• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

I wish

nah, Panthers have been bottom feeders in term of attendance pretty much forever. Boston, Chicago and Pitts are just bad crowds who will only bandwagon if the team is successful. It's understandable when hockey isn't the #1 sport in your city, but it's still shitty.

Yes like Panthers have been successful all these years with great ownership and low attendance. It's not like they sold out when they were good... Oh wait.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/m_page.htm?id=60916

It's some bullshit mental gymnastics to push an elitist view.

imBask

Banned
Yes like Panthers have been successful all these years with great ownership and low attendance. It's not like they sold out when they were good... Oh wait.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/m_page.htm?id=60916

It's some bullshit mental gymnastics to push an elitist view.

leafs have sucked for the past FOREVER and the arena is sold out for the next 20 years... We also just got out of 20 years of terribleness : sold out every night.

#NoExcuses

Quick

Banned
leafs have sucked for the past FOREVER and the arena is sold out for the next 20 years... We also just got out of 20 years of terribleness : sold out every night.

#NoExcuses

Now I know you're just messing with us now.

Good joke, imbask.

#NoExcuses

Leafs are also a ~100 year old team with multi generational fans, multiple cups and HoFs. Ludicrous to compare that to teams with ~20 years of history. That is the exception and not the rule. Hell, Leafs weren't selling out the end of last season either. It's either naïve or ignorant to think it is comparable.

Quick

Banned
Imbask is probably who CosmicQueso was referring to when he talked about Canadians wanting to take the Coyotes away.

Razorskin

----- ------
someone talked about the Coyotes ever? I'm fairly sure the mayor doesn't even know he has a hockey team

Oh he knows.

qOCOxKk.jpg

nah, Panthers have been bottom feeders in term of attendance pretty much forever. Boston, Chicago and Pitts are just bad crowds who will only bandwagon if the team is successful. It's understandable when hockey isn't the #1 sport in your city, but it's still shitty.

someday I will replace bettman, so here's my plan :
  • only teams with an average attendance of 19k+ are allowed in my league, everyone else moves if you go below 19k 3 years in a row.
  • Sucking for 10 years to draft a generational talent and get everyone back on the bandwagon will be banned. Automatic dismissal of the team and the generational talent is drafted to a random team
  • If there isn't snow around the arena in January, you lose your team
  • at any time, a NHL official can visit your city and ask a random person on the street to name the top 2 lines of your team, if the person fails, you lose your team

No snow in January? Man must suck if your a fan of the Kings, Ducks or Sharks.

Foggy

I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.

Ran across a belligerent Canadian dude in Toronto who yelled expletives at his Chinese food and threw it over a fence. He saw that it spooked my girlfriend so I think it made him super self-conscious, so he ended up just walking next to us and asking a bunch of questions about how our day was going. Just a nice Canadian with offensively shitty Chinese food. Now is a time for self-reflection, Imbask.

imBask

Banned
Ran across a belligerent Canadian dude in Toronto who yelled expletives at his Chinese food and threw it over a fence. He saw that it spooked my girlfriend so I think it made him super self-conscious, so he ended up just walking next to us and asking a bunch of questions about how our day was going. Just a nice Canadian with offensively shitty Chinese food. Now is a time for self-reflection, Imbask.

i'm sorry buddy eh

someday I will replace bettman, so here's my plan :
  • only teams with an average attendance of 19k+ are allowed in my league, everyone else moves if you go below 19k 3 years in a row.
  • Sucking for 10 years to draft a generational talent and get everyone back on the bandwagon will be banned. Automatic dismissal of the team and the generational talent is drafted to a random team
  • If there isn't snow around the arena in January, you lose your team
  • at any time, a NHL official can visit your city and ask a random person on the street to name the top 2 lines of your team, if the person fails, you lose your team

So far the only person you're replacing is Hitler.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anybody have any recommendations for a good steel regulation size hockey net (for street hockey, so it doesn't need to be like 3-inch posts)? My kids are finally old enough to play.

Socreges

Banned
National treasures. These guys are actually really good broadcasters, though my rusty Spanish isn't good enough for every word, they have a really great rhythm and explain a lot the action without jargon.

These guys also did the Panthes calls back in the 90's until cheap ownership cut most of the broadcasting footprint. Viola and co have expanding it back out also taking broadcasting partners up in West Palm in addition to Dade/Broward.
Dãle

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Leafs are also a ~100 year old team with multi generational fans, multiple cups and HoFs. Ludicrous to compare that to teams with ~20 years of history. That is the exception and not the rule. Hell, Leafs weren't selling out the end of last season either. It's either naïve or ignorant to think it is comparable.

To be fair the Leafs not selling out at the end of last year was something like we filled 18997 of 19100 seats.

Either way I stand for the Panthers! You have my paw.

Foggy

Elite Snipers 101, written by Jonathan Quick

Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry

I’m going to cheat a little bit and include these two as a package deal. Two words come to mind when I think about the Anaheim Ducks: Heavy minutes. A minute of them playing in your zone is equivalent to a minute and a half of another team, just because they play behind your net so much.

Pavel Datsyuk

Next thing you know — what the hell? — the puck is behind you in the net. He shot it. Who shoots from there? Datsyuk shoots from there.

Sidney Crosby

The best backhand shot in the league. I think it might’ve been my first or second year as a pro, and he scored on me from like the hash mark on the wall. Not with a forehand. With a backhand … that beat me far corner.

Alexander Ovechkin

Guys like Ovi shoot it so hard that it’s almost like you’re a batter in baseball. You see the blur of the puck coming at you in frames. One frame, two frames … by the third frame it’s already hitting you. If you’re trying to make a reaction save against Ovi, you’re already beat. You better already be at the top of the crease cutting off the angle.

Kane and Toews

Kane and Toews aren’t the biggest guys in the world, but they’re incredibly intelligent, mentally tough and have amazing intuition when playing together.

Man, I want to beat them so bad. Let’s get this season started already (sorry, honey).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The first couple hours of Windows 10 for me:

"Windows can't activate. Try again later."
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*

Tabris

There's teams like Detroit and Chicago that don't sell out when there team isn't performing that has the long tradition / original 6 bullshit. Those teams have fair-weather fans, or in Detroit's case, a lot more fans that can't afford to attend the games due to how bad Detroit is right now.

There's only two teams that can perform the same ticket sellout wise whether successful or not:

Toronto Maple Leafs
Montreal Canadians

Blue Jays and Raptors could be multi-year dynasty champions and the Maple Leafs would still be the hottest ticket in town.

Once the Canucks win a single championship they may have enough to get into the sellout after long losing streaks situation, but until then, super fair weather.

EDIT - Actually NY Rangers are up there, maybe not sellouts but always top 10. Think that has more to do with MSG and NY's population/density then anything else though.

Sanjuro

Kind of wished they used the Winter Classic logo from a few years ago. Not a fan of the font used there.

Habs logo looks fantastic.

Razorskin

----- ------
The first couple hours of Windows 10 for me:

*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*