• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

So I am guessing Conacher locked up that top 6 RW spot, and Pageau made the team.

Michalek- Spezza- Ryan
MacArthur- Turris- Conacher
Smith- Zibenejad- Neil
Greening- Pageau- Condra
Kassian/Dabossta

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- Weircioch
Philips (fuck) - Uh oh Joe Corvo
Gryballs

Anderson
Franchise goalie

Looks like a solid lineup to me. Hope everyone is healthy.

Don't like the 3rd line though with Zib getting anchored down by Neil and Smith.

Acid08

Banned
You guys seen the Steam controller?

XbaTeXs.jpg
Looks like poop from a butt.

Potential Canucks starting lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Shinkaruk-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Santorelli-Higgins
Richardson-Horvat-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Weber

Luongo
Lack

Defense is solid. Garrison needed time to adjust last year but he kept getting better. Bieksa needs to play like contract year Bieksa. Hopefully Torts will light a fire under Edler because AV never did.

Forwards are iffy. Kesler still has no linemates. Booth needs to stay healthy. Kassian needs to take a big step forward this year.

Finishing 4th according to EA isn't impossible but I'm not sold on a deep playoff run.

Talking to some of the fourth line guys or guys that are battling for those spots, they obviously want to make a difficult decision for you and the other coaches, are you seeing that?
Hitchcock said:
Uh, no...it's been easier than I thought would be the best way of describing it.
Easier to decide?
Hitchcock said:
Yeah, I would have liked it to be more difficult, but it has not been there.

Kind of interesting with MPS now playing on the fourth line. That's going to be an exceeding shitty trade if he can't find his way into the top 9.

Looks like a solid lineup to me. Hope everyone is healthy.

Don't like the 3rd line though with Zib getting anchored down by Neil and Smith.

That's the glaring flaw. We have too many skill centers, and could use someone who could competently anchor a checking line without being wasted.

Then again I'd be against trading zibby. Life is hard.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Defense is solid. Garrison needed time to adjust last year but he kept getting better. Bieksa needs to play like contract year Bieksa. Hopefully Torts will light a fire under Edler because AV never did.

Forwards are iffy. Kesler still has no linemates. Booth needs to stay healthy. Kassian needs to take a big step forward this year.

Finishing 4th according to EA isn't impossible but I'm not sold on a deep playoff run.

My guess based on yesterday's lineup is that it'll actually be Higgins-Kesler-Hansen on the 2nd line and booth-santorelli-Shinkaruk on the 3rd. Maybe with Higgins&Booth switching places. I'm not sure he wants to put Shinkaruk on the 2nd line, both because he's a rookie and Kesler's line will be given a lot of responsibility and ice-time that he might not be able to cope with that well just yet. But we'll see.

Then once Kassian is back, Burrows moves down, Booth probably moves to the 2nd line, then Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd. Hope Shinkaruk stick around after Kassian is back, but the space on the wing will get thin. Horvat has IMHO been a bit less convincing than Shinkaruk (yet still great and way above just-drafted expectations) but has much higher chances of sticking around, due to our lack at center. So Shinkaruk might only get 5 games, Horvat maybe the full 9 and then Richardson/lain will move to 4C. But we'll see. I'm just stoked for having promising rookies for once.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Its nice that Bournival and Tinordi made it, but lets be honest....chances are neither are going to get the AGally/BGally opportunity this year.

Bournival will be slotted on the 4th line, and we've already got 3 guys there (Moen/Prust/White), and 4 when Parros is healthy. Bournival likely gets sent down unless White becomes a shithead again (quite likely actually, lol).

And as much as Tinordi might deserve to be above Murray and Boullion in the depth chart, I can't see Therrien benching either of them in favor of Tinordi. I think he'll stick with the team, but probably as the 7th d-man.

Both will get their real chance NEXT season, I think.
Bournival will have a hard time cracking the lineup since we have 5 4th liners including him now, but Tinordi will be on this team for 50+ games guaranteed. Bouillion will be sitting eventually, and injuries will come. Habs of all teams know you can never have too many defencemen. On Bournival, Bergevin said before camp if a prospect forces Therrien to play him then they will, so it'll be interesting to see what management does with a guy like Moen.

Curufinwe

Front.

I think it will work really well for certain games, but I wouldn't want to play a lot of traditional console games without proper sticks.

Smiley90

I don't understand if those are touch pads or sticks without protrusions. If they're touch pads, I feel like your fingertips won't survive that for too long.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Kind of interesting with MPS now playing on the fourth line. That's going to be an exceeding shitty trade if he can't find his way into the top 9.

