• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hello Habs-GAF

I'm listening to the Life is Strange soundtrack randomly. Fitting for the Habs-exit

imBask

Banned
Don't forget : next season is the LAST season of our window of opportunity.

the 80M gift to Price will mark the end of an era

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
You are insane, stop

Leafs got incredibly lucky with their rebuild

He's not a playoff goalie. He's a choke artist. He can't make a save to save his fucking life. Let's get some good returns for him.

Draisitle for Price. Let's go.

imBask

Banned
You are insane, stop

idk man. There's a point to be made about that method

it worked for the Caps (lol), Penguins, Hawks and now Leafs and Oilers. Tanking hard until you get a generational talent is actually valid in todays NHL

I said it multiple time i'm the biggest Price fan in Montreal but we need to trade him next season, giving him 80M over 8 years will be the biggest mistake this franchise will ever make

Merguson

Banned
You are insane, stop

step 1. get rid of current highest paid players
step 2. draft in the top 5
step 3. throw a bunch of money at one of the best coaches
step 4. win lottery
step 5. pray its not yakupov 2.0
step 6. buds all day

Foggy

idk man. There's a point to be made about that method

it worked for the Caps (lol), Penguins, Hawks and now Leafs and Oilers. Tanking hard until you get a generational talent is actually valid in todays NHL

I said it multiple time i'm the biggest Price fan in Montreal but we need to trade him next season, giving him 80M over 8 years will be the biggest mistake this franchise will ever make

You could point to just as many teams who have wallowed in sub-mediocrity. Besides, do you have the stomach for an Oilers or Sabres type of rebuild? Especially a self-inflicted rebuild? Penguins, Hawks, Leafs, and Caps all got lucky. Blink and you'll be on a neverending rebuild like the Jets or Yotes.

Pikma

Banned
ImBaSk and Co. made fun of the Leafs all season and now the Habs are out of the playoffs

Guess who's still in them?😂😂😂😂

for one more day

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
most of his trade are incredible, he keeps fleecing everyone. T'es saoul brah

him NOT trading for offense when we need it is the issue

You shut your mouth i'm actually worried it'll happen

C'est vrai que chu chaud lol. But we need an active GM. Ti-Marc ain't it. I'm all in for Roy too. He's the spark we might need.

D'in buts je parle.

lupinko

You could point to just as many teams who have wallowed in sub-mediocrity. Besides, do you have the stomach for an Oilers or Sabres type of rebuild? Especially a self-inflicted rebuild? Penguins, Hawks, Leafs, and Caps all got lucky. Blink and you'll be on a neverending rebuild like the Jets or Yotes.

Hey now, Mark Schieffle is really good and Laine is also an outstanding talent especially considering he got hurt this season. The Jets will be fine.

The Coyotes? That's another story.

Foggy

Hey now, Mark Schieffle is really good and Laine is also an outstanding talent especially considering he got hurt this season. The Jets will be fine.

The Coyotes? That's another story.

They'll get there, same as Yotes and Sabres, but they've been poised to breakout for like 4 straight seasons. Point is, rebuilding is hard and messy and fraught with sadness.

Socreges

Banned
I would like to hear more about Bergevin's incredible trade history.

The Petry trade was good. The Subban-Weber trade was not good, history will show. Otherwise he's made a ton of inconsequential mini-trades.

ZtSROzz.jpg

Make Montreal Great Again

Top Bottom