• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

what would be the disaventage in ordering a EU version of the collector's edition rather than NA's, if you reside in North America? :p

just the DLC, right? since this will be region free?

no art cards, can't use the golden dlcs, no soundtrack, no gold coin.

basically you only get the book and the doll.

guys just chillax. over the past days you've been so nervous over practically nothing. charged you on release date, will be there when it's ready. just chilllllll...go outside (if you're in canada) and do the snow angel or something.

No way. I have fictitious billing address (love my bank for not checking it on transactions), so if DR find that out...

what would be the disaventage in ordering a EU version of the collector's edition rather than NA's, if you reside in North America? :p

just the DLC, right? since this will be region free?

DLC, Gold Coin and Soundtrack, I believe theses are the NA Wizard Edition's extras. Edit: Beaten XD

guys just chillax. over the past days you've been so nervous over practically nothing. charged you on release date, will be there when it's ready. just chilllllll...go outside (if you're in canada) and do the snow angel or something.

I don't have a ton of spare money so when I spend 100+ on something I like to know what the status of it is. And outside of the charge I still have no clue when I'm getting it. Don't think anyone is really going crazy over this though, just frustrating to have ordered months ago with no clue of when it will arrive :/

I wish I could go outside and chill in Canada though, I miss the snow from when I lived in Alaska. Tis a wonderful thing.

Wickwire

I was hoping this would have had some type of release day shipping, but as of now my credit card hasn't even been charged and I orded in august. I really want it play it this weekend.

Phoenix's Rage

Neo Member
Contacted them. They were actually friendly over the phone, albeit it seems pretty clear that whatever system/infrastructure they use, it must be archaic. They forwarded my number to the accounting team to change my credit card information so that hopefully they can try reprocessing my order.

Contacted them. They were actually friendly over the phone, albeit it seems pretty clear that whatever system/infrastructure they use, it must be archaic. They forwarded my number to the accounting team to change my credit card information so that hopefully they can try reprocessing my order.

I'm imaging Apple II computers and dot matrix printers at the Digital River offices.

khaaan

But I put in an order back in August and they haven't charged me or sent me an email =(

brainpann

I'm imaging Apple II computers and dot matrix printers at the Digital River offices.

Guys, don't worry. I know a guy that works in the same complex as Digital River. He knows the CEO. This is a pic taken today of the ceo personally taking care of the Ni No Kuni orders.

198nDeptOffice.jpg

He also mentioned the fastest and easiest way to get in touch was via teletype.

epmode

I got an email from the Namco store!

We sincerely apologize, however there appears to have been a
miscommunication with payment information on these orders. Once an
order is placed in the system we do not have the ability to change the
credit card which will be charged. Due to the limited availability of
this product, we can no longer place orders for this product, therefore
we are unable to change your billing information. All available copies
have been sold and there is no left over stock
. You willl receive an
email once the order is complete or if there is any issue completing
your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Hours on the phone for nothing. What an awful store. What an awful staff.

If anyone has an unwanted copy of the US Wizard edition and doesn't feel like gouging someone on Ebay, I'd really appreciate a chance to buy it.

If anyone has an unwanted copy of the US Wizard edition and doesn't feel like gouging someone on Ebay, I'd really appreciate a chance to buy it.

Damn, that's terrible, I'm sorry about that. Did you order last week when they released "extra" units for sale?

sorry, i already gouged someone on ebay. :(

nasos_333

My credit card was charged today, so hopefully will have it by friday (took the 3 day option)

I wonder if good sales mean that there is a chance we see Ni no Kuni 2D on 3DS, with a integraded book like the PS3 version

It should be possible, since all translations etc are already done and the 3DS space is large enough to host the book digitally for sure

Fingers crossed, as much as i like PS3 one, i just miss the 2D hand painted world in DS version a huge lot

I wonder if good sales mean that there is a chance we see Ni no Kuni 2D on 3DS, with a integraded book like the PS3 version

It should be possible, since all translations etc are already done and the 3DS space is large enough to host the book digitally for sure

Fingers crossed, as much as i like PS3 one, i just miss the 2D hand painted world in DS version a huge lot

why not the DS version then ;P

Aeana

The DS version is a different game with a different story/dialog, so I wouldn't say the translations are already done.

Phoenix's Rage

Neo Member
I don't get it. If they wait until the ship date to charge your credit card and ship your item out, but cancel your order....the item should still physically exist and belong to no one because no one can order a copy at the store. Why is it so impossible for them to resolve this?

