• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A small part of me wants to believe they'll bridge the gap with Radulov, but it seems to far gone now. Hope I'm wrong and we start the season with Drouin - AGally -Radulov. Drouin and AGally have amazing potential with each other.

Solo

I feel sorry for whoever gives him 7 years. Anything more than 4-5 is too much.

It feels that we're going to start the season still lacking a solid 1-2D and 1-2C. They better let AGally learn the position now.

My guess is that we overpay to get Hanzal as a stop gap til either AGally figures it out or we acquire a true 1C another way.

Pacioretty-Hanzal-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Galchenyuk
Byron-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Mitchell-McCarron-Shaw

My guess at what opening nights lineup will resemble.

My guess is that we overpay to get Hanzal as a stop gap til either AGally figures it out or we acquire a true 1C another way.

Byron-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Mitchell-McCarron-Shaw

Hmm, how about this.

Pacioretty Danault Gallagher
Drouin Galchenyuk Plekanec
Lehkonen Bonino Shaw
Byron Hudon Martinsen/Reway

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pleks on the wing Lmao

Pretty obvious that both Bergevin and Julien aren't content with their centre depth and Hanzal isn't the answer.

Mentok

Banned

Byron-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Mitchell-McCarron-Shaw

I don't know why they'd go after Hanzel. I'd rather they pursue Bonino or Gagner if they're pursuing a C from free agency.

Pleks on the wing Lmao

Pretty obvious that both Bergevin and Julien aren't content with their centre depth and Hanzal isn't the answer.

Hmm

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher
Drouin Danault Free Agent
Lehkonen Plekanec Shaw
Byron Hudon Martinsen

This is my ideal lineup, Hudon and Plekanec could alternate.but god damn do we need Radulov,

Can Tavares pull a Durant and just join the Leafs?

Also what are the chances of Jumbo coming home (at a discount)?

No and Zero.

It's not as simple as the NBA

Durant going to Golden State was a fucking cheat code. I do have a feeling that Lebron is leaving to the Lakers though unless Paul George goes to Cleveland for a year

lupinko

No and Zero.

Durant going to Golden State was a fucking cheat code. I do have a feeling that Lebron is leaving to the Lakers though unless Paul George goes to Cleveland for a year

Why not?????? But then again Lou is the master of cheat codes when it comes to GM mode.

Yeah I want LeBronbron to go play for the Lakeshow and Paul George too.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No and Zero.

As much as I want him, we are going to be fucked by the cap just about as hard as Chicago did in the near future.

Why not?????? But then again Lou is the master of cheat codes when it comes to GM mode.

Yeah I want LeBronbron to go play for the Lakeshow and Paul George too.

The cap, man. When Matthews/Marner/Nylander get off their ELCs, they'll be commanding 10/~8/~8 respectively.

Brown is gonna get a raise. Hyman is gonna get a raise. Eventually Dermott/Nielsen/Liljegren come up and they'll get get big money due to talent that surrounds the trio.

We are going to have difficulty maintaining our roster in about 3-4 years or so and start the carnival of vultures which will pick away all our talent until we're a shell of our former selves.

Fun fact you can field an all star team just based on player who played for the Penguins since 1990

Lemieux Francis Jagr
Robitaille Crosby Recchi
Leclair Trottier Iginla
Naslund Malkin Hossa

Murphy Coffey
Gonchar Zubov
Letang Samuelsson

Barasso
Fleury

Scratched: Mullen, Sandstrom, Stevens, Tocchet, Morrow, Straka, Nedved, Kovalev, Kessel, Lang, Palffy, Guerin, Hatcher, Murray

Solo

I don't know if any of you are watching Twin Peaks, but it just aired the most crazy, unsettling, amazing, harrowing, bizarre, terrifying episode of television you'll be seeing in 2017. Holy fucking shit.

Cactus

Banned
I don't know if any of you are watching Twin Peaks, but it just aired the most crazy, unsettling, amazing, harrowing, bizarre, terrifying episode of television you'll be seeing in 2017. Holy fucking shit.
Haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but I've been absolutely loving the return so far.

lupinko

As much as I want him, we are going to be fucked by the cap just about as hard as Chicago did in the near future.

