• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Melnyk has already said that he's gonna be backing up the money truck for Karlsson's next contract.

So a "blank check"? :)

Seriously I'm not worried about EK contract, i am more worried about what(if any) other casualties on the roster to make cap room and/or "budget room".

Silexx

So a "blank check"? :)

Seriously I'm not worried about EK contract, i am more worried about what(if any) other casualties on the roster to make cap room and/or "budget room".

Yep, that's always been the dangers of budget teams. It's not that they can't resign their stars, it's that they end up not being able to keep the middle guys that make $3-$5 million.

Solo

Uhh don't do that, don't use that 8m cap space for a fucking contract dump

I guess Galchenyuk is a winger for this season

Well, at least the upside to this year's EPIC incoming failure is that BargainBin will finally be fired. Tethering his hopes and prayers on converting Drouin from a winger, not just to centre, but to a number one centre, will be the final nail in his coffin.

Marvie_3

Banned
lol does he even have one of those?
3ddSID2.jpg

Solo

I feel like a broken record at this point, but if AGally is a winger for now and forever, fine, but you have to put him at right wing. Why does no one in the entire Habs organization get that? He has the best one-timer on the team. Feed him those cross ice passes on his off wing and he'll score 30 again.

Instead it'll be another season at left wing, the worst spot for him.

Solo

That's fine, as long as the lines are

Pacioretty Drouin Galchenyuk
Lehkonen Danault Gallagher
Shaw Plekanec Hemsky
Hudon Mitchell Byron

You know this isn't going to happen.

It's going to be

Patches-Drouin-Gallagher
AGally-Danault-Hemsky

Book it. The continued misadventures of playing AGally in the worst slots possible. Plays better at centre? Too bad, he's going to play at wing! Plays better on the right? Too bad, he's going to play on the left!

We should just trade AGally and let the kid shine elsewhere, because the Habs are completely clueless.

Yep, that's always been the dangers of budget teams. It's not that they can't resign their stars, it's that they end up not being able to keep the middle guys that make $3-$5 million.

That's a problem even with unlimited money teams. Giving tons of money to your superstars limits your options for everyone else. Ottawa is just more susceptible due to the internal cap.

However letting Karlsson walk would result in the arena getting set on fire so I guess we will see.

Solo

That BargainBin interview was sickening. Low key Subban shade followed up by calling Rielly a stud. Calling Drouin "Joe" like they've been sucking each other off all off-season. Jesus.

Solo

No pressure, Joe. You're just a 22 year old hometown kid in the craziest hockey market there is. PS, I know you havent played it since junior, but we need you to be our first true 1C since Vincent Damphousse.

Loving regards,

Your pal Marc.

imBask

Banned
Jonathan is pronounced "Joe-nah-tahn" in french, hence the "Joe"

Also this is hopefully the last season with Bergevin in charge

Solo

Jonathan is pronounced "Joe-nah-tahn" in french, hence the "Joe"

Also this is hopefully the last season with Bergevin in charge

Might be the last half-season if they stumble out of the gate. We might all get the Christmas present of a new GM.

That BargainBin interview was sickening. Low key Subban shade followed up by calling Rielly a stud. Calling Drouin "Joe" like they've been sucking each other off all off-season. Jesus.

Not only is Rielly a stud, he's a better stud than NORRIS TROPHY WINNING PK SUBBAN.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Well, at least the upside to this year's EPIC incoming failure is that BargainBin will finally be fired. Tethering his hopes and prayers on converting Drouin from a winger, not just to centre, but to a number one centre, will be the final nail in his coffin.

Might be the last half-season if they stumble out of the gate. We might all get the Christmas present of a new GM.
Not sure why you think this is remotely possible, this team has finished with 100+ points 3 out of the last 4 seasons with the worst coach in the league. He just got the teams first legit french star player in how long? Molson must be loving this, doubt he really cares if they can't get to a final. The only way he would get the boot is if they missed the playoffs, which seems pretty unlikely.

Not only is Rielly a stud, he's a better stud than NORRIS TROPHY WINNING PK SUBBAN.
Best part about this is if PK was still a Hab and someone said he's better than Rielly, you would be all over how overrated PK is, and how underrated Rielly is.

imBask

Banned
Not sure why you think this is remotely possible, this team has finished with 100+ points 3 out of the last 4 seasons with the worst coach in the league. He just got the teams first legit french star player in how long? Molson must be loving this, doubt he really cares if they can't get to a final. The only way he would get the boot is if they missed the playoffs, which seems pretty unlikely.

Best part about this is if PK was still a Hab and someone said he's better than Rielly, you would be all over how overrated PK is, and how underrated Rielly is.

how is it unlikely? this is the worst defensive squad we've had since the 90s, and our attack also got worse somehow

This is the most "let's hope Price does everything" season of all time

Red_Man

how is it unlikely? this is the worst defensive squad we've had since the 90s, and our attack also got worse somehow
They have one of the best defensive coaches in the league with one of the best goalies in the world. In Molson's eyes, they're doing great unless you really believe he's obsessed with making the finals. More like he's content with them making the playoffs and getting a round of profit and moving on, he keeps saying "get into the playoffs and anything can happen". I think he's fully on board with Bergevin, would be shocked to see him removed unless like I said they miss the playoffs.

imBask

Banned
They have one of the best defensive coaches in the league with one of the best goalies in the world. In Molson's eyes, they're doing great unless you really believe he's obsessed with making the finals. More like he's content with them making the playoffs and getting a round of profit and moving on, he keeps saying "get into the playoffs and anything can happen".

oh I don't disagree with you on that, this team's stanley cup is "making the playoffs" and that will remain until people stop showing up. It's incredibly frustrating but we all know that

Red_Man

Caved into the Athletic, the Montreal team is just too good to pass up.

oh I don't disagree with you on that, this team's stanley cup is "making the playoffs" and that will remain until people stop showing up. It's incredibly frustrating but we all know that
That's what I'm saying, Molson seems very pleased with how things are going and not playing Galchenyuk at center isn't getting Bergevin fired as tiresome as it may be. Now they have Drouin that they can market the fuck out of and make even more money, Molson is probably loving life.

Red_Man

Bergevin said Juulsen is very close to being NHL ready, didn't realize they were that high on him.

Top Bottom