• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Vargavinter

Huzzah! I got my package in the mail today! :D

iwxoLyf.jpg

ysI0u8g.jpg

wUyW1zN.jpg

:(

Cbajd5

My Amazon.de tracking number is still useless. Either DHL has some of the worst tracking ever, or something is wrong The suspense is killing me here.

mines doesn't even have one...

As far as I can tell, the Amazon page is the only place you can check for tracking status until it reaches your country. Then the DHL tracking becomes available. I'm basing this off of my order of Jam With the Band, which is now in Secaucus, NJ, and the only tracking the DHL page shows is since it's been in NJ. The Amazon page lists Croydon as a stop over before getting to NJ. It took 6 days to get to Croydon since Amazon.de shipped it, and then five days to get from Croydon to Secaucus, NJ. And DHL is giving me a USPS number on the tracking page for Jam With the Band, so I think they're handing it over to them next.

As far as I can tell, the Amazon page is the only place you can check for tracking status until it reaches your country. Then the DHL tracking becomes available. I'm basing this off of my order of Jam With the Band, which is now in Secaucus, NJ, and the only tracking the DHL page shows is since it's been in NJ. The Amazon page lists Croydon as a stop over before getting to NJ. It took 6 days to get to Croydon since Amazon.de shipped it, and then five days to get from Croydon to Secaucus, NJ. And DHL is giving me a USPS number on the tracking page for Jam With the Band, so I think they're handing it over to them next.

i don't even have a tracking page, it says No information for delivery. :(

nasos_333

Still not able to track the delivery from Germany, the number does not return anything in the UPS site

Strange stuff, hopefully all goes well

Otherwise i will have the two familiar codes, but no game to use them on :)

Cbajd5

i don't even have a tracking page, it says No information for delivery. :(

Still not able to track the delivery from Germany, the number does not return anything in the UPS site

You're checking on the amazon.de website, right? By clicking the "Lieferung verfolgen" button in the shipping e-mail? That tells me mine was in Croydon, and based on my Jam With the Band order, is now on it's way to the US.

Like I said, the DHL tracking number probably won't give you any information until it gets to your country, or at least that's the case for my order of Jam With the Band.

Mudron

I emailed Namco Bandai's customer service to ask about when the Prima guides may be reprinted, and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are aware of a statement made from Namco Bandai regarding this offer
to customers affected by this issue. When details of this offer are
finalized, someone will be in touch with you via email more information.
We do not have any additional information at this time.
Please check your inbox from time to time. If you do not receive an
email from us, please check your junk or spam mail filters.

We appreciate your patience."

Sincerely,
Namco Bandai US Online Store
Customer Service
namcobandai.en.cs@digitalriver.com

I'll be shocked if any of us get guides before we've all moved onto other games and the guides themselves are then practically worthless.

Good job, Namco & Digital River.

Sushigod7

I'll be shocked if any of us get guides before we've all moved onto other games and the guides themselves are then practically worthless.

Yup my thoughts exactly glad I have the guide already and I didn't wait for these guys to ship it. My guess is if rumor is true Prima would have to reprint a run then get to DR then they have to send out? Hahaha yeah right DR will probably miss half of us affected and not even ship them. Then when you inquire they will say either "we ran out of stock" or "we have no record of such promotion"

Yup my thoughts exactly glad I have the guide already and I didn't wait for these guys to ship it. My guess is if rumor is true Prima would have to reprint a run then get to DR then they have to send out? Hahaha yeah right DR will probably miss half of us affected and not even ship them. Then when you inquire they will say either "we ran out of stock" or "we have no record of such promotion"

they'll probably hand out a coupon like what they did last time, except for a much smaller amount

froliq

It really is a shame that the wizards edition box is such a poor quality. Not sure about the US one. And I even live in Europe, but my EU one that was ordered from a national online store even didn't make it to my place without damage.

I emailed Namco Bandai's customer service to ask about when the Prima guides may be reprinted, and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are aware of a statement made from Namco Bandai regarding this offer
to customers affected by this issue. When details of this offer are
finalized, someone will be in touch with you via email more information.
We do not have any additional information at this time.
Please check your inbox from time to time. If you do not receive an
email from us, please check your junk or spam mail filters.

We appreciate your patience."

Sincerely,
Namco Bandai US Online Store
Customer Service
namcobandai.en.cs@digitalriver.com

This breaks my heart so much. It's so SO hard to not want to take it out on the game, but in anger and frustration and heartbreak, you're looking for someone to hate. It's not like you can easily say no to the game all together, but how else are you supposed to show your dissatisfaction and disgust.

