• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

What ever happened to them sending those of us who got screwed a free strategy guide? I haven't seen anything from digital river or namco.

Dwayne

What ever happened to them sending those of us who got screwed a free strategy guide? I haven't seen anything from digital river or namco.

from the previous page
I emailed Namco Bandai's customer service to ask about when the Prima guides may be reprinted, and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are aware of a statement made from Namco Bandai regarding this offer
to customers affected by this issue. When details of this offer are
finalized, someone will be in touch with you via email more information.
We do not have any additional information at this time.
Please check your inbox from time to time. If you do not receive an
email from us, please check your junk or spam mail filters.

We appreciate your patience."

Sincerely,
Namco Bandai US Online Store
Customer Service
namcobandai.en.cs@digitalriver.com

I'll be shocked if any of us get guides before we've all moved onto other games and the guides themselves are then practically worthless.

Good job, Namco & Digital River.

TheBear

yeah I agree.
I was quite disappointed with the EU Wizard's Edition. The book is a nice touch, just as the pluche, but I kinda regret paying 55 pounds for it.

I expected the book to be bigger, not in pages but in size, also.

Wait so there's a difference between EU and US Wizards edition?
What's the issue?

zeopower6

Wait so there's a difference between EU and US Wizards edition?
What's the issue?

Yes.

North American version: Book, coin, soundtrack sampler with two tracks, Drippy plushie, 2 DLC Familiars, 5 art prints

European version: Book, Drippy plushie, 2 DLC Familiars

However, getting all those extra goodies was NOT worth the trouble that it caused. Europe was able to get the Wizard's Edition in a bunch of retail stores like Amazon and press a whole lot more copies because they didn't have a pre-order incentive program where they would add things via a "Ni no Starter" campaign. Because they wanted to do the Kickstarter-like campaign, they had to do it through Club Namco (basically Digital River's store for Namco Bandai) which resulted in this mess. I wish we knew how many people actually preordered back in the summer because having that number of Facebook fans there was soooo misleading to people.

tha_devil

Complain to a rep, make them refund you for damage. I got $7 back for my damaged strategy guide.

I still dont understand why companies do not use bubblewrap (environment?). Im lucky that my WE from amazon arrived pristine, but it didnt have any protection inside the box!

NIS AMERICA (which i always support by buying every CE from them). Always package very good in a thick layer of bubble wrap!

phants

Anybody in a similar case or previous experience with zavvi on what i should expect?

I've only ordered from Zavvi once before; it took 9 months (in which time I engaged in emails too numerous to count, multiple faxes and phone calls) to get my money back for an item which simply never arrived.

I will never, ever deal with them (or any of their affiliated companies) ever again. I'd literally rather use Digital River (despite being one of many who missed out on their WE as a result of that company's ineptitude.)

I know that's not what you want to hear :/

TheBear

Yes.

North American version: Book, coin, soundtrack sampler with two tracks, Drippy plushie, 2 DLC Familiars, 5 art prints

European version: Book, Drippy plushie, 2 DLC Familiars

However, getting all those extra goodies was NOT worth the trouble that it caused. Europe was able to get the Wizard's Edition in a bunch of retail stores like Amazon and press a whole lot more copies because they didn't have a pre-order incentive program where they would add things via a "Ni no Starter" campaign. Because they wanted to do the Kickstarter-like campaign, they had to do it through Club Namco (basically Digital River's store for Namco Bandai) which resulted in this mess. I wish we knew how many people actually preordered back in the summer because having that number of Facebook fans there was soooo misleading to people.

Thanks for that, but the poster before mentioned a difference in quality in the book. Is it a noticeable difference? Sounds like it's missing out on a fair bit also.

zeopower6

Thanks for that, but the poster before mentioned a difference in quality in the book. Is it a noticeable difference? Sounds like it's missing out on a fair bit also.

As far as I know the book is the same for everyone. They might be talking about the strategy guide which in the UK (paperback version) has less pages or something than the NA one which is hardcover with an embossed logo.