New guy, same fucking problems. That line with him, Frank and Bergie have had tons of opportunities, one of which has gone in.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand if those are touch pads or sticks without protrusions. If they're touch pads, I feel like your fingertips won't survive that for too long.

They're haptic track pads. It's certainly...a thing. No way I'd buy one without actually trying it first.

Ranger lines tonight...

Benoit Pouliot, Brad Richards, Rick Nash
Chris Kreider, Brian Boyle, Jesper Fast
JT Miller, Oscar Lindberg, Marek Hrivik
Brandon Mashinter, Darroll Powe, Arron Asham

Michael Del Zotto, Stu Bickel
John Moore, Anton Stralman
Justin Falk, Conor Allen.

Henrik Lundqvist

So much for trying to play something that resembles a real lineup.

That's the glaring flaw. We have too many skill centers, and could use someone who could competently anchor a checking line without being wasted.

Then again I'd be against trading zibby. Life is hard.

Good problem to have, we need better bottom 6 wingers not worse centers.

Oh and don't trade Zib ... for any reason.

Mika-Zibanejad-goal.gif

Same feeling. Main reason to not use mouse and keyboard is when I'm driving or flying or piloting anything. The controller doesn't look like something that would replace my controller in those situations.

Smith is the only LH Centre we got though.

Then we'll have to find a new one. He's more often then not a defensive liability, not especially fast and not a great playmaker or finisher, and he's most likely gonna start on the wing anyway so whether or not he's an LH center isn't really that important.

Cake Boss

Banned
Then we'll have to find a new one. He's more often then not a defensive liability, not especially fast and not a great playmaker or finisher, and he's most likely gonna start on the wing anyway so whether or not he's an LH center isn't really that important.

We just need a ZM equivalent that is a natural winger. Like a Clutterbuck.

I still cant believe the Isles gave up a Nino for him.

We just need a ZM equivalent that is a natural winger. Like a Clutterbuck.

I still cant believe the Isles gave up a Nino for him.

That's what I originally meant to say, arguing with Kernel gets me all turned around.

We're fine on centre depth and need to pair zibby with some guys who can finish.

Top two lines are looking great though.

Smiley90

Pretty crazy if true.

When was the last time a Canucks prospect made the team right after the draft? Not to mention TWO prospects from the most recent draft at the same time?

Stoked for Horvat&Shinkaruk to at least get 5-9 games. Then next season... Hrrrrng.

Don't make us regret not taking Nichushkin, Horvat! Shinkaruk was such a steal at the draft. That he's already played with Horvat is just the cherry on top.

It's true. The Canucks sent Corrado, Gaunce and Hamill back down, and with Schroeder on IR, our roster is now at 23 guys. Horvat and Shinkaruk are on it, at least for 5 (Kassian return) to 9 (tryout period ends) games, we'll see if they stay past that. They both had great preseason so though, Shinkaruk especially was great. They both deserve it. Shinkaruk will probably start as on the 3rd or maybe even 2nd line wing, while Horvat will be our 3C or 4C, depending on where Shinkaruk ends up (since torts probably won't play both rookies on the same line just yet)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's a lot of pressure to put on a late first rounder to stick him on a 2nd line of a team who's windows closing and needs to win now.

Smiley90

That's a lot of pressure to put on a late first rounder to stick him on a 2nd line of a team who's windows closing and needs to win now.

To be fair, Shinkaruk was as expected to go way earlier than he did. We got lucky he dropped as much as he did.

He played on the third line yesterday, so that's where he'll probably start the season. Kesler's line will have a lot of responsibility and ice team that might not be best for a rookie fresh from the draft, I agree. Horvat played 4C yesterday, so that's where he'll probably play. The question is more what happens to them after Kassian returns/the tryout period is over. The wing gets in the top 3 lines gets thin after Kassian returns, so not sure if Shinkaruk will stay past that. Then Horvat can easily be replaced by Richardson/Lain as 4C, so I'm not sure it's worth wasting him on the 4th line and burning a year, depending on how much torts wants to play our 4th line, so he might get sent down too, unless he starts amazingly.

Start:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Santorelli-Shinkaruk
Richardson-Horvat-Weise

After 5/9 games, barring injuries:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Santorelli-Hansen
Richardson-Lain-Weise or Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Would be my prediction, barring surprises like injuries or very strong rookie play. With our window closing, we might have to play our rookie if they're a lot better than our veterans.

Quick

Banned
There's gonna be so many "oh shit I forgot they signed/traded for them" moments this season.

Speaking of this, I completely forgot that Stephen Weiss signed with the Wings.

I'm watching the game right now and saw a nameplate for a "Weiss", and I thought it was just some prospect. :lol

Top Bottom