• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

ibnkreYLMa4B4x.png

MacAttack

Tuukka Rask everybody.

Give the man a hand.

He had a better playoff GAA and sv% than Tim Thomas in 2011.

Obviously a tough goal to lose on, but his body of work has earned a three year contract at market value* to hold the position until Subban** is ready.

* $5-6 million max.
**Hopefully Subban*** is ready in three years
***or Svedberg****
**** /depth

I feel like this belongs in the offseason thread but fuck it.

Quick

Banned
I was out the entire time, but I'm happy to see the Hawks we . Congrats to Chicago.

More importantly, I'm just glad it's all over and we can move on to the draft.

Smash88

Banned
Congrats Blackhawks. Better than the Bruins winning, that's for sure.

Hopefully next year the Pens can step it up and just wipe up the floor.

RE: The Montage

Meh this year. Nothing will beat 2010 with "Tonight, Tonight".

Still floors me how they are able to make that thing and have it good to go, with highlights from the game THAT NIGHT, and edit it and have it ready and it's so well made. The music with the timing alone must be hell.

Holy crap.

Handzus was apparently playing with a broken wrist and a torn MCL (and his age). Hossa was playing a (possibly severe) back problem. Bickell was playing through a Grade 2 knee sprain. Toews was playing with a rattled brain.

Bergeron had a broken rib, torn cartilage and muscles in his ribs and a separated shoulder. Horton was playing with a buggered shoulder. Jagr with old age and whatever the hell he was battling in Game 6. Chara was apparently hurt.

I love hockey because of shit like that. The players that make up such an incredible league are some of the toughest people out there.

Holy crap.

Handzus was apparently playing with a broken wrist and a torn MCL (and his age). Hossa was playing a (possibly severe) back problem. Bickell was playing through a Grade 2 knee sprain. Toews was playing with a rattled brain.

Bergeron had a broken rib, torn cartilage and muscles in his ribs and a separated shoulder. Horton was playing with a buggered shoulder. Jagr with old age and whatever the hell he was battling in Game 6. Chara was apparently hurt.

I love hockey because of shit like that. The players that make up such an incredible league are some of the toughest people out there.

I seriously doubt the handzus torn MCL thing but everyone else has been more or less confirmed.

Oh and hockey players put NFL players to shame with what injuries they have and still play through. Hockey puck to the upper cheekbones that cuts you open in two places and you bleed out the rest of the game and still play? I SAY THIS MAN(SHAW) HAS BALLS OF STEEL.

I seriously doubt the handzus torn MCL thing but everyone else has been more or less confirmed.

Well, a few people from TSN mentioned it after they were talking with a few players so we'll see. He was definitely playing with an injury in the knee area. Regardless, tough as shit players on both teams.

Einbroch

Banned
God damn my Facebook is blowing up...

All from people who have never posted anything about hockey or the Hawks, ever. From Chicago.

God damn my Facebook is blowing up...

All from people who have never posted anything about hockey or the Hawks, ever. From Chicago.

Yeah, i hear ya on that but i have one friend in particular that is too proud to lie about being a fan of whatever and will tell it like it is, even tonight. She posted in the midst of everyone shouting about the hawks, *THANK GOD HOCKEY IS OVER, NOW WE CAN GET TO FOOTBALL*. I appreciate the real talk.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, i hear ya on that but i have one friend in particular that is too proud to lie about being a fan of whatever and will tell it like it is, even tonight. She posted in the midst of everyone shouting about the hawks, *THANK GOD HOCKEY IS OVER, NOW WE CAN GET TO FOOTBALL*. I appreciate the real talk.
Real talk, fuck your friend and football.

Socreges

Banned
Holy crap.

Because It's The *

Top Bottom