I too need a white knight with an unwanted copy :(

epmode

Damn, that's terrible, I'm sorry about that. Did you order last week when they released "extra" units for sale?

I ordered on June 30th. My bank decided to change my credit card number to head off potential fraud (They did this on their own; I did not initiate the switch) and I received notification on Thursday of last week.

I spoke with a lot of people over the phone using this thread as a guide. Everyone I spoke with was terrible, though, and they were clearly reading from a script. I couldn't get anyone who knew what they were doing.

nasos_333

The DS version is a different game with a different story/dialog, so I wouldn't say the translations are already done.

Totally different ?

I though PS3 one was an extended version of the exact same world/dialogs up to DS finale

why not the DS version then ;P

Because the DS catridge may not be enough to hold the book digitally and they said the book is the main reaosn they did not bring it overseas

But sure, if possible they could make it for DS indeed, no problem there (unless they have cool 3D effect on 3DS :) )

Chopper

As someone who owns the DS version, complete with glorious book, but has no Japanese knowledge whatsoever, I am somewhat saddened by this. As a collector, I'm pleased I own it, but I woud like to find a way to see what it has to offer one day. :/

ys45

Ssssooooo i guess i have the time to finish P4G and maybe get to 80 at Guild Wars 2 (currently 60) before i can play this :p

Anyone who ordered from Canada know if we get a tracking # once it's shipped ?

nasos_333

As someone who owns the DS version, complete with glorious book, but has no Japanese knowledge whatsoever, I am somewhat saddened by this. As a collector, I'm pleased I own it, but I woud like to find a way to see what t has to offer ome day. :/

If it comes to the worst, i am going to get the import version since it is region free

Will miss the story, but will see the 2D art and world, probably will have a good clue of what is going on from PS3 version as well :)

But i have a slight hope it may appear in english form at some point :), especially now that the book excuse does no longer stand and would seem silly

Aeana

Totally different ?

I though PS3 one was an extended version of the exact same world/dialogs up to DS finale

Because the DS catridge may not be enough to hold the book digitally and they said the book is the main reaosn they did not bring it overseas

But sure, if possible they could make it for DS indeed, no problem there (unless they have cool 3D effect on 3DS :) )
It's not completely different because the first part of the PS3 game is similar to the DS one, but they eventually diverge.

Hobbun

I ordered on June 30th. My bank decided to change my credit card number to head off potential fraud (They did this on their own; I did not initiate the switch) and I received notification on Thursday of last week.

I spoke with a lot of people over the phone using this thread as a guide. Everyone I spoke with was terrible, though, and they were clearly reading from a script. I couldn't get anyone who knew what they were doing.

Wow, that completely sucks. So sorry to hear that.

Sounds to me that your bank owes you a Wizards edition. Or at least access to buying one (at MSRP).

Seriously though, this is just fucked up. What company cannot accept credit card changes on an order before it is charged? Do they not want business?

TheExodu5

Banned
Ssssooooo i guess i have the time to finish P4G and maybe get to 80 at Guild Wars 2 (currently 60) before i can play this :p

No clue. Haven't gotten any notice from them yet, and if I try to check my invoice on their site I get a server error.

reson8or

Looks like I'll get the guide before the game, Amazon just shipped my guide, should be here tomorrow.

At least that's something!

Willxc123

So I actually got gouged myself on eBay before namco announced they were putting more up for sale, so I am going to get two copies. I'd be willing to sell the second one, but I paid 250 for it on eBay. PM me if you are interested. Wish I could sell it to some of you guys who got screwed with the credit card stuff at the regular price, but then I'd be losing money. As it is, I'll be willing to eat shipping costs and just sell it at 250 to whoever is interested

Hobbun

I don’t think anyone has even gotten notice of shipment (besides those from Amazon).

So I actually got gouged myself on eBay before namco announced they were putting more up for sale, so I am going to get two copies. I'd be willing to sell the second one, but I paid 250 for it on eBay. PM me if you are interested. Wish I could sell it to some of you guys who got screwed with the credit card stuff at the regular price, but then I'd be losing money. As it is, I'll be willing to eat shipping costs and just sell it at 250 to whoever is interested

lol.

Hobbun

Like I said in an earlier post, ridiculous prices online. 2 ½ times the price, wtf.

Top Bottom