• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Pikma

Banned
Stars lines in morning skate

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Shore-Ritchie
Roussel-Dickinson-Pitlick
Caamano-Hintz-Gurianov

Lindell-Klingberg
Methot-Johns
Oleksiak-Honka

Bishop
McKenna

Looks decent on paper but will still lose tonight

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
foggy, what are you doin' in China?

DKDhzmRUIAAXhQk.jpg

BRING BACK THE FIREPUCK

Air conditioning either isnt on or doesnt work well enough to keep the humidity down.

It's a concert hall, they might not even HAVE proper AC. :lol

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds are playing a preseason doubleheader today that apparently won't be televised or streamed because small market.

What's an associate captain?

My understanding (read: someone explaining on Twitter) is that Ellis wears the A full time while the others rotate.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Drouin donating $500,000 over 10 years to the hospital and pledging to raise another $5 million over the same time period. Of note Patches was there with him as well as other Canadian officials and Serge Savard. When PK made his donation there was no one affiliated with the team at his press conference.

Drouin just donated money to the CHUM hospital in Montreal

Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu
Jonathan Drouin will act as ambassador for the CHUM, make a donation of $500,000 over 10 years and commits to raise another $5 million.

Quick

Banned
The A that alternates use stands for Alternate. Bothers me a little that people say “Assistant” or “Associate” captain, even media people say either one too.

In Dustin Brown’s case, it stands for A
cunt.

imBask

Banned
This is so sitcom-esque that I wouldn't even be surprised to see the team force Drouin to wear #76 and go heavy on the sun tan

Cake Boss

Banned
In the past, the Avs have shown a strong interest in Ottawa blue-liner Cody Ceci, but the Senators look at him as one of their building blocks on defence and Dorion has been reticent to make that kind of deal.

Apparently they want Ceci, and were not giving him up????

AHHHHHHHHJHHHJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, so Preds-Panthers is streaming (in-market, of course)

Fiala-Kamenev-Smith
Richard-Jarnkrok-Arvidsson
McLeod-Pettersson-Moy
Labrie-Kirkland-Army

Emelin-Subban
Ekholm-Allard
???-???

Foggy

https://theathletic.com/105519/2017...magic-moment-for-a-hardworking-camp-prospect/

Koules has almost zero chance of playing for the Blue Jackets this season. He has an AHL contract without an NHL provision, meaning it will be a good season if he sticks with the Cleveland Monsters and avoids being demoted to the East Coast Hockey League.

In the past two seasons, he’s played for Quad City, Wichita, Atlanta and Tulsa of the ECHL and Ontario (Cal.) and Cleveland of the AHL.

“There are times, when you’re playing in the ECHL, where you think, ‘This is fun, but maybe (the dream) is not going to happen,' ” Koules said.

“But you get here in these surroundings and you’re like, ‘Wow, I’m closer than I thought.’ This helps keep the dream alive.”

Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella said there were two players in the lineup tonight who, at the start of camp, were not expected to see the ice in preseason games.

Koules was one of them. He arrived in Columbus five weeks before training camp started (major brownie points), and has been one of the most competitive players early in camp.

“He deserves this game,” Tortorella said. “He’s had a really good camp. I hope he has fun and I hope he plays well.”

There’s a funny back story to all of this. If Tortorella were a lesser man, the back story would not have worked in Miles Koules’ favor, at all. He might not even be at camp.

Koules’ father, Oren, is a Hollywood producer of the Saw psycho-slasher horror movie series as well as the TV sit-com Two And A Half Men.

In 2008, he became an NHL owner when he purchased the Tampa Bay Lightning. Tortorella was the Lightning coach, but not for long after Koules bought the club.

“He fired me,” Tortorella said.

Told that Koules denied a role in the firing, Tortorella brightened. “Oh, that’s bullshit. You can tell Oren he’s full of shit.”

#magicmoment

Yawnier

Banned
No one knows for sure.

Maybe he's just taking a break. He was doing the podcast all summer wasn't he?

edit: or maybe it's dead?

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/910154901895790593

Well I would have thought that if he was taking a break he would have told everyone via social media which is why I find it strange. Makes me wonder if he had an interview or something with a NHL team for an analytics position and he has to keep quiet? Who knows

Top Bottom