• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Got an email saying my order was cancelled because my card couldn't be authorized when there is ABSOLUTE funds in the account. Six months of waiting and this is how it ends, with THEIR fuck up. Unbelievable.

I got the aforementioned cancellation email...and they successfully charged my card.
They sent me a cancellation notice for an order that was cancelled in July. I cancelled it because the card was going to expire before the ship date. It freaked me out because I re-ordered in August with PayPal.

Hobbun

Got an email saying my order was cancelled because my card couldn't be authorized when there is ABSOLUTE funds in the account. Six months of waiting and this is how it ends, with THEIR fuck up. Unbelievable.

This is a mistake, DR is aware of it:

Just got off the phone with Digital River, the representative told me that the cancellation was a known issue and that they would be rectifying it within 24-48 hours. Twice during the call I asked if I would still be getting the product I ordered and she assured me both times that I would.
So all hope isn't lost for those who received that e-mail. Call them, be polite but firm and try to make sure everything it proper on their end aside from the cancellation "issue".

This came from Facebook.

Hobbun

I don't have a facebook, is there a number I can call?

And I appreciate you posting this but...who the hell is digital river lol

Digital River is the company handling the online orders and shipping of the game for NamcoBandai.

Here is the contact info:

To assist you in placing your order, you may contact customer service
at:

•US and Canada (toll-free within the US, MX and CA): 1-877-232-4588
866-585-3251 (Canada,US)
952-908-4150 (Iternational)

It should also be in your email.

Yeah, I paid with PayPal and they've had my money since August 4th, and they sent me a cancellation saying my credit card couldn't be charged.

If they don't get this resolved today, they better offer free download coupons for the game.

Dang, even orders paid via Paypal are presenting problems? People said that DR was awful, but I didn't think it was this bad.

I'm very concerned about this, because I paid via Paypal and had it sent to a friend's address in the US, as I don't live in the US.

At any rate, if things go wrong all there is left for me is to curse DR into oblivion and keep my backup european Wizard's Edition.

I have not get any cancellation E-Mail, but on the Website says

¨"SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive
Boxed Shipment"

Should I be worried?

IronRinn

Received the same cancellation email that others have received, saying my credit card could not be authorized, despite the fact that there are funds available and there is a pending charge from Digital River on my card. Going to give them a call in a few hours and, hopefully, get this straightened out.

¨"SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive
Boxed Shipment"

Should I be worried?

i just logged in and saw that too. I'm assuming they've changed the name of the product in the system so it can't be ordered again.

zeopower6

That is what happened. They changed the name of the product after it sold out a few days ago so everyone's order details were affected.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Boxed Shipment"

Should I be worried?

I think it's fine. They also added this if you try to View Invoice -

You will be able to retrieve your invoice – with a qualified electronic signature - as a pdf document in a few hours.

IronRinn

Just looked at my cancellation email again and it seems it is for a previous order I had had to cancel (in order to change my card info) when I first preordered back in July. So I guess they never actually cancelled it and just let it go until the authorization failed. Quite a system they have there.

Well as others have said I received the same CXL email from NB about my order being cancelled due to an authentication failure and just as others have said, after speaking with the lovely representatives it seems they are equally aware and frustrated with the situation. She said that they had not received ANY update for the US Client and that DR would be personally emailing customers with any new information.

Debit card just got billed for 117 dollars, very exciting although I had forgotten I chose what I assume is one day shipping? Or I might have been hit by tax, September was so long ago :D

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Hm I was checking my CC statements but I remembered I paid them already with Paypal back in August, so here's hoping something ships soon.

Debit card just got billed for 117 dollars, very exciting although I had forgotten I chose what I assume is one day shipping? Or I might have been hit by tax, September was so long ago :D

If you have Namco account:

1) go there: https://store.namcobandaigames.com;
2) log-in;
3) on upper right corner click "Help";
4) go to "My Order History" and copy order number;
5) go to "Has my order shipped?";
6) enter to order tab and click " View Invoice";

Dynamic3

Just looked at my cancellation email again and it seems it is for a previous order I had had to cancel (in order to change my card info) when I first preordered back in July. So I guess they never actually cancelled it and just let it go until the authorization failed. Quite a system they have there.

Ah, looks to be the same for me.

