• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Magpul

Banned
God damn DR is fucking terrible. I cannot believe that Namco still uses these people after all this time. It makes no damn sense whatsoever. Go with Amazon and do it right, holy shit.

so digital river says the cancellation email was a mistake. my bank says they tried to charge me 4 times last nite but all 4 transactions were cancelled by the requestor. i have sufficient funds and digital river says they will attempt to chare me again within 24 hours and send me an email when i'm charged successfully.

jHQY0zo5henNh.png
I would imagine that you're getting a different page than the rest of us because you've had multiple orders.

I've only ever had one order and when I click on order history it takes me directly into what everyone else is seeing. Everything is propably OK but this is still a mess.

Animekatt

Weird, mine says "SOLD OUT!" right before Ni No Kuni, everything else is the same.

I had a customer service rep make a new order for me, since I wanted to change the shipping. Maybe the two descriptions are different between the self order, and the CS rep order.

khaaan

My order status says in progress but I haven't been charged yet :(
With all the screw ups going on I'm not going to be able to rest until the physical thing is in my hands.

Mature

Has anyone actually gotten a shipping confirmation email? And if so, was it reflected on their invoice/order info on the website?

FUUUUUUU apparently my CC was blocked and I just got an email from Namco-Bandai saying my order could not be charged and was cancelled -________________-

I'm not sure if this is standard procedure for all companies, but if not then Namco-Bandai can go to hell. Just terrible customer service.

Balb

FUUUUUUU apparently my CC was blocked and I just got an email from Namco-Bandai saying my order could not be charged and was cancelled -________________-

I'm not sure if this is standard procedure for all companies, but if not then Namco-Bandai can go to hell. Just terrible customer service.

This hasn't been "standard" in over 10 years. The website is a complete joke.

reson8or

I would call them immediately and try to give them the proper information. You may still get your order.

Toth

I ordered mine in September and I am getting the same message as everyone else.

However, my CC has not been charged. I am so confused. I better give them a call.

GringoJB

I wonder if my charge will still go through (it appears) even though I have the incorrect billing address since they could never update it, but is present on my naruto shippuden order.

This is *kinda* my situation. The checkout process messed up my city name, I called to have them correct it, and they told me it was all good. However, the correct city name never appeared online afterward (when I went to check back on my order). It's probably all good, but it makes me a little crazy :p

However, my card WAS successfully charged last night and my order is in process, so I assume all is well?

I would call them immediately and try to give them the proper information. You may still get your order.
I did. Called their # and was greeted by a machine. It just says there's no one available to take my call (CS hours are supposed to be 8:30am PT and it's currently 9:42am).

So pissed.

Doombear

This is all I got from them this morning:

"We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on January 03, 2013 (Order# ****). We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You will receive a shipping confirmation with an updated delivery estimate within the next business day, for the following item(s):"

No update since.

As long as it does still ship I refuse to get worried. Same story as you though, got the email, no update. Then again it does say the update will be in another business day. I can be patient, as long as that good news stays... and it is being shipped. =)

JoeFenix

I just got a message saying my CC was blocked and I can't find the number to call them.

Do they even have a phone support line? I'm pretty pissed off right now.

I did. Called their # and was greeted by a machine. It just says there's no one available to take my call (CS hours are supposed to be 8:30am PT and it's currently 9:42am).

So pissed.

The exact same thing happened to my friend - the card he original ordered on was canceled due to fraud since he made the order and he forgot to give them his new card details. Really sucks that they just give up and don't offer any recourse especially since they presumably have stock to sell you.

If you manage to get it sorted out I'd appreciate a PM so I can pass on some tips to my friend :)

Hobbun

checked my gf's email and no indication of anything. so i guess that's a good thing?

i'm not sure if she got charged yet though

It sounds like you could be in the same boat as myself. I have no email, but I know I’ve been billed. You could check the website to see if there is an update on your order.

I would do so, but it’s blocked here at work.

Weird, mine says "SOLD OUT!" right before Ni No Kuni, everything else is the same.

I have 3 orders:
Order Date Creation Date Status Order Amount

1/17/2013 1/17/2013 Order in Process $119.69 (Complete transaction)

8/28/2012 8/2/2012 Order Submitted $116.51 (Failed transaction)

7/29/2012 7/26/2012 Order Cancelled $116.51 (Canceled due to PayPal Ukrainian address)

First two have SOLD OUT and last (cancelled) without it. I think is just mark for their CS, that show when pre-order was made

Het_Nkik

Uh, I think I might be getting two of these?

I have two hold charges on my card right now, each different by about 30 cents.

These two different amounts match up to two of my orders, one of which was supposed to be cancelled.

But since my card was charged, or is about to be charged technically, for both, I guess one of them wasn't cancelled as it was supposed to be.

Animekatt

Unless they have another exclusive CE I want, I am avoiding NB's site, for sure.

I feel the same way, but at the same time, I'd like them to release a Tales of Xillia CE. It seems from now on, they will use their store to sell CEs in America unfortunately. ; ;

Nowhere. On the site you will see only order information and that's it. I ordered in June and paid in full via paypal so hopefully I don't get screwed but damn their service sucks balls. No status update. No email. Nothing.

Yeah same situation here. Nothing. :( I even just went and picked up a regular edition in case they F these things up.

guys just chillax. over the past days you've been so nervous over practically nothing. charged you on release date, will be there when it's ready. just chilllllll...go outside (if you're in canada) and do the snow angel or something.

Ordered 6/30.
A charge is pending on my card that showed up today.
No email about it being shipped though.
Can't access invoice to check.

That's where I'm at so far.

what would be the disaventage in ordering a EU version of the collector's edition rather than NA's, if you reside in North America? :p

just the DLC, right? since this will be region free?

Top Bottom