This is the issue of having an actual book encyclopedia and a guide, a lot of people mix the two up.

kerrak

I've only ordered from Zavvi once before; it took 9 months (in which time I engaged in emails too numerous to count, multiple faxes and phone calls) to get my money back for an item which simply never arrived.

I will never, ever deal with them (or any of their affiliated companies) ever again. I'd literally rather use Digital River (despite being one of many who missed out on their WE as a result of that company's ineptitude.)

I know that's not what you want to hear :/

You're wrong. This is exactly what i want to know. The reality behind this company if things go wrong. I'm still confident i can receive my WE without problem, but rest assured it's the last time i order from them.

Erehael

Neo Member
You're wrong. This is exactly what i want to know. The reality behind this company if things go wrong. I'm still confident i can receive my WE without problem, but rest assured it's the last time i order from them.

Hey, I'm in the same position regarding zavvi.
First I received an email telling me that the order has been dispatched.
A day later I receive another email telling me that they are "experiencing minor delays"..
The tracking number they gave me is not recognized by Trackmail.co.uk.

Please let me know if you hear anything from them.

iammeiam

Anyone still waiting for their Amazon.de Order? Mine will aparently Deliver on the 20th of February :/

I think most if not all US orders from Amazon.de are waiting since it wouldn't let us upgrade shipping. Mine finally made it to Croydon yesterday, so it's touring Europe, but probably won't see it here before next weekend at the soonest.

Scamco just sent me a new email regarding the Ni No Kuni Guide that they're shipping to me cause of my WE cancellation. Said it should ship soon. Just glad they didn't forget Lol. I guess more people will be getting this email soon too, unless some got it a while ago already

Just got an email regarding the complimentary strategy guide.

Live is acting up so I can't copy & paste it at the moment, but it says they "expect to begin shipping the guides out the week of February 18th", and that "there is absolutely nothing additional you need to do to receive your strategy guide - it will simply be sent directly to you."
I'm pretty much already done with the game though, so whatever.

e: beaten of course

oh yeah !

Dear Customer:

NAMCO BANDAI would like to thank you for your patience while we diligently worked to gather all of the details surrounding the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition situation.

While it is unfortunate that we will not be able to send you a replacement Wizard’s Edition, you will however be receiving a Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide.

The 400-page, hard-bound strategy guide contains a full walk-through of the game, concept-art from Studio Ghibli, interviews with key members of the development team, and exclusive access to unlock the in-game Gold Hurly familiar.

We expect to begin shipping the guides out the week of February 18th. There is absolutely nothing additional you need to do to receive your strategy guide –it will simply be sent directly to you.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact NAMCO BANDAI’S customer service department at (408) 235-2222 or (888) 776-2626.

Sincerely,

NAMCO BANDAI Games America

the only bad thing that they'd ship it directly , i wished to have a chance to change my address to lower my fees from my end, but whatever

Apath

So turns out after screwing me out of a limited copy of the game that I ordered half a year in advance, they're sending me a free strategy guide to the game they didn't send me. Joy..

daevv

Wizard Edition update: After no updates on my tracking number since Jan 29th (ordered Jan 17 on the Namco store) it finally got an update today showing delayed due to weather and will be dropped off tomorrow! I'll be home till 4pm tomorrow. Fingers crossed for good condition and no UPS fees. I phoned and they said there was none but I won't believe it till I get it.

Finally got my WE today! It was not packed very well but survived with only a small corner dent! Was not charged anything extra either. Total $123.44

Quadratic

I just got the email from Namco about the strategy guide. Does anyone know yet if the DLC will work with the German version I bought from Amazon.de? If it's just a matter of account switching that shouldn't be a problem. However when I bought a French steelcase for FFXI-2 with DLC, the DLC didn't work with the NA version of the game.

Dwayne

I just got the email from Namco about the strategy guide. Does anyone know yet if the DLC will work with the German version I bought from Amazon.de? If it's just a matter of account switching that shouldn't be a problem. However when I bought a French steelcase for FFXI-2 with DLC, the DLC didn't work with the NA version of the game.

