• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

imBask

Banned
Sergachev for Drouin y/n?

there's a real argument to be made about that trade. Here's mine : one was drafted by Trevor Timmins, the other wasn't

calder

McKenzie thinks the Bolts will trade Drouin for a top pairing D

Tyler Myers for Drouin. We'll throw in a second because we're nice people.

We don't need a forward we also need help at defence but who cares Drouin and Ehlers reunited 😍

Solo

Sergachev for Drouin y/n?

there's a real argument to be made about that trade. Here's mine : one was drafted by Trevor Timmins, the other wasn't

I'd love Drouin's talent, but I can't shake the feeling that a french player playing in Montreal, with noted attitude problems, would be a trainwreck.

But if we got a Drouin who had matured a bit.....maybe yes. You're trading potential for a known commodity, and the Habs need offense badly.

Foggy

Wouldn't the Habs be robbing Peter to pay Paul? I thought Sergyachev was a blessing because the defensive prospect pool was shallow.

imBask

Banned
Wouldn't the Habs be robbing Peter to pay Paul? I thought Sergyachev was a blessing because the defensive prospect pool was shallow.

They said he was ready for the NHL and clearly wasn't, an apparently had an ok year in the minors but was also scratched a couple of games. And he was drafted by Timmins, I have 0 faith he's going to be anything more than a #6-7 because of that

Cactus

Banned
Would Tampa really make that deal? Even if we ignore Drouin and Sergachev's perceived trade value, that would be more of a rebuild move rather than a get back in the playoffs move.

Solo

Maybe....but I'm more of the mindset that potential is just that...... potential. Sergachev could become a #1D, but as we know the road of player development is long and fraught with peril. For example, Galchenyuk projected as our #1C, and now he'll be entering his 6th season as probably our second line left winger. And he may never get to centre. And if he does, at this point it's likely as a #2 tops.

Drouin is a known NHL commodity by comparison to Sergachev. And on top of that, our biggest team need is scoring. So yeah, I'd give a Sergachev for Drouin trade some serious thought for sure.

ZeroGravity

Would Tampa really make that deal? Even if we ignore Drouin and Sergachev's perceived trade value, that would be more of a rebuild move rather than a get back in the playoffs move.
I can't imagine he'll be traded for anything less than an established NHL defenseman. It would be a Hall/Larsson type of deal.

Foggy

Considering Tampa's cap situation, I could see them trading for a near-ready defensive prospect if they thought it was surefire.

Cake Boss

Banned
Top pairing dman are scarce as fuck right now, barely any team has a #1 Dman, let alone 2 of them so they can give one way to Tampa.

Most likely he's going to get a youngish 2nd pairing dman hoping to project as a #1.

Socreges

Banned
I can't imagine he'll be traded for anything less than an established NHL defenseman. It would be a Hall/Larsson type of deal.
Chris Tanev!

In his prime, similar production to Larsson but even better defensively...

He's also on a great contract for 3 more years. Downside is he's coming off a disappointing, injury-plagued season

Yawnier

Banned
HOT SCOOP from this morning's french radio show :

When Therrien left and Julien came in, they had to throw everything away from the coach's office and repaint everything because everything smelled like cigarettes. Not even joking
That's greasy as hell

Galchenyuk for Tyler Johnson

Make it a bigger move

Galchenyuk and Sergachev for Drouin and Johnson maybe throw in another player like Hudon

Also Zaitsev for 7 years, 4.5M for Leafs. I still think this is a very bad contract. If he's not playing well in 3 years out of the 7 year contract, what then?

imBask

Banned
Emelin plays 100 games in the NHL after playing in the KHL, gets 4M a year, we regret that contract ever since

Zaitsev plays 82 games in the NHL after playing in the KHL, gets 4.5M a year, [...]?

Cactus

Banned
Probably two years too many, but he showed that he's a capable puck-mover that can handle tough NHL competition.

Ben Smith contract means that Martin will not be exposed.

yyzjohn

Banned
Still, I don't think he's worth the term for that long. If it was 5 years then I'd be indifferent about it. 7 seems too much

Could go one of 2 ways, either he excels and the contract is viewed as a steal in 3 years, or he's a bust and it's a bad contract. Given that he only turns 26 in October, I think it's a decent move, he should have some good years left in him unless he totally falls off the cliff.

Term and price seems fine to me. It's under 5m and he'll be 33 when he's a UFA.

edit: Ben Smith too?

Oh, might be just for the expansion draft.

Cake Boss

Banned
C-1k8VfXsAEamhS.jpg

Can someone tell me in the zroid community if this is good?

yyzjohn

Banned

I'm not unemployed or smuggling cigarettes across the border
I don't eat Pepsi and May West for breakfast (*)
I don't watch da hockey game doing it doggie-style
And no, I don't know Claude, Manon, or François in Abitibi-Témiscamingue (*)
But I'm sure they all have nice teeth

I smoke in church
I speak Québecois in joual, not French or English
I pronounce it "tird", not third
And eating French fries with cheese makes sense, mon ostie,
I believe in a distinct society, as long as someone else pays for it
I believe in language-police, not equal rights
And, calisse, I believe that Club Super-Sex is an appropriate place
for my wife and me to celebrate our anniversaire
What the hell, she goes on at ten anyway

In Québec, the Stanley Cup actually comes around more often than
Halley's comet
I can get beer at the dépanneur, not the convenience store
And maybe I can't turn right on a red light
But tabarnak, I can go right through it
Because Québec is the world's largest producer of maple syrup
The home of Céline Dion and Roch Voisine
The land where everybody is shacking up and the legal drinking age is
just a suggestion

Je m'appelle Guy, and I am not Canadian

Mot, t'a dit, tabarnak, ostie.
Merci, salut la vedette

PillarEN

I just take it that the territories have so many smokers because there is nothing to do there and many are probably miserable? Or am I being too mean?

Top Bottom