• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Merguson

Banned
The Habs finished 1st in the division, 8th in the league. Bergevin is under contract until 2022. He's not going anywhere, lol.

imBask

Banned
I know everyone is thinking this due to the contract he will sign, but there's 2 arguments I have to this:

1) Would he be "worth the pay" if we went further? A big contract is still a big contract (note, I think he is worth his weight).
2) What's the solution? Hope we can get an all-star for a significant less pay?

EDIT: ^^^ Not forgetting McNiven, but he's quite the ways away from being NHL ready don't you think?

I consider Crawford, Fleury and Murray to be good goalies and all won cups. Quick is better than them, but not as good as Price, also won 2 cups

That's the goal, now how you get there is not my job and I know it's harder than it looks, but good GMs find a way

imBask

Banned
I bought a longboard to drown my pain, just skated for an hour and I feel like i'm 15 again it's so cool
except I wasn't out of breath after 10 min at 15

I bought a longboard to drown my pain, just skated for an hour and I feel like i'm 15 again it's so cool
VAeA885.jpg

Mentok

Banned
I consider Crawford, Fleury and Murray to be good goalies and all won cups. Quick is better than them, but not as good as Price, also won 2 cups

That's the goal, now how you get there is not my job and I know it's harder than it looks, but good GMs find a way
Look at the teams that played in front of those goalies....there's the Habs' problem. No one fears that line up.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

One thing I have to get into again this summer is skateboarding. Don't have the city to longboard around in, so I'll stick to street skating.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
posted yet? John Stevens named new LA head coach (former associate head coach for the Kings)

PillarEN

Skateboarding was too hard for me. Couldn't pull off a kick flip so I decided to inline skate instead. Yeah I was cool.

Actually I do think inline skating is cool. An acquaintance's dad owned a skatepark (or maybe still does. Haven't talked to this kid since I was 11) and this kid was unreal on blades.

imBask

Banned
Skateboarding was too hard for me. Couldn't pull off a kick flip so I decided to inline skate instead. Yeah I was cool.

Actually I do think inline skating is cool. An acquaintance's dad owned a skatepark (or maybe still does. Haven't talked to this kid since I was 11) and this kid was unreal on blades.

I skated for like 5 years and never landed anything other than an ollie so I feel ya. I really liked the "skating culture" tho. I still follow a couple of skateboard instagram accounts! I should've bought a longboard a looong time ago because I always enjoyed just riding around

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Welcome Leafs-GAF. Better late than never you show up here!

Leafs are gonna be real scary next year, just imagine how far they'd have gotten this year if the Vets had woken up...

PillarEN

So now that the Leafs are here does that leave like 8 NHL GAFfers who actually have business being in the playoff OT unlike the rest of us who are just fans of the game regardless of our teams being gone?

Top Bottom