No, it won't work.

iammeiam

It won't work, but with an EU copy you shouldn't need the code anyway. Just log in to the EU store, and I believe Golden Hurley is one of the two free familiars. So you can get it with an EU copy, no code required.

Erehael

Neo Member
Hey, I'm in the same position regarding zavvi.
First I received an email telling me that the order has been dispatched.
A day later I receive another email telling me that they are "experiencing minor delays"..
The tracking number they gave me is not recognized by Trackmail.co.uk.

Please let me know if you hear anything from them.

Well, never mind that. I have just received a package from zavvi containing the collector's edition.. :)

Quadratic

It won't work, but with an EU copy you shouldn't need the code anyway. Just log in to the EU store, and I believe Golden Hurley is one of the two free familiars. So you can get it with an EU copy, no code required.

Thanks. I figured as much. I suppose I can throw those codes on ebay or maybe the B/S/T forum here.

The Wizard has landed.

Ordered from The Hut on July 12th. Longest preorder wait ever.

MdO5cX2.jpg

MVQ43vf.jpg

cQp6uJU.jpg

MrBS

Got that email too. I don't want it to be sent to me as I'll have to pay for the privilege of my mail forwarder to send it to me but no order number and email says I have to ring direct if I have any questions. Argh.

How was packaging, mate? I had an order on The Hut too. It seems yours arrived in top shape.

I wonder if mine will survive the trip through the Atlantic, hehe.

A cardboard box that was about the same size as the game box in length and width, but it could still move a little to the side. Air bubble wrap on top of the game box. That was about it.

Got you a (reconstruction) pic!

Sushigod7

Got an email about the free strategy guide, after I already bought one when it was already on same from Amazon for $23. Extra sealed copy I guess, they're sold out and selling for above face value on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Strategy-Gu..._nkw=ni+no+kuni&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Still waiting on my German WE. All things considered, this situation could be worse, I guess.

For now it's going for more but as soon as all of us get them and put them on ebay after fees we'll probably net $10.

A cardboard box that was about the same size as the game box in length and width, but it could still move a little to the side. Air bubble wrap on top of the game box. That was about it.

Got you a (reconstruction) pic!

Thanks for the pic, looks like they are using a sturdy box now, thank god. Last time they sent some games to me in a crappy box, it came so beat up that I thought dudes were using it as a soccer ball, lol

Ugh, screw whoever said Book Depository was a good place to get the guide and that they had it in stock was grossly wrong. It went from being published soon to completely unavailable and orders not shipped. I wasted all chance of getting it because I banked on them and now it looks like they were full of crap.

Ugh, screw whoever said Book Depository was a good place to get the guide and that they had it in stock was grossly wrong. It went from being published soon to completely unavailable and orders not shipped. I wasted all chance of getting it because I banked on them and now it looks like they were full of crap.

? Book Depository sent me my guide. I wonder what happened in order for that to occur.

? Book Depository sent me my guide. I wonder what happened in order for that to occur.

I ordered on Jan 25th when someone said it was available. It said on their page Pre Order and I asked here about their stock and someone assured me they had it even though it said Pre Order. Well, I kept checking my order and watching the count down for the publication date and my order always said Awaiting Publication. Well the count down is over, and now it says unavailable on the order page and my order is still stuck at Awaiting Publication. I have a feeling I'm not getting it.

Peagles

I ordered on Jan 25th when someone said it was available. It said on their page Pre Order and I asked here about their stock and someone assured me they had it even though it said Pre Order. Well, I kept checking my order and watching the count down for the publication date and my order always said Awaiting Publication. Well the count down is over, and now it says unavailable on the order page and my order is still stuck at Awaiting Publication. I have a feeling I'm not getting it.

Mine did that for awhile cos I think it sold out? Send them a message and ask them when it's going to ship. When I asked they said the date for stock was pushed back and that's why it wasn't sent yet/said it was waiting for publication.

Top Bottom