• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Samyy

Overdrive yesterday:

"4th line centres can make an impact in this day and age on your teams success..."

then after that

"Why do people keep talking about Russell, he's a 5th Dman, doesn't matter"

Like....seriously??

zroid

Banned
Overdrive yesterday:

"4th line centres can make an impact in this day and age on your teams success..."

then after that

Like....seriously??

a 5th dman on a 4x4 contract...?

ok...

Cake Boss

Banned
Overdrive yesterday:

then after that

Like....seriously??

They really need Ferraro to be a regular there to keep Hayes and Odog in check, need a more level headed person.

Whenever he is on, he never lets Hayes get into stupid hyperbole fanboy mode.

yyzjohn

Banned
It's probably because he won the Calder. Rookies are allowed to talk if they do something exceptional

Matthews is rookie of the year and the future of the franchise, what's Lou gonna do to him? If it came down between Matthews and Lou I'm pretty sure Lou would see the door. The legend of Lou is funny for jokes and all, but he's not gonna do anything that pisses of Matthews or his agent.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel so confused and disoriented. The Rangers still have a draft pick tonight. What are you supposed to do with a first round pick if you don't give it away to somebody?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Been told the highest offer made to Radulov was 3 years. @PierreVLeBrun reported he asked for 6 years at $7M.

That's a pretty big gap, I'm just going to assume he's a goner.

Solo

That's a pretty big gap, I'm just going to assume he's a goner.

I hate to praise league-worst GM BargainBin twice in 8 days (first being the Drouin trade), but good on him. I hope he doesn't cave. Radulov might be worth the AAV, maybe, but 3-4 years tops. I'm convinced he'll be bought out in that time frame buy whatever dumbass GM signs him to 7 years on July 1.

Solo

The only prospective team I think makes sense for AGally is the Isles, but they aren't going to part with Leddy so I doubt there's a deal there either.

Red_Man

What's the last trade Bergevin has made that was leaked? If he trades AGally it'll probably be from a team we never thought of.

I feel so confused and disoriented. The Rangers still have a draft pick tonight. What are you supposed to do with a first round pick if you don't give it away to somebody?

You can send it across the river. I don't want you to be confused and disoriented.

What could they possibly offer

Kovy

I dunno what it will mean, though. He's a C, right? If they're that intent on getting him, maybe they really aren't going after Nolan/Nico. But I'd rather have a potential 1C than give something up for a 2C.

Parch

Not surprising there are a lot of GMs sniffing around for Galchenyuk. They smell potential for a bargain price. I still think it would be a mistake to trade him. It's a case where patience is better instead of moving temporary disappointment. I know the Habs need to shake things up, but it better be a helluva deal if they bail on Galchenyuk this early.

Solo

Not surprising there are a lot of GMs sniffing around for Galchenyuk. They smell potential for a bargain price. I still think it would be a mistake to trade him. It's a case where patience is better instead of moving temporary disappointment. I know the Habs need to shake things up, but it better be a helluva deal if they bail on Galchenyuk this early.

That's the worst thing in all of this. Obviously I'm 100% against trading AGally as I've said a hundred times. But if the franchise is set on doing it, they've bungled it royally by doing their absolute best to drive his value down at every turn, between last summer and this summer's editions of "is he a C?"/"he'll never be a C"/"his immediate future is not at C", the farcical nature of his weekly line and position promotions/demotions, and all the various other mudslinging. Way to make your asset valuable in the eyes of your trading partners, guys. Good job, good effort.

We'll sell low and whatever team trades with us for him will fleece us so hard when he puts up 65-70 points next season.

calder

I don't see anything wrong with what the Coyotes have done recently. Doan obviously leveraged his status with the org/fan base in his last couple contract negotiations with the club. He's 'owed' jackshit.

His salt stinks of a guy who expected one more sweetheart contract.