Fusebox

Banned
I have grave concerns about my Fishpond order.

"Hi, could someone please give me an update on my order as this game has now been released everywhere but mine still hasn't shipped yet."

"Thank you for your enquiry and order at Fishpond.com.au

The item you are referring to is being sent to you directly from our supplier and has an estimated delivery time-frame of 10-20 days. We estimate this item will ship by 15/02/13."

Hmmm....

crpav

iwxoLyf.jpg

ysI0u8g.jpg

wUyW1zN.jpg

That, that right there is unacceptable but as paying consumers what can we do? something needs to be done. We pay good money and this crap happens because products are not packaged properly or with care and protection and shipping companies treat the packages like crap.

I have grave concerns about my Fishpond order.

"Hi, could someone please give me an update on my order as this game has now been released everywhere but mine still hasn't shipped yet."

"Thank you for your enquiry and order at Fishpond.com.au

The item you are referring to is being sent to you directly from our supplier and has an estimated delivery time-frame of 10-20 days. We estimate this item will ship by 15/02/13."

Hmmm....
What I understand it as is that they have ordered a shipment from UK, or wherever, that is being sent to their supplier and will arrive to them on the 15th. Then from there they send it to you. So far all this anxiety about Fishpond is misguided, unless they have cancelled the order nothing here is out of the ordinary. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I received a package from them in the mail yesterday that was is perfect condition, unfortunately it wasn't for me.

I'm re-asking this in regards to the guide:

http://www.bookdepository.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-White-Witch-UK-Howard-Grossman/9780307897145

http://www.bookdepository.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-White-Witch-Prima-Games/9780307895981

Does anyone know what the deal with the difference is here? I pre-ordered that guide in the second link but the one above it appeared for straight order today. But according to the info its smaller/missing pages? Seems odd.

Replicant

iwxoLyf.jpg

ysI0u8g.jpg

wUyW1zN.jpg

Amazon packaging is the WORST. I'm not even kidding. It really is. Except for Steelbooks. And the only reason they started changing their packaging for Steelbook lately is because people have been returning damaged steelbooks. Otherwise they wouldn't have done shit. Obviously they now got the message that Steelbook buyers do not want shitty packaging on their expensive purchases. So if you want anything done, complain. Give them negative points for packaging and next time you get shitty packaging again, return it to them (since you can't do it with this due to limited edition item and all).

I mean FFS, even some eBay sellers have better packaging than Amazon.

BosSin

What I understand it as is that they have ordered a shipment from UK, or wherever, that is being sent to their supplier and will arrive to them on the 15th. Then from there they send it to you. So far all this anxiety about Fishpond is misguided, unless they have cancelled the order nothing here is out of the ordinary. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I received a package from them in the mail yesterday that was is perfect condition, unfortunately it wasn't for me.
*bro hug*
Thanks man you eased my concerns slightly

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The Standard Edition its back on Namco, sadly with the $20 off coupon, and cheap delivery its $50 total >.>

Wow. I would rather pay an additional ~10 bucks on Amazon and get faster and cheaper shipping than deal with Digital River with a $20 coupon.

Sushigod7

The Standard Edition its back on Namco, sadly with the $20 off coupon, and cheap delivery its $50 total >.>

Oh man what a joke you can still get it on Amazon with the Griffy familiar for $59. That coupon is such a slap in the face. I have to stop reading this thread fucking DR.

nasos_333

You're checking on the amazon.de website, right? By clicking the "Lieferung verfolgen" button in the shipping e-mail? That tells me mine was in Croydon, and based on my Jam With the Band order, is now on it's way to the US.

Like I said, the DHL tracking number probably won't give you any information until it gets to your country, or at least that's the case for my order of Jam With the Band.

No, just putting the number in the Global DHL site

Maybe it is liek you said, will be visible after it arrives in US

Also they gave me a date of 22 February for arrival, which means it may not leave Germany for many more days

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
That, that right there is unacceptable but as paying consumers what can we do? something needs to be done. We pay good money and this crap happens because products are not packaged properly or with care and protection and shipping companies treat the packages like crap.
God, how hard would it be to just put some bubble wrap around that box.

Delivery guys just treat them like shit. I work from home and I often hear them just chuck stuff up near the door without even knocking to see if someone's home.

kerrak

Do you know how a tracking code is expected to look like? My zavvi order was dispatched 6 days ago with international tracking Delivery (from UK to Spain). Tracking number is only 6 numbers long XXXXXX, and trackmail.co.uk doesn't recognize it.
Queried Zavvi, and guess what? No answer.
Anybody in a similar case or previous experience with zavvi on what i should expect?