The cap, man. When Matthews/Marner/Nylander get off their ELCs, they'll be commanding 10/~8/~8 respectively.

Brown is gonna get a raise. Hyman is gonna get a raise. Eventually Dermott/Nielsen/Liljegren come up and they'll get get big money due to talent that surrounds the trio.

We are going to have difficulty maintaining our roster in about 3-4 years or so and start the carnival of vultures which will pick away all our talent until we're a shell of our former selves.

Cap, schampf, let's get a luxury tax and let Lou pull some divine, evil magic!

We Golden State Warriors of the NHL!

I am rewatching the series right now in prep for catching up with the new season

Socreges

Banned
I watched the first episode and fucking loved it. Got the other 6 or so that have aired in the queue. Reading your post gets me pretty stoked. Thanks for not spoiling anything.

Holiday

Banned
Ah yes, the genius Lamoriello, who gave Kovalchuk a thousand year contract, got inexplicably bailed out, and then left the Devils in such amazing shape.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ah yes, the genius Lamoriello, who gave Kovalchuk a thousand year contract, got inexplicably bailed out, and then left the Devils in such amazing shape.

i'm pretty sure the devils being in rough shape is mainly due to the owners who could barely make payroll or pay the rent

The team was in debt by over $230 million right before kovalchuk bailed

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just a bit of housekeeping. Rangers qualified Nicklas Jensen, did not give qualifying offers to Brandon Pirri, Adam Clendening, or Mackenzie Skapski.

Solo

How off the wall does it go?

It shatters the wall, continues in a straight line transcending time and space, doubles back on itself and asks "got a light?"

I am rewatching the series right now in prep for catching up with the new season

Man you are in for a wild ride and a hell of a treat.

I watched the first episode and fucking loved it. Got the other 6 or so that have aired in the queue. Reading your post gets me pretty stoked. Thanks for not spoiling anything.

I couldn't possibly even begin to spoil what transpired last night haha. For reference, when you're catching up, it's Episode 8 that I'm referring to. It's like Lynch merged with Kubrick and they dropped acid and had the world's worst trip.

So good.

yyzjohn

Banned
Dreger is such a dink. Today on the radio he's said that from his "sources" coming from NY the Leafs never actually offered a 1st round pick for the proposed Hamonic deal. Previous to this he was reporting they were offering a first. Great insider work there Dregs!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
One of the Flyers writers thinks they're going to go after Bernier.

ftIvm5i.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It shatters the wall, continues in a straight line transcending time and space, doubles back on itself and asks "got a light?"

Man you are in for a wild ride and a hell of a treat.

I couldn't possibly even begin to spoil what transpired last night haha. For reference, when you're catching up, it's Episode 8 that I'm referring to. It's like Lynch merged with Kubrick and they dropped acid and had the world's worst trip.

So good.

Yeah it was pretty amazing. I can see a lot of people not liking it, but it spoke to my sensibilities.

It so unpredictable and you never know what you are going to see next.

Ryan Rishaug‏Verified account
@TSNRyanRishaug
My understanding is Oil would like to bring Gryba back, have had some early discussions. His size/grit will draw some interest from others.

This train never stops.

Cake Boss

Banned
@PierreVLeBrun: Pending UFA Dmitry Kulikov played for Guy Boucher in Drummondville... Wouldn't be surprised if the Sens reached out this week to chat...

Wouldn't be opposed to that if he's cheap.

Either him or B.Smith or Cody Franson.

Pls don't touch Girardi or Alzner.

Cake Boss

Banned
@PierreVLeBrun: Have confirmed this with Bill Daly just now: There is no blanket rule prohibiting a team from re-acquiring player lost in exp draft already

@PierreVLeBrun: So, for example, as it relates to Marc Methot: there is no rule prohibiting the Senators from trying to trade back for him this week...

😮

PHANEUF FOR METHOT!!

Top Bottom