Yeah I genuinely don't get why Doan is pissy but whatever no one wants to be told they aren't needed anymore no matter how true it is. But the fans taking his side makes no fucking sense at all. "It's the way they did it"?? What the hell does that mean? He didn't find out on twitter or something, his GM met him in person to tell him, do the fans expect a hummer from the owner or something?

Solo

We're going to get garbage for AGally, I'm resigned to that.

It'll be for a 4/5 D straight up, a true BargainBin special. Meanwhile we lose AGally and Rads and struggle even harder to score goals next year with a centre depth of Hanzal-Danault-Plekanec-Mitchell. Barf.'

BargainBin could redeem 5 years of incompetent GMing tonight though if he flips Patches in part of a deal to get a centre.

If Radulov doesn't sign I can't imagine they end up trading Galchenyuk. How the hell are they going to score any goals next year without them when they already had a horrible time of it with both of them?

Solo

If Radulov doesn't sign I can't imagine they end up trading Galchenyuk. How the hell are they going to score any goals next year without them when they already had a horrible time of it with both of them?

It wouldn't appear to make any logical sense, I agree. That's why it will happen.

Next up after the AGally trade: we enter 4 years of Drouin "can he be our #1C?!" limbo/fuckery.

Reckheim

They shouldn't be trading Galchenyuk to begin with ... I have no idea what they're thinking.

Red_Man

Bergevin isn't trading him for a 4/5 guy, there's been multiple reports he's asking for multiple pieces and that the asking price is quite high. If he doesn't receive an offer he likes, he'll just resign him.

Solo

Like we can't we go with:

Drouin-Hanzal (*sigh* but we all know it's gonna happen)-AGally (Hanzal to be your "big, defensively responsible" centre and 2 super talented wingers)
Patches-Danault-Rads (since we all know Therrien/Julien jizzes all over this line so we're stuck with it)
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Gallagher (it's smurfy for sure)

Centre depth is still lolololol but that's a pretty damn good Top 9 as far as wingers go

I had a really odd dream last night where I was on stage at an NHL Awards type event and somebody unveiled a Connor McDavid cake. Like a life size cake that looked like Connor McDavid.

Red_Man

Like we can't we go with:

Drouin-Hanzal (*sigh* but we all know it's gonna happen)-AGally (Hanzal to be your "big, defensively responsible" centre and 2 super talented wingers)
Patches-Danault-Rads (since we all know Therrien/Julien jizzes all over this line so we're stuck with it)
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Gallagher (it's smurfy for sure)

Centre depth is still lolololol but that's a pretty damn good Top 9 as far as wingers go
You wouldn't stop talking about how he was going to overpay for Hanzal at the trade deadline and he avoided it, so why do you think he's going to do it during Free Agency, where he's been historically very conservative and quiet?

Parch

Bettman was a host joke at the awards but not part of any of it. He's saving all his air time for the draft because he knows there's going to be a lot of trades where he gets to be in the spotlight.

"We have a trade to announce" followed by dramatic hesitation and his shit eating grin. That friggin' douche loves it.

Solo

You wouldn't stop talking about how he was going to overpay for Hanzal at the trade deadline and he avoided it, so why do you think he's going to do it during Free Agency, where he's been historically very conservative and quiet?

Maybe because otherwise our #1C is still Danault? I'm not big on Hanzal and certainly not big on overpaying him, but good god, obviously he's an upgrade over the 3C we currently have lined up at 1C.

Red_Man

Maybe because otherwise our #1C is still Danault? I'm not big on Hanzal and certainly not big on overpaying him, but good god, obviously he's an upgrade over the 3C we currently have lined up at 1C.
Just a weird drumb to be banging considering Bergevin's history, as well as the Drouin trade and his explicit calling for centres.

This is what will happen today, Montreal will trade for Crosby because he wants to play for his childhood team, the habs

Penguins trade Crosby for Galchenyuk

There saved you dwebs 24 hours, see you losers on july 1st

Top Bottom