

Here we go:

VAN LAK
STL SJS
PHO CHI
NSH DET

VAN SJS
NSH CHI

VAN CHI

VAN NYR

NYR PIT

NYR NJD
BOS PIT

NYR OTT
BOS WSH
FLA NJD
PIT PHI

CCF23

(1) Rangers def. (8) Senators in 5
(2) Bruins def. (7) Capitals in 7
(6) Devils def. (3) Panthers in 4
(5) Flyers def. (4) Penguins in 6

(1) Canucks def. (8) Kings in 6
(2) Blues def. (7) Sharks in 7
(6) Blackhawks def. (3) Coyotes in 6
(5) Wings def. (4) Predators in 7

ShaneB

Finally! The playoffs are here. Now I can take regular part in the hockey thread because I can root for specific teams instead of just enjoying the season in general :)

(1) Rangers def. (8) Senators in 5
(2) Bruins def. (7) Capitals in 7
(6) Devils def. (3) Panthers in 4
(5) Flyers def. (4) Penguins in 6

(1) Canucks def. (8) Kings in 6
(2) Blues def. (7) Sharks in 7
(6) Blackhawks def. (3) Coyotes in 6
(5) Wings def. (4) Predators in 7

Rangers
Bruins
Devils
Penguins