• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Question: How many Detroit fans would still be Detroit fans if they went on a 5-10 season streak of missing the playoffs?

I don't think it really matters.

I would understand that people just get frustrated at the team and bails out, same as anybody jumping in when they're successful. That's how a fanbase works.

I know a number of people who bailed on the Leafs during the playoff drought, and I don't even blame them.

kingslunk

I don't think it really matters.

I would understand that people just get frustrated at the team and bails out, same as anybody jumping in when they're successful. That's how a fanbase works.

I know a number of people who bailed on the Leafs during the playoff drought, and I don't even blame them.

I mean how many people would be Detroit fans in the first place if they weren't a winning power house? Dallas Cowboy fans were the same and they're thinning out like crazy because of their playoff drought

cube444

How dumb is this league? This game should have been played in the afternoon so they can just end this fucking regular season already.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I mean how many people would be Detroit fans in the first place if they weren't a winning power house? Dallas Cowboy fans were the same and they're thinning out like crazy because of their playoff drought
I don't know of any Wings fans that didn't grow up in the Detroit area. So it wouldn't matter if they sucked or not, they'd still be my team.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
This is why you guys and girls are the best.
There are girls?!
Who's a girl?

tumblr_m141ifXgY41rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Joe Sacco is out as head coach. It seemed Colorado fans wanted him gone.
Finally! What is it and Colorado with their string of shit coaches?! Fuck Tony Granato and Sacco.

Who the fuck loses with the stacked team that Granato had??? Enough players for 2 all star lines; it was unreal.

Tabris

Edmonton should trade Nail Yakupov for 1st round pick to draft Seth Jones.

Of course FLA also needs D, so who knows.

We find out Monday who wins lottery?

Yakupov was on pace for close to 30 goals in his rookie season. Sure, he got some garbage goals like the ones last night, but so has Huberdeau. So I don't think I necessarily agree with that.

I dont know about the other 2 but there is way more buzz about Jones this year then there was about Yakupov last year.

Tabris

There was a lot of buzz around Yakupov last year. I think that may be a case of your team being in a position to care about #1 for the draft for the first time in a bit. So it seems like there's more buzz.

Tabris

Assuming an OTT victory, here are my east coast predictions:

PIT vs NYI
MTL vs OTT
WAS vs NYR
BOS vs TOR

WAS vs NYI
BOS vs OTT

BOS vs NYI

Assuming an OTT loss, here are my east coast predictions:

PIT vs OTT
BOS vs NYI
WAS vs NYR
MON vs TOR

PIT vs NYI
WAS vs TOR

TOR vs NYI

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Everyone ignore those predictions, I beg you. We should just lock the thread at this point.

Tabris

I'll just paste my predictions in the new thread. Those are my honest predictions.

People are underestimating both the Red Wings and Islanders too much, as well as the Canucks on top of that.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Islanders are a good team, but young and inexperienced. They're not getting out of the 1st no matter who they play, even if it's the shitty Bruins.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming an OTT victory, here are my east coast predictions:

PIT vs NYI
MTL vs OTT
WAS vs NYR
BOS vs TOR

WAS vs NYI
BOS vs OTT

BOS vs NYI

Assuming an OTT loss, here are my east coast predictions:

PIT vs OTT
BOS vs NYI
WAS vs NYR
MON vs TOR

PIT vs NYI
WAS vs TOR

TOR vs NYI

Yes, thank you! Sorry for your loss Ottawa/Toronto.

Tabris

Good point. Still, he had some good experience over the last 8 years. Point stands, I would consider him an experienced playoff goalie.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Why the fuck are the Sens trying to showoff and play cute? Keep it simple stupid, otherwise you're gonna end up playing the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom