• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Samyy

zroid 1,490

One Piece is okay

tumblr_mm4uf67Py01sn90vwo1_500.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I was 5th wtf

Half those posts must have been about bracco and i was probably intoxicated for 90% of them

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Approximatley 86% of my posts were from laughing at the Bruins trading Hamilton and all their draft day fuckery.

Quick

Banned
Currently using the Edge browser on Windows 10. I like the simplicity of it, but I'm probably going to end up using Firefox because of add-ons.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So...Jurassic World was pretty good actually. Better than I expected. Still not sure I buy starlord training raptors but it was handled better I thought it would be. Ingen apparently getting bought out by the umbrella corporation between films and going full mad scientist less so. Wonder where they'll go with the sequel. Full on crazy liked that leaked JP4 script with the dino soldiers? Probably not. It'll definitely need to try something new though. Nostalgia only works once.

Quick

Banned
Disclosure's new track with Sam Smith is pretty good, catchy. It's definitely gonna be something that the radio is going to play constantly. Latch is still better though.

So...Jurassic World was pretty good actually. Better than I expected. Still not sure I buy starlord training raptors but it was handled better I thought it would be. Ingen apparently getting bought out by the umbrella corporation between films and going full mad scientist less so. Wonder where they'll go with the sequel. Full on crazy liked that leaked JP4 script with the dino soldiers? Probably not. It'll definitely need to try something new though. Nostalgia only works once.

Jurassic World worked because it had enough years to distance itself from Jurassic Park (and its two sequels).

I want a sequel, but I'm actually interested in seeing where they take the story, since they can't exactly rely on nostalgia again to sell the movie to people. The militarized InGen storyline just doesn't seem feasible as the main story, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I loved Jurassic World for what it was, a fun, joyride, movie. I was surprised to see Gaf shitting on it so much, than I remembered I was on Gaf.

Quick

Banned
I loved Jurassic World for what it was, a fun, joyride, movie. I was surprised to see Gaf shitting on it so much, than I remembered I was on Gaf.

I want a Jurassic Park t-shirt. I was looking up places to buy it once I got out of the theatre.

It's good to have diversifying opinions, but some of the negative opinions here about Jurassic World have been ridiculous, particularly people who shit on JW but praise Jurassic Park as flawless - a lot of their complaints about JW are their compliments about JP.

I'm getting anxious about installing Windows 10. It's downloaded to a folder on my PC but it doesn't seem to want to install yet.

Listening to War on Drugs while I wait.

Maddocks

I'm trying to become a hockey fan because some of my good friends have turned me onto the sport, but the question is....Where do I start really on learning the history and rules and pretty much everything. I live in Los Angeles and I was around when we won the cup twice, but I wasn't invested in the team or the sport like I am now to really appreciate it.

So my main question is...how do I become a better fan.

Quick

Banned
I'm trying to become a hockey fan because some of my good friends have turned me onto the sport, but the question is....Where do I start really on learning the history and rules and pretty much everything. I live in Los Angeles and I was around when we won the cup twice, but I wasn't invested in the team or the sport like I am now to really appreciate it.

I'm not even joking: pick up any NHL video game (NHL 14 is probably dirt cheap) from the past few years. It'll help you with the rules and format of the game. Not that the game is complicated, but it helps to visualize.

Just watch a few games and see if it really grabs your attention. Eventually, you'll see the best players from your team to gravitate towards. Kopitar is a guy to watch if you want to see some offensive talent with the Kings.

Quick

Banned
Welcome back my brother.

Firefox has been good so far. I remember jumping off Firefox years ago because it became a resource hog and Chrome was being billed as a lightweight browser. How times have changed.

Also Desi, I noticed you posted in the Bojack Horseman Season 2 OT. It's a fantastic show that everyone should watch. I'm tempted to buy this shirt.

the way I learned the sport of hockey was to play the video games (Quick is so right about just playing the games) and watch the games whenever they were on, after a few games you get to understand the flow of the game and what the numerous penalties are.

Catch a Pens game where you can watch the league's best player. Phil Kessel.

You hang with me during the season.

Pikma

Banned
Man someone on my Twitter TL was talking about suicide, I don't really know him but I decided to speak with him anyway and try to help him feel better.

And it's seems it's all because of fucking cyber-bullying. What the fuck is wrong with people? How can they be so monstrous?

Maddocks

I'm not even joking: pick up any NHL video game (NHL 14 is probably dirt cheap) from the past few years. It'll help you with the rules and format of the game. Not that the game is complicated, but it helps to visualize.

Just watch a few games and see if it really grabs your attention. Eventually, you'll see the best players from your team to gravitate towards. Kopitar is a guy to watch if you want to see some offensive talent with the Kings.

I'm thinking about it, probably cant get the game for around 15 dollars now so that is the easy part.

You hang with me during the season.

I'm hoping to be able to meet and hang with fellow fans more this upcoming season. I did go to a game last season and had a blast, def the best sport to watch in person.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98 is where I learned that the best strategy is to cross check everyone in the neck to create turnovers.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I thought it was great. Then again, I'm not a film snob like many on here. Whenever I voice my hate for 2001: A Space Odyssey (the most boring film ever made), I get bashed.

imBask

Banned
Why Firefox over Chrome

Chrome's been terrible for the past couple of months, huge memory problem

as a web dev though i'm going insane reading about people trying out edge... I'll have to try it myself but I have 0 faith in Microsoft when it comes to web standard

Marvie_3

Banned
Chris Kuc @ChrisKuc
Combo #Blackhawks-#Bulls tip: Goodbye Circus Trips? Rocky Wirtz said he will likely let circus and ice show contracts run out in two years.
Fuck yes. No more 2 week road trips.

Top Bottom