If you have Namco account:

1) go there: https://store.namcobandaigames.com;
2) log-in;
3) on upper right corner click "Help";
4) go to "My Order History" and copy order number;
5) go to "Has my order shipped?";
6) enter to order tab and click " View Invoice";

I get a server error for the invoice option. "Error Number: SYS_000001"
Oddly enough my order history has never had this in it, always used the number I got with my pre-order confirmation months ago to look it up. Also getting the "SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive" message in the order slot now so I certainly hope that's a common thing and not a "You're not getting the item you pre-ordered 4 months ago and we just charged you for"

OSHAN

They charged my card this morning. (NA version.) So, either they're in the process of stealing my money, or the game will be shipping soon.

I get a server error for the invoice option. "Error Number: SYS_000001"
Oddly enough my order history has never had this in it, always used the number I got with my pre-order confirmation months ago to look it up. Also getting the "SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive" message in the order slot now so I certainly hope that's a common thing and not a "You're not getting the item you pre-ordered 4 months ago and we just charged you for"

I have that too, but I can see my invoice without error. I can see invoices even for my cancelled orders.

Raw64life

I think it's fine. They also added this if you try to View Invoice -

I have the same, so I think no.

Came here worried about what the "SOLD OUT!" might mean. Glad to have my fears eased somewhat. My credit card has been charged although I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail or anything yet. Judging by what's happening in this thread I don't think I'm going to be comfortable until the thing is in my hands.

Sushigod7

I've been charged and the site now shoes "Order in Process" so looks like it's moving along. My guide from Amazon is delayed till Friday they say which makes no sense but oh well. Hope they resolve this whole cancellation issue what a pile of shit.

ys45

Well well , it seems i will be getting the WE after all, my CC got charged and my order is now processing at Bamco website .

So if i live in Canada should i expect a very long shipping time ?

I have seen a few comments a while back on this thread that worried me about DR ...

I have that too, but I can see my invoice without error. I can see invoices even for my cancelled orders.

Weird and somewhat frightening, been charged though so I certainly hope I'm in the clear.
Complete error I'm getting
Error:
We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.
Error Number: SYS_00000
Been getting this same error for weeks.

zeopower6

Avoid that error by checking your order at Findmyorder.com which is Digital River's site for invoices or whatever. It sounds sketchy but it works. Hope it helps.

SS4Rob

My credit card was charged this morning, but I don't see a status any more - it used to say "will ship after 1/22". I ordered on the 17th one minute before 10am and got my email confirmation 3 minutes after 10. Fingers crossed!

Avoid that error by checking your order at www.Findmyorder.com which is Digital River's site for invoices or whatever. It sounds sketchy but it works. Hope it helps.

This linked worked and allowed me to view my invoice, thanks!

"order in process" according to the namco bandai site.

My gf is the one who ordered it so idk if she got a cancellation email.

So far so good

Where do you see the status message? Even when I click the link for order status, it's how's me the same page for viewing the invoice.

Sealion88

Im getting the system error message also. this really really blows......... I pre ordered this in aug and now i won't even get a copy.

Man, the fact they will mail you your password in plaintext is pretty much 100% evidence of a poor security infrastructure on their end. Doesn't make me feel good that they've got stored CC #s either.

I got billed!!!!

i+wish+this+man+could+be+president+but+its+will+_48d8227c6a6be9196f07790dc8395f88.gif

Sushigod7

Man, the fact they will mail you your password in plaintext is pretty much 100% evidence of a poor security infrastructure on their end. Doesn't make me feel good that they've got stored CC #s either.
Once your order ships go in and delete that's what I'm doing as well.

Billed the full amount here as well. :D

Really regretting just getting only standard shipping now. I want this game so much. The hype, it's overwhelming.

chidrock

Hmmm...my card was charged, the invoice now says 1 boxed shipment and I don't see ships sometime after 1/22 mentioned anywhere...hope that means it's going out today. I paid extra for the next day air because I was hyped for it.

I ordered just under 2 hours after it opened back up on their site btw.

Billed the full amount here as well. :D

Really regretting just getting only standard shipping now. I want this game so much. The hype, it's overwhelming.

Difference between 2 and 3 day shipping was only 2$.
But no game form me until end of February. Why there is no WE in Ukraine, mail-forwarding is expensive and takes near 2-3 weeks in best timing.

Top Bottom