Any way to figure out tracking on the amazon.de order? Im in the states and ordered the WE, it has shipped but when I put in the tracking info- nothing comes up.

Vargavinter

Complain to a rep, make them refund you for damage. I got $7 back for my damaged strategy guide.

I was in contact with Amazon and they gave ma a 8.5£ refund, I would rather have a new copy but since they are all out of stock and they didn't know if they would be getting any more I felt that I didn't want to take any chances of sending it back and later getting a apology that they couldn't provide a new one. But yeah, I feel kind of down. Never had any problems with Amazon before, I ordered tons of stuff and never had anything damage in the mail. To bad that this is the first real "Limited" game that is really "Limited" were the packaging is this bad and the postal workers played hacky sack with it. :/

my wizard edition arrived yesterday from amazon!
YES!
Played 3 hours and game seems nice...
on a sad note...... eu wizard edition feels REALLY, REALLY cheap after watching us wizard edition unboxing... like "why am i paying so much for paper thin cover?"... even LE game has the inside cover of the game in black&white.... cmon..

hiro4

my wizard edition arrived yesterday from amazon!
YES!
Played 3 hours and game seems nice...
on a sad note...... eu wizard edition feels REALLY, REALLY cheap after watching us wizard edition unboxing... like "why am i paying so much for paper thin cover?"... even LE game has the inside cover of the game in black&white.... cmon..

yeah I agree.
I was quite disappointed with the EU Wizard's Edition. The book is a nice touch, just as the pluche, but I kinda regret paying 55 pounds for it.

I expected the book to be bigger, not in pages but in size, also.

zoukka

People will forever buy those crappy limited editions even though they have all the info about them ready to be looked at. Why...

That is not a value in itself if the extra stuff is not good enough?

It depends: for a collector part of the deal is to have something someone else doesn't have, so that his or her collection is valued higher than that of someone else. Limited editions are perfect for this because per definition not all collectors can have them.

(Personally, I just want the game and the book.)

Eusis

People will forever buy those crappy limited editions even though they have all the info about them ready to be looked at. Why...
Because some people value being able to look at it in a physical book, especially as the original game was designed around that even if this game largely shed that? There's worse, more blatant money grab LEs out there to call crappy and be baffled about people wanting, like the Hyrule Historia one. Faux leather cover and gold trimmed pages, you pay a lot more but don't actually GET any new content.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-White-Witch-UK-Howard-Grossman/9780307897145

http://www.bookdepository.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-White-Witch-Prima-Games/9780307895981

Does anyone know what the deal with the difference is here? I pre-ordered that guide in the second link but the one above it appeared for straight order today. But according to the info its smaller/missing pages? Seems odd.[/QUOTE]

Strange.... I ordered the one in the first link. The second link? Never seen it until now. But you're right...what about the 16 missing pages?

edit: On amazon.com There only is one book and the ISBN numbers are the same compared to the numbers in the second link. I wonder what book I will receive then :D

Uthred

Do you know how a tracking code is expected to look like? My zavvi order was dispatched 6 days ago with international tracking Delivery (from UK to Spain). Tracking number is only 6 numbers long XXXXXX, and trackmail.co.uk doesn't recognize it.
Queried Zavvi, and guess what? No answer.
Anybody in a similar case or previous experience with zavvi on what i should expect?

Mine was supposedly dispatched to Ireland last Thursday/Friday I too got a tracking order that trackmail doesnt recognise. Still hasnt arrived (well might be there when I get home from work). Queried it with Zavvi, shockinly no reply yet.

Does anyone know what the deal with the difference is here? I pre-ordered that guide in the second link but the one above it appeared for straight order today. But according to the info its smaller/missing pages? Seems odd.

Strange.... I ordered the one in the first link. The second link? Never seen it until now. But you're right...what about the 16 missing pages?

edit: On amazon.com There only is one book and the ISBN numbers are the same compared to the numbers in the second link. I wonder what book I will receive then :D

Waiting for my copy from WH Smiths as they were slightly cheaper, but on backorder too :(

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/Products/N...as-Official-Game-Guide+Hardback+9780307897145

£12.79

daevv

Wizard Edition update: After no updates on my tracking number since Jan 29th (ordered Jan 17 on the Namco store) it finally got an update today showing delayed due to weather and will be dropped off tomorrow! I'll be home till 4pm tomorrow. Fingers crossed for good condition and no UPS fees. I phoned and they said there was none but I won't believe it till I get it.

Seems like, logically, it could only be a worse version of it but who knows. However, they seem to have removed the ability to order the cheaper one now and extended the time to releasing the "real" one again.

Top Bottom