• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That new Drake diss track

*whew*

I thought it was great. Then again, I'm not a film snob like many on here. Whenever I voice my hate for 2001: A Space Odyssey (the most boring film ever made), I get bashed.
Likewise. I've never understood the pretentiousness of film snobs. That being said I don't love transformers and every garbage big budget movie out there, but Jurassic World did what it was suppose to.

Montresor

I thought it was great. Then again, I'm not a film snob like many on here. Whenever I voice my hate for 2001: A Space Odyssey (the most boring film ever made), I get bashed.

I don't think I'm a film snob. My favourite movies of 2015 so far have been Kingsman, Chappie, Mad Max, and Jupiter Ascending. But I hated Jurassic World.

CLFrXO-WUAA-RIo.png

Marvie_3

Banned
But Mr. Wirtz, I thought you were struggling to make money!
The Blackhawks were in the red for a long time. Rocky Wirtz said the team is profitable now due to all the loans the team needed from Wirtz's other business years ago being paid off.

Red_Man

:lol I don't listen to music so I don't really get any of this stuff, but apparently he was referencing the Blue Jays? I read about it on a Jays blog. xD
He's taking shots at a rapper from Philly and used a picture of the last time the Jays won the world series against the Phillies as the cover art for his diss track.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Likewise. I've never understood the pretentiousness of film snobs. That being said I don't love transformers and every garbage big budget movie out there, but Jurassic World did what it was suppose to.

I like what I like. Sometimes a movie isn't necessarily "good" but it is entertaining.

Mind you, I haven't seen Jurassic World.
Or any Jurassic Park for that matter.

Red_Man

I haven't seen Ant Man yet, I'm going to get around to it but I have 0 interest in it. The good reviews in here have me hopeful for it though.

JW was good for what it was. A decent, fun summer action flick. It hit all the right spots for an action movie but wasn't really memorable. Having standards for film is fine but there needs to be context for the intended audience. I'm personally a slave for disaster movies no matter how bad, that doesn't mean I can't also appreciate and enjoy high-brow movies as well.

Calamari41

41 > 38
JW was good for what it was. A decent, fun summer action flick. It hit all the right spots for an action movie but wasn't really memorable. Having standards for film is fine but there needs to be context for the intended audience. I'm personally a slave for disaster movies no matter how bad, that doesn't mean I can't also appreciate and enjoy high-brow movies as well.

It's when you get to the point where you're angry and lash out at people who liked a movie you see as beneath your refined tastes that it gets ridiculous.

zroid

Banned
I haven't seen Ant Man yet, I'm going to get around to it but I have 0 interest in it. The good reviews in here have me hopeful for it though.

I really liked it (for what it's worth), and I've been feeling pretty burned out on Marvel lately. It's just pretty lighthearted, doesn't take itself seriously, and even pokes fun at itself sometimes. There's none of that "thinks it's more clever than it is" type of dialogue you find in the Avengers movies.

And the dude's daughter is ADORABLE AS HECK.

When I was watching it I actually thought it had the same kinds of vibes as one of those theme park attractions where you're watching a short movie and the seats move around. It was neat.

I haven't been to the movie theatre in YEARS. Too expensive, too crowded

this is exactly why I usually only go on tuesdays, and only see movies like 3+ weeks after they're released.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils 12m 12 minutes ago

#NJDevils GM Ray Shero announces that Dainius Zubrus has been placed on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract.

zroid

Banned
oh my god Adrian Dater and Steve Simmons are both on TSN radio right now... this might be the ideal time to nuke TSN

Quick

Banned
New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils 12m 12 minutes ago

#NJDevils GM Ray Shero announces that Dainius Zubrus has been placed on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract.

Dainius Zubrus is a name I haven't heard in years.

That New Jersey Bermuda Triangle man...

Jonathan Bernier is asking for 5.1 million.

LOL.

I remember when 5.1 million was a massive amount back 7-10 years ago. Sign Bernier to a one-year deal like Kadri and let him get his work.

zroid

Banned
I remember when 5.1 million was a massive amount back 7-10 years ago. Sign Bernier to a one-year deal like Kadri and let him get his work.

thing is he's a UFA next year so they'll probably want at least two years

Leafs were asking 2.9 so they should meet in the middle around 4. which is fine.

Quick

Banned
thing is he's a UFA next year so they'll probably want at least two years

Leafs were asking 2.9 so they should meet in the middle around 4. which is fine.

Oh shit, he's UFA next year already? Two-year deal then.

And I figured the Leafs are lowballing and Bernier is going high to meet in the middle.

Yawnier

Banned
I can't remember the last time I went to a "summer movie." Feels like it's been ages.

I must be getting old.

I used to go to multiple movies in the summertime, nowadays I'll go to one or so. Last year I went to the planet of the apes movie, and this year jurassic world and that'll probably be it.

imBask

Banned
wtf why... didn't the Panthers get the worst TV viewership average in the league this year? why add an option, it's bound to fail

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
wtf why... didn't the Panthers get the worst TV viewership average in the league this year? why add an option, it's bound to fail

Might as well broadcast it in the region's native tongue, and I don't know many Hebrew speaking sports broadcasters, so Spanish it is!

Quick

Banned

At this point, why not? It's bound to attract some attention to the Panthers in Florida. Can't be mad at the attempt to reach out to that community.

National treasures. These guys are actually really good broadcasters, though my rusty Spanish isn't good enough for every word, they have a really great rhythm and explain a lot the action without jargon.

These guys also did the Panthes calls back in the 90's until cheap ownership cut most of the broadcasting footprint. Viola and co have expanding it back out also taking broadcasting partners up in West Palm in addition to Dade/Broward.

Quick

Banned
no necessarly just in a monetary way, but in respect for other cities and fans who would actually go see their team... I hate the panthers with a passion

What does the Panthers owe to other cities and those cities' hockey fans? Nothing.

Are you Canadian? Specifically from Quebec?

no necessarly just in a monetary way, but in respect for other cities and fans who would actually go see their team... I hate the panthers with a passion
Like Boston and Chi in the early 00's? Pittsburgh before Crosby? Columbus before about 4 years ago? All should've been moved out of "respect".

Quick

Banned
Like Boston and Chi in the early 00's? Pittsburgh before Crosby? Columbus before about 4 years ago? All should've been moved out of "respect".

It'll be "Respek" once the team moves to Quebec and Therrien is fired from the Habs, only to coach the Nordicks.

;)

So glad they aren't playing in Fenway, wish the Avs would play in Mile High instead of Coors but whatever :(

Coors sponsors the Stadium Series, so that was never going to happen. We could do the Winter Classic at Mile High though. Folsom would be awesome if it had more seats.

imBask

Banned
It'll be "Respek" once the team moves to Quebec and Therrien is fired from the Habs, only to coach the Nordicks.

;)

I wish

nah, Panthers have been bottom feeders in term of attendance pretty much forever. Boston, Chicago and Pitts are just bad crowds who will only bandwagon if the team is successful. It's understandable when hockey isn't the #1 sport in your city, but it's still shitty.

someday I will replace bettman, so here's my plan :
  • only teams with an average attendance of 19k+ are allowed in my league, everyone else moves if you go below 19k 3 years in a row.
  • Sucking for 10 years to draft a generational talent and get everyone back on the bandwagon will be banned. Automatic dismissal of the team and the generational talent is drafted to a random team
  • If there isn't snow around the arena in January, you lose your team
  • at any time, a NHL official can visit your city and ask a random person on the street to name the top 2 lines of your team, if the person fails, you lose your team

Quick

Banned
nah, Panthers have been bottom feeders in term of attendance pretty much forever. Boston, Chicago and Pitts are just bad crowds who will only bandwagon if the team is successful. It's understandable when hockey isn't the #1 sport in your city, but it's still shitty.

• only teams with an average attendance of 19k+ are allowed in my league, everyone else moves if you go below 19k 3 years in a row.
  • Sucking for 10 years to draft a generational talent and get everyone back on the bandwagon will be banned. Automatic dismissal of the team and the generational talent is drafted to a random team
  • at any time, a NHL official can visit your city and ask a random person on the street to name the top 2 lines of your team, if the person fails, you lose your team

Thank fuck you're not replacing Bettman.

However, your first point does mean the Jets get relocated...

Calamari41

41 > 38
I wish

RIP NHL:

November 26, 1917 - A Couple Of Years After Imbask Takes Over

